• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Firefox Quantum and the future

Started by humbert, October 27, 2017, 05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 13, 2017, 03:57 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 12, 2017, 07:51 AM
I use only one browser. I did find chrome to be a resource hog than firefox even w/o FF quantum.

FF57 is indeed as fast or faster than Chrome. Not so for previous versions. FF56 and older took a few seconds to load and do anything, Chrome did it almost immediately. Fortunately old versions of Firefox are history.

Quote from: Vasudev on November 12, 2017, 07:51 AM
Try the default h264 encoder using CPU at half frame rate or full frame rate.
Mutiple quotes are broken.
Sorry that was intended for Panzer.
Is this a Firefox addon? If so, then is it used to play videos inside the browser from sites such as [for example] Youtube or Vimeo?
Its OSD recorder in MSI Afterburner and RTSS.

Vasudev

Got the update for FF57 on Linux and Windows, its really faster than FF56 with FF57 like tweaks. Its darn fast. Only thing lacking is a download manager for firefox web extension.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 16, 2017, 11:45 AM
Got the update for FF57 on Linux and Windows, its really faster than FF56 with FF57 like tweaks. Its darn fast. Only thing lacking is a download manager for firefox web extension.

Take my advice and install IDM. Believe me, there's nothing better. Ask the many millions of users.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 17, 2017, 03:26 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 16, 2017, 11:45 AM

Take my advice and install IDM. Believe me, there's nothing better. Ask the many millions of users.
What about on Linux? IDM won't work correctly on Wine as well. I know IDM is best, but it can download only as fast as my speeds, right?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 17, 2017, 09:59 AM
What about on Linux? IDM won't work correctly on Wine as well. I know IDM is best, but it can download only as fast as my speeds, right?

Indeed there is no IDM for Linux, but for Windows it's excellent. Many people use it. It downloads very fast and will persist until the file is down. It also shows a download bar every time a video or any other media plays, giving you the option of downloading it. Get a copy from your favorite torrent site and just follow the instructions.

I realize you like "Down Them All" but unfortunately for now it's not available. When that happens it's time to explore options.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 18, 2017, 04:24 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 17, 2017, 09:59 AM

Indeed there is no IDM for Linux, but for Windows it's excellent. Many people use it. It downloads very fast and will persist until the file is down. It also shows a download bar every time a video or any other media plays, giving you the option of downloading it. Get a copy from your favorite torrent site and just follow the instructions.

I realize you like "Down Them All" but unfortunately for now it's not available. When that happens it's time to explore options.
IDM is the best one but problem is I use it on every PC so finding a working crack for everybody is little tough.
Downthemall will be ready for testing in final week of Nov and public release will be in Dec.
I'll give IDM a try. I used it 4 years ago when I was in a cyber cafe.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 18, 2017, 11:20 AM
IDM is the best one but problem is I use it on every PC so finding a working crack for everybody is little tough.

There is nothing "tough" about cracking IDM. I and many others are tired of doing it. Simply apply the patch and enter a fake name when prompted. When you upgrade just repeat the procedure.

Downthemall will be ready for testing in final week of Nov and public release will be in Dec. I'll give IDM a try. I used it 4 years ago when I was in a cyber cafe.

Awesome. Use IDM in the mean time. Who knows, you might even prefer it and not go back to DownThemAll except for Linux. I was using Lastpass as my password manager. The closest working equivalent was BitWarden. Guess what? I prefer BitWarden. I even put it on Chrome to replace Lastpass.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 19, 2017, 03:12 AM

There is nothing "tough" about cracking IDM. I and many others are tired of doing it. Simply apply the patch and enter a fake name when prompted. When you upgrade just repeat the procedure.

Downthemall will be ready for testing in final week of Nov and public release will be in Dec. I'll give IDM a try. I used it 4 years ago when I was in a cyber cafe.
LP web extension isn't working perfectly for example keyboard hotkeys, asks for 2FA every damn time, SMS passcodes for authentication brings up a console browser for compiling and debugging etc..
Awesome. Use IDM in the mean time. Who knows, you might even prefer it and not go back to DownThemAll except for Linux. I was using Lastpass as my password manager. The closest working equivalent was BitWarden. Guess what? I prefer BitWarden. I even put it on Chrome to replace Lastpass.