• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Android Apps Now Capable Of Running On Windows PCs

Started by CPP_GEEK, April 07, 2015, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I tried to do exactly the same thing with Bluestacks and I couldn't get the thing to work. Who knows, maybe I did something wrong.

Of course all these programs are nothing more than ROMs what interact with Android apps. Where I'm confused concerning the others apps that have been mentioned is how to make them work. When you say to run it under VMWare or Virtual Box, then are we talking about a totally independent OS that could be put on another PC the same way you do with Windows or Linux?

Vasudev

CPP_GEEK

Quote from: Vasudev on April 10, 2015, 12:09 PM
Check this link out.
This link gives android x86. I have recently installed it and I am using it now. This thing is DUMB. Only a few game can be installed in it. MOD Apk cannot be installed in it,, Better use an android tablet or phone, you'll get no problem.
a.a View my forum: cgeeks.smfnew2.com

humbert

I'm seeing that basically this thing is a distro of Linux modified to be installed on a PC and run APK files. I'm not surprised, Android is, after all one more version of Linux, only modified to be used on portable devices.

Have any of you actually gotten this thing to work?

Vasudev

IMO, all apps cannot run natively in x86 as it is dependent on arm architecture which is different. So, codes are architecture dependent.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 11, 2015, 08:03 PM
IMO, all apps cannot run natively in x86 as it is dependent on arm architecture which is different. So, codes are architecture dependent.

Emulators are just that -- emulators. The real thing is always better. :)

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 13, 2015, 04:59 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on April 11, 2015, 08:03 PM

Emulators are just that -- emulators. The real thing is always better. :)
I disagree.. Because, look at game emulators, they can increase the graphic, and they can run it a lot smoother. (According to my experiences)

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 13, 2015, 03:35 PM
I disagree.. Because, look at game emulators, they can increase the graphic, and they can run it a lot smoother. (According to my experiences)

That's an interesting point. Please give me an example of where, in your experience, the emulator does a better job than the real thing.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 14, 2015, 03:32 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 13, 2015, 03:35 PM

That's an interesting point. Please give me an example of where, in your experience, the emulator does a better job than the real thing.
Playstation 1 emulator, gameboy advance SP emulator (antialiasing), nintendo 8bit. Those are the ones I personally prefer on pc than the real deal.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 14, 2015, 01:44 PM
Playstation 1 emulator, gameboy advance SP emulator (antialiasing), nintendo 8bit. Those are the ones I personally prefer on pc than the real deal.

This makes perfect sense. You can't compare the processing power of these devices you mentioned with that of a more modern machine.