Author Topic: What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?  (Read 18937 times)

July 08, 2020, 04:44 PM
Reply #160
  • Global Moderator
Couldn't you have picked another place? Miami's a terrible place. It's crowded, people are rude, traffic is heavy, it's expensive, etc. Let me ask this: are you looking for a place with a warm beach or what? There are an infinity of better places.

I don't know of any place in Miami where you could put a barbeque, unless you own a house with a sufficiently large back yard.
If you don't mind, I'm going to answer this question too, which is practically the same one. https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg35622#msg35622
And if you don't mind I will delete my message and your message in the said topic.

Well, I think your answer is exceptional, because it could really depict any big town in general. For these reasons, I would not want to live in Paris any longer. I think I should have stayed in Saint Etienne to be honest, where rents are significantly lower. I'm currently in Sceaux (pronouce "Saw") and I have a balcony to put a barbecue. In big towns, it's difficult to find flats with big balconies. And when I go to Paris, I don't need any "hostal".
Maybe the photo of Place Vendôme reminded you of the Ritz. Unfortunately, their premises don't meet my standards and I won't go there. For example, there is no balcony overlooking Place Vendôme to cook some sausages. Finally, if you are not a king like these visitors, you will get a chilly reception: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_pahP8QO5c

July 10, 2020, 10:15 PM
Reply #161
  • Global Moderator
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. When you talk about deleting messages, do you mean transferring the content to another message or topic, of something else? If this is what you mean then I have no objection, it helps keep everything orderly.

I found Sceaux on Google maps. I guess anything beats living in a big city such as Paris, or any other. If things were OK for you in Saint Etienne, why did you leave? BTW, Google says it 12° over there. How nice! Here daytime temps approach 40° and a few degrees higher next week. I hate this heat! My electric bill is already over $200 and higher next month.

I'm thinking that in your Barbeque scenario, you mean a small open place where you can put and deploy the BBQ and all of us would be inside. I was imagining something different. I believe it would be a much larger outdoor place where you can easily put a barbeque and the rest of us would be chatting under trees, or [for example] maybe some of us could play football or another sport.

July 11, 2020, 01:26 PM
Reply #162
  • Global Moderator
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. When you talk about deleting messages, do you mean transferring the content to another message or topic, of something else? If this is what you mean then I have no objection, it helps keep everything orderly.
I have a tendancy to delete useless messages, and I remember usmangujjar and iih don't like this. But do you want this forum to be like Noteboreview forum? With hundreds of thousand of useless messages? I have an account over there and I know that Vasudev hangs out there, but I'm only posting messages here.

I found Sceaux on Google maps. I guess anything beats living in a big city such as Paris, or any other. If things were OK for you in Saint Etienne, why did you leave? BTW, Google says it 12° over there. How nice! Here daytime temps approach 40° and a few degrees higher next week. I hate this heat! My electric bill is already over $200 and higher next month.

I'm thinking that in your Barbeque scenario, you mean a small open place where you can put and deploy the BBQ and all of us would be inside. I was imagining something different. I believe it would be a much larger outdoor place where you can easily put a barbeque and the rest of us would be chatting under trees, or [for example] maybe some of us could play football or another sport.
I will answer these questions tomorrow.
Note that I will present another recipe with another excellent meat.

July 17, 2020, 12:19 PM
Reply #163
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm reposting a new recipe on the forum with some comments and I’m going to reveal what kind of meat it is.

Look at the photos below. Some of you might be thinking it is a pork chop. But look more carefully at the second photo: the meat is pinkish. Should it be pork, it would either be undercooked or a “pork sushi”. God Damn would I be wrong, since pork meat is not good when it is not cooked enough!
This noble meat is not a roast lamb either, even if it looks like it.
You have probably understood that it was a pan-fried duck breast. Cooking such a piece of meat is an art, and I’m going to tell you the secret.
First and foremost, score the skin of the duck breast with a sharp knife and season with salt
then, place the breast skin-side down in a cold non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
As the fat is released, tilt the pan towards you and use a spoon to remove the liquid
Cook the duck breast for approximately 6 minutes then turn it over and continue to cook for 4 minutes.
Once done, let’s cook the vegetables. What you see on the photos are not chickpeas but green beans, cooked in butter.
With this, an excellent wine is required. Mainly made with Grenache and Syrah, the Vacqueyras reveals spicy and red ripe fruit aromas. On the palate, it is round and harmonious with smooth and a long spicy finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQC3yCszYH4

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:21 PM by scarface »

July 18, 2020, 10:21 AM
Reply #164
  • Global Moderator
Note that another recipe, with a good piece of fish and some wine will be presented tonight.

July 19, 2020, 05:44 AM
Reply #165
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm presenting a new recipe. Look at the picture below: it is an unusual presentation for a simple dish.
Try to identify the meat, the vegetables and the yellow stuff. It might not be easy but I will give comments on this dish later.

July 22, 2020, 03:54 PM
Reply #166
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe. Look at the main ingredients and try to identify them in the photo below.
I'm sure that humbert, Maher and the users of the forum are flabbergasted, soft lighting and refined cuisine meet in a quietly elegant atmosphere at dinner.
I'll tell you what kind of meat it is later.

August 01, 2020, 12:58 PM
Reply #167
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.
I'm showing you the first pictures. I will show you the rest when the dish is ready.
I ought to point out that the first picture is showing two vegetables, even if their round shape may be reminiscent of the artillery shells of the second world war for some of you.
If you don't know what kind of vegetable it is, I will give you the answer tonight.

Finally, you have the last photo. In case you didn't figure out what kind of vegetable it was, those were eggplants (aubergines in French). The secret to get delicious eggplants is to grill them in a frying pan, with a lot of olive oil. Don't be stingy with olive oil, it makes them tasty.
With this, we have a rib of beef and an exquisite Spanish wine. The Denominación de Origen Calificada Rioja is located in the north of Spain, on both sides of the River Ebro. It is divided into three large zones: Rioja Alta, Rioja Alavesa and Rioja Oriental. With more than 65,000 hectares of vineyards, each town and terroir has its own personality, making Rioja a unique land. Those Rioja wines are pretty cheap, and yet Rioja produces many of Spain’s best wines as well as many good values.
I think you have here all the ingredients to make a tasty dish. It's probably even better than the dishes served at the Ritz, and I'm not even talking about the deplorable welcome (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_pahP8QO5c)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDPllSfenzQ
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:00 PM by scarface »