Author Topic: What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?  (Read 17888 times)

June 17, 2020, 01:20 PM
Reply #150
  • Global Moderator
Look at the photo below.
At first glance, you can see a lot of potatoes, and the scholars of the forum are going to think that it is certainly a "gratin dauphinois".
But if you peer at the baking dish, you are going to notice some little "lardons" and some cheese rinds.
As you have guessed, this is not a gratin dauphinois, but a tartiflette. The cheese rinds are the remains of the molten cheese, in this case a whole Reblochon, in the oven.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:39 PM by scarface »

June 18, 2020, 06:27 AM
Reply #151
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm going to present another healthy meal.
Look at the photo below. I guess it is not hard for you to identify the main ingredients.
aa1234779 and vasudev are certainly aware that a good bottle of wine is on the menu. As for the cheese, I'll tell you later its name.

June 18, 2020, 02:39 PM
Reply #152
  • Global Moderator

June 19, 2020, 06:06 AM
Reply #153
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm going to present another recipe. Look carefully at the photo below.
What you see is a French specialty with an excellent 2015 red wine, the 2015 Cotes du Rhône vintage is incredible (It is probably one of the best bottles that you have seen on the forum, until now).
You are probably wondering if this infamous green mush deserves so good a wine. And I guess this is an existential question. In all likelihood, you will not find the answer in the books of Spinoza, Nietzsche or Descartes. The latter wrote "I think therefore I am" but maybe he should have written "I drink some Chateauneuf du Pape, therfore I am". Maher and aa1234779 have certainly noticed that after 2 glasses of wine, I have become much more intelligent. And I wouldn't be suprised if Vasudev or usman were ordering a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape this afternoon. If they die without knowing the taste of such a wine, maybe they will miss something.
I will tell you tonight whether the infamous green mush, that you probably know if you have been to the Ritz, deserves a good bottle of wine.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 06:30 AM by scarface »

June 22, 2020, 02:04 PM
Reply #154
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm presenting another recipe.
Look at the photo below.
You have certainly identified the vegetables: boiled carrots and fried potatoes, seasoned with aromatic herbs. I'm sure that Vasudev and aa1234779 are a bit amazed at the sausages: they look overcooked. But they aren't. Because pork sausages must be thoroughly cooked. If you are eating under-cooked pork, you can get the Taenia worm. I guess humbert and shadow.97 know this.

June 23, 2020, 06:27 AM
Reply #155
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm going to present another recipe.
First and foremost, try to identify the type of dish, and then the texture.
Note that it was cooked in the oven and it is slightly overcooked.
The photos of the honor 9 lite are disappointing and I'm sure it will not be easy for you.

June 23, 2020, 02:45 PM
Reply #156
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.
Look at the photo below. The meat looks exceptional. It is a nice rib of beef. Beef meat must not be overcooked but slightly pink inside.
Maher and Christopher probably know how difficult it is to get perfectly cooked ribs of beef.
Maybe you are paying attention to the potatoes too. They were delicately cooked and grilled.
Of course there are aromatic herbs to season the dish and the red wine is already served.

June 29, 2020, 06:24 AM
Reply #157
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm gonna present another recipe.
Lately, I realized that most of my recipes were containing either pork or beef meet.
But for the Muslims and the indians, those recipes are not always useful.
Let's imagine that we can get the palace we want in Miami: Many users of the forum, like I, humbert, Maher, Christopher, Vasudev, aa1234779, shadow.97, topdog are gathering at home for a feast and looking for the perfect barbecue. Let's forget the pork sausages and the beef ribs, we need to find something that everyone can eat, in accordance with religion. We have seen that humbert is not big on seafood, we really have to find seared cut of tender meat.
You can see this meat below. I'll reveal later what kind of meat that is (it has never been presented on the forum yet).

As you might have guessed, the meat in the photo is horse meat. I'm pretty sure that Maher, Vasudev and aa1234779 would enjoy eating such meat. It reminded me of duck meat, and it was a perfect match for a tannic red wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK8--sO6zKA
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:25 PM by scarface »

July 04, 2020, 06:44 AM
Reply #158
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm going to present a new recipe.
Look carefully at the picture below, and try to analyze the main ingredients.

I'm pretty sure Vasudev and usman are flabbergasted. This dish is insanely popular in North India and Pakistan indeed.
This is a Chicken Tikka Masala (Poulet Tikka Masala in French).
You have probably spotted the good bottle of wine that was opened on this occasion. And shadow.97 has certainly noticed that I have new handmade decorative plates. As for the wine, you are certainly wondering why there are no Cotes-du-Rhône, like a Chateauneuf-du-Pape or an excellent claret, like a Château Cheval blanc, with such a dish. These wines are a bit too strong for white meat. Instead, I chose a Bourgogne wine that provides a perfect match with fish, white meat or sauerkraut.

July 07, 2020, 09:58 PM
Reply #159
  • Global Moderator
Let's imagine that we can get the palace we want in Miami: Many users of the forum, like I, humbert, Maher, Christopher, Vasudev, aa1234779, shadow.97, topdog are gathering at home for a feast and looking for the perfect barbecue.

Couldn't you have picked another place? Miami's a terrible place. It's crowded, people are rude, traffic is heavy, it's expensive, etc. Let me ask this: are you looking for a place with a warm beach or what? There are an infinity of better places.

I don't know of any place in Miami where you could put a barbeque, unless you own a house with a sufficiently large back yard.