• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Quote from: humbert on May 19, 2021, 04:44 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 18, 2021, 04:43 PM
The dark spot on the left made this look like a dong at first glance.

Dong? Hmmm... I'm not sure if the slang you're using corresponds to what we use here. To me it looks like something in my toilet before I flush it.  :o  Don't think for a second that's going to stop me from tasting it. It may look like what's in my toilet but probably doesn't smell like it.
The remark of Shadow.97 was a bit rude indeed, and it's obvious he has never smelt a figatellu. I think there is nothing better than a good figatellu gently roasted over an open fire. Unlike the saucisson, it smells like wood. In fact it is scented with cloves of garlic and spices and you can't find this distinctive fragrance anywhere else.

Daniil

Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 18, 2021, 04:43 PM
... The dark spot on the left made this look like a dong at first glance.
;D ;D I understand what you meant, but never before saw this word in such context.

Quote from: scarface on May 16, 2021, 05:22 PM
Figatellu is a fresh u-shaped sausage made of liver and minced pork meat flavoured with spices, garlic and red wine. Dried and smoked in hardwood, figatellu boasts strong characteristic flavours and a dark, often black colour. Traditionally figatellu is barbecued but may also be pan-fried, cooked in the oven or braised in a sauce with lentils.
Oh, looks like figatellu is a kind of what in Ukraine, Poland and Czech Republic named a "vine sausage"! It's very tasty, but we never cooks it in the owen - we just slice it to a thin chunks and eat as apperitive for beer or other alcohol.

scarface

Tonight, new photos are available on the forum.

Here you can see the sea with a pier.

Here you can see a laughing seagull, in Grau du roi

Here is a view of the port of Grau du roi

Maybe I'm going to sell my apartment. I found a buyer but I'm not really satisfied with the price of 164 000â,¬. I didn't sign anything yet, I've got 8 days to decide. I would keep it if I could find a reliable tenant. It's very easy to find tenants during summer who are ready to pay 500â,¬ per week, but you never know what the apartment will look like when they leave. humbert would be a happy pensioner here, it's a pity he has to stay in San antonio.

scarface

I sold my apartment today.
You can see some photos here.
I hope I won't regret it.

Maybe I'm going to hire humbert, shadow.97 and vasudev. I want to use some money to buy a flat in order to leave my current flat in Sceaux (I'm paying a rent).
If I can telework, I'd want to buy something outside Ile de France. Orléans seems to be interesting. I will tell you what I'm looking for.

scarface

humbert must be wondering why I sold this apartments. With the laughing seagulls in Grau du roi and the pink flamingos in the swamps near Aigues Mortes, this place is pretty unique.
Actually, I sold because I had a decent offer for the apartment even if I wanted more. With the confinement, there is a lack of housing on the market and a strong demand. But this might change in the future. And on the long term, this territory is threatened by climate change and coastal erosion.
To give you an idea of the cost of an apartment like this, here are the real estate expenses per year
property tax: 680 €, council tax: 600 €, condo fees: 960 €, boiler maintenance: 150 €, electricity: 250 €, gas: 180 €, insurance for the property: 180 €...
At least it costs 3000 € per year. And if you add maintenance costs, you are probably close to 4000 € per year.
That's why it can be interesting to rent an apartment for a year-round use, but it's difficult to find solvent tenants in this area because there are few jobs here.

It's impossible to find properties with prices above 1M € in Grau du roi and Port Camargue.
It seems that Americans are very rich in Miami to buy houses like this. I imagine that humbert would want to have such a villa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IM_ztQGAOg

scarface

Tonight, new photos are available on the forum.
I know that humbert and shadow.97 are looking at those photos.

Here you can see a path between Port Camargue and Le Grau du roi.
I used to walk on these paths in the 80's and early 90's with my grandparents.

The Grau du roi

On the background, The dike is defending the Grau du roi against the waves.
In the foreground, you can see some laughing seagulls.

