• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Maybe some of you have been able to identify the type of meat in the previous message. If you were thinking they were pork sausages, you were right indeed.
Pork sausages with rice, beans and a good wine is a pretty good recipe. However, I must tell you that it is not my favorite meat. I'm currently eating a gratin dauphinois (some potatoes) with a Roast lamb studded with rosemary & garlic. Of course, I opened an excellent bottle of red wine, a Crozes-Hermitage.
Roast lamb, breast of duck and of course the foie gras are my favorite meats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DiCeoOoMCQ

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on June 10, 2020, 09:55 PM
Maybe some of you have been able to identify the type of meat in the previous message. If you were thinking they were pork sausages, you were right indeed.
Pork sausages with rice, beans and a good wine is a pretty good recipe. However, I must tell you that it is not my favorite meat. I'm currently eating a gratin dauphinois (some potatoes) with a Roast lamb studded with rosemary & garlic. Of course, I opened an excellent bottle of red wine, a Crozes-Hermitage.
Roast lamb, breast of duck and of course the foie gras are my favorite meats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DiCeoOoMCQ

Where do you stand with the Foie gras controversy? Meaning, shoving a pipe into the goose and pumping the stomach full of food?

Lamb is my favorite meat, especially boiled with dill sauce and potatoes.

I'd love your food there.
Was that a picture from the internet, or have you gotten a fancy date and a new table?

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 10, 2020, 10:39 PM
Where do you stand with the Foie gras controversy? Meaning, shoving a pipe into the goose and pumping the stomach full of food?
Well, I'm not eating foie gras very often, but when I do, I'm not thinking about the pipe. Instead, I'd rather think that the goose was well-treated.

Lamb is my favorite meat, especially boiled with dill sauce and potatoes.
I'd love your food there.

I think we like the same recipes, even though I think I might be more uncompromising concerning the quality of the wine.

Was that a picture from the internet, or have you gotten a fancy date and a new
table?

It is indeed a picture from the internet, I was too lazy tonight to take a photo.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.
Look at the photo below. I guess that humbert and shadow.97 know the name of this dish.
You can also pay attention to the bottle of red wine and seek its origin.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on June 12, 2020, 09:06 PM
Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.
Look at the photo below. I guess that humbert and shadow.97 know the name of this dish.
You can also pay attention to the bottle of red wine and seek its origin.

That is 100% a combination I could never in my life expect.

Chicken(?) and clams on the same plate??

I've never had those clam-things. Are they even called that?

The only time I put one on my plate was during christmas, when my uncle had brought them to the christmas buffé.
I tried to get one in myself for the longest time, but the longer i waited the more disturbed i got by its appearance.

I've heard that its really delicious, but sadly I don't think i'll eat it in the next 5 years atleast.

Also, are those Crayfish?
I do like shrimps quite a bit, but I often find them overpowering in dishes.

Anyway!
I'd love to try that dish, no clue what it is, but if this was on a buffé I'd likely just take a crayfish or two, and then just lots of rice and peas.

The last days I had batch (home)made pasta sallad containing the following:
Creme freich, mozarella, fresh pasta, red onion, garlic, olives, sundried tomato, tuna in brine and baby leaf mix.
It lasted 4 days for both breakfast and last night food. At noon I had bread with cheese mostly.
Normally I'd just have it for dinner, but due to not understanding just how much food I made, I felt like I had to eat it all somewhat rapidly as it would get spoiled otherwise.

scarface

To put it bluntly, I'm a bit puzzled by the answer of shadow.97, because I assumed he would know this recipe.
Maybe some of you recognized this dish originating in southern Europe: nowadays the paella is known as the national dish of Spain.
What you see here is not a mere paella: I ordered it from the deli and it was a delicious paella.
Hopefully, you have recognized some ingredients in the paella: curried rice, a piece of chicken, some mussels (those are not clams), shrimps and gambas...
If you are Muslim, chances are you don't eat paellas very often, since a paella traditionally contains slices of chorizo (ie pork meat coming from Spain).

humbert

Quote from: scarface on June 13, 2020, 01:33 PM
To put it bluntly, I'm a bit puzzled by the answer of humbert, because I assumed he would know this recipe.

I eat pretty much the same thing every day. Cereal for breakfast, tuna & crackers for lunch, rice and frozen meals for dinner. I don't have the time nor the patience to cook a meal, plus it's just not practical.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on June 15, 2020, 05:50 AM
I eat pretty much the same thing every day. Cereal for breakfast, tuna & crackers for lunch, rice and frozen meals for dinner. I don't have the time nor the patience to cook a meal, plus it's just not practical.
I didn't expect you to cook a paella every week, but I was pretty sure you would know the word "paella". Or maybe the photo I took didn't look like a paella. Those who have been to Spain know that the sentences need to survive other there are "Quiero comer una paella" and "Quiero una jarra de agua fría y rebanadas de naranja".

scarface

Look at the photo below.
At first glance, you can see a lot of potatoes, and the scholars of the forum are going to think that it is certainly a "gratin dauphinois".
But if you peer at the baking dish, you are going to notice some little "lardons" and some cheese rinds.
As you have guessed, this is not a gratin dauphinois, but a tartiflette. The cheese rinds are the remains of the molten cheese, in this case a whole Reblochon, in the oven.

scarface

Today, I'm gonna present another recipe.
Lately, I realized that most of my recipes were containing either pork or beef meet.
But for the Muslims and the indians, those recipes are not always useful.
Let's imagine that we can get the palace we want in Miami: Many users of the forum, like I, humbert, Maher, Christopher, Vasudev, aa1234779, shadow.97, topdog are gathering at home for a feast and looking for the perfect barbecue. Let's forget the pork sausages and the beef ribs, we need to find something that everyone can eat, in accordance with religion. We have seen that humbert is not big on seafood, we really have to find seared cut of tender meat.
You can see this meat below. I'll reveal later what kind of meat that is (it has never been presented on the forum yet).

As you might have guessed, the meat in the photo is horse meat. I'm pretty sure that Maher, Vasudev and aa1234779 would enjoy eating such meat. It reminded me of duck meat, and it was a perfect match for a tannic red wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK8--sO6zKA