In the Grau du roi

A big Catamaran in the port

A sand sculpture

humbert

Quote from: scarface on May 21, 2021, 12:39 AM
To give you an idea of the cost of an apartment like this, here are the real estate expenses per year
property tax: 680 â,¬, council tax: 600 â,¬, condo fees: 960 â,¬, boiler maintenance: 150 â,¬, electricity: 250 â,¬, gas: 180 â,¬, insurance for the property: 180 â,¬...

First of all, do I understand you correctly or did you say the area in the 164000â,¬ apartment you're selling is just 31 m²?

Are the above values you mentioned per YEAR? Property/council taxes of 1280â,¬ per year makes sense, as does 960â,¬ condo fees. With respect to electricity and gas, a combines total of 400â,¬ per year is very cheap. I'm thinking maybe it's because you've got 31 m². That's an extremely limited amount of space, at least by USA standards.

It seems that Americans are very rich in Miami to buy houses like this. I imagine that humbert would want to have such a villa.

Why anybody in their right mind would want to move to Miami is beyond my comprehension.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on May 22, 2021, 04:58 AM
property tax: 680 â,¬, council tax: 600 â,¬, condo fees: 960 â,¬, boiler maintenance: 150 â,¬, electricity: 250 â,¬, gas: 180 â,¬, insurance for the property: 180 â,¬...

First of all, do I understand you correctly or did you say the area in the 164000â,¬ apartment you're selling is just 31 m²?

Are the above values you mentioned per YEAR? Property/council taxes of 1280â,¬ per year makes sense, as does 960â,¬ condo fees. With respect to electricity and gas, a combines total of 400â,¬ per year is very cheap. I'm thinking maybe it's because you've got 31 m². That's an extremely limited amount of space, at least by USA standards.
Well, I don't know if we should talk about money. Some users like shadow.97 and Vasudev, who have little money, might be jealous. But for this price I really hesitated because it's actually pretty cheap. I sold it because I didn't know if I was going to use it, but I really like the place here. I have even lived here and it's pretty cool.
As far as the price of electricity and gas is concerned, it would be probably more if someone was living inside it year-round indeed.
And this apartment has a view on a car park. The same ones with a view on the port are much more expensive (look at this: https://www.leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/1805683325.htm?ac=558505705)
What's more prices are pretty low here. I went to the bar l'Epinoche yesterday evening to drink a pastis tomate, it was at 2 euros. In Saint Etienne it was at 2,5 euros.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on May 22, 2021, 05:53 AM
Well, I don't know if we should talk about money. Some users like shadow.97 and Vasudev, who have little money, might be jealous. But for this price I really hesitated because it's actually pretty cheap. I sold it because I didn't know if I was going to use it, but I really like the place here. I have even lived here and it's pretty cool.

Don't assume that Shadow.97, Vasudev et al are low on money. Shadow has a great job in Dublin. In fact his job some sort of involves some sort of security clearance. I clearly recall he told us there are aspects about it he wasn't free to discuss. Add to this the fact that he is totally self sufficient financially. Vasudev is an engineer, or will soon be. He has a great laptop and possibly a desktop. While it's true that engineers in the USA and Europe are paid more, rest assured Vasu doesn't have to worry about his next meal.

With respect to talking about money, what should remain confidential is how of it each of us makes. The cost of a property or the expenses accrued by living there aren't exactly top secret.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on May 23, 2021, 04:55 AM
Quote from: scarface on May 22, 2021, 05:53 AM

Don't assume that Shadow.97, Vasudev et al are low on money. Shadow has a great job in Dublin. In fact his job some sort of involves some sort of security clearance. I clearly recall he told us there are aspects about it he wasn't free to discuss. Add to this the fact that he is totally self sufficient financially. Vasudev is an engineer, or will soon be. He has a great laptop and possibly a desktop. While it's true that engineers in the USA and Europe are paid more, rest assured Vasu doesn't have to worry about his next meal.

With respect to talking about money, what should remain confidential is how of it each of us makes. The cost of a property or the expenses accrued by living there aren't exactly top secret.
Well, you're probably right. You can delete this message, your message and modify my message if you want, since I was obviously mistaken.
Note that I'm going to add new photos today.