Author Topic: What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?  (Read 21657 times)

June 23, 2020, 02:45 PM
Reply #120
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.
Look at the photo below. The meat looks exceptional. It is a nice rib of beef. Beef meat must not be overcooked but slightly pink inside.
Maher and Christopher probably know how difficult it is to get perfectly cooked ribs of beef.
Maybe you are paying attention to the potatoes too. They were delicately cooked and grilled.
Of course there are aromatic herbs to season the dish and the red wine is already served.

June 29, 2020, 06:24 AM
Reply #121
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm gonna present another recipe.
Lately, I realized that most of my recipes were containing either pork or beef meet.
But for the Muslims and the indians, those recipes are not always useful.
Let's imagine that we can get the palace we want in Miami: Many users of the forum, like I, humbert, Maher, Christopher, Vasudev, aa1234779, shadow.97, topdog are gathering at home for a feast and looking for the perfect barbecue. Let's forget the pork sausages and the beef ribs, we need to find something that everyone can eat, in accordance with religion. We have seen that humbert is not big on seafood, we really have to find seared cut of tender meat.
You can see this meat below. I'll reveal later what kind of meat that is (it has never been presented on the forum yet).

As you might have guessed, the meat in the photo is horse meat. I'm pretty sure that Maher, Vasudev and aa1234779 would enjoy eating such meat. It reminded me of duck meat, and it was a perfect match for a tannic red wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK8--sO6zKA
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:25 PM by scarface »

July 07, 2020, 09:58 PM
Reply #122
  • Global Moderator
Let's imagine that we can get the palace we want in Miami: Many users of the forum, like I, humbert, Maher, Christopher, Vasudev, aa1234779, shadow.97, topdog are gathering at home for a feast and looking for the perfect barbecue.

Couldn't you have picked another place? Miami's a terrible place. It's crowded, people are rude, traffic is heavy, it's expensive, etc. Let me ask this: are you looking for a place with a warm beach or what? There are an infinity of better places.

I don't know of any place in Miami where you could put a barbeque, unless you own a house with a sufficiently large back yard.

July 08, 2020, 04:44 PM
Reply #123
  • Global Moderator
Couldn't you have picked another place? Miami's a terrible place. It's crowded, people are rude, traffic is heavy, it's expensive, etc. Let me ask this: are you looking for a place with a warm beach or what? There are an infinity of better places.

I don't know of any place in Miami where you could put a barbeque, unless you own a house with a sufficiently large back yard.
If you don't mind, I'm going to answer this question too, which is practically the same one. https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg35622#msg35622
And if you don't mind I will delete my message and your message in the said topic.

Well, I think your answer is exceptional, because it could really depict any big town in general. For these reasons, I would not want to live in Paris any longer. I think I should have stayed in Saint Etienne to be honest, where rents are significantly lower. I'm currently in Sceaux (pronouce "Saw") and I have a balcony to put a barbecue. In big towns, it's difficult to find flats with big balconies. And when I go to Paris, I don't need any "hostal".
Maybe the photo of Place Vendôme reminded you of the Ritz. Unfortunately, their premises don't meet my standards and I won't go there. For example, there is no balcony overlooking Place Vendôme to cook some sausages. Finally, if you are not a king like these visitors, you will get a chilly reception: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_pahP8QO5c

July 10, 2020, 10:15 PM
Reply #124
  • Global Moderator
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. When you talk about deleting messages, do you mean transferring the content to another message or topic, of something else? If this is what you mean then I have no objection, it helps keep everything orderly.

I found Sceaux on Google maps. I guess anything beats living in a big city such as Paris, or any other. If things were OK for you in Saint Etienne, why did you leave? BTW, Google says it 12° over there. How nice! Here daytime temps approach 40° and a few degrees higher next week. I hate this heat! My electric bill is already over $200 and higher next month.

I'm thinking that in your Barbeque scenario, you mean a small open place where you can put and deploy the BBQ and all of us would be inside. I was imagining something different. I believe it would be a much larger outdoor place where you can easily put a barbeque and the rest of us would be chatting under trees, or [for example] maybe some of us could play football or another sport.

July 11, 2020, 01:26 PM
Reply #125
  • Global Moderator
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. When you talk about deleting messages, do you mean transferring the content to another message or topic, of something else? If this is what you mean then I have no objection, it helps keep everything orderly.
I have a tendancy to delete useless messages, and I remember usmangujjar and iih don't like this. But do you want this forum to be like Noteboreview forum? With hundreds of thousand of useless messages? I have an account over there and I know that Vasudev hangs out there, but I'm only posting messages here.

I found Sceaux on Google maps. I guess anything beats living in a big city such as Paris, or any other. If things were OK for you in Saint Etienne, why did you leave? BTW, Google says it 12° over there. How nice! Here daytime temps approach 40° and a few degrees higher next week. I hate this heat! My electric bill is already over $200 and higher next month.

I'm thinking that in your Barbeque scenario, you mean a small open place where you can put and deploy the BBQ and all of us would be inside. I was imagining something different. I believe it would be a much larger outdoor place where you can easily put a barbeque and the rest of us would be chatting under trees, or [for example] maybe some of us could play football or another sport.
I will answer these questions tomorrow.
Note that I will present another recipe with another excellent meat.

July 17, 2020, 12:19 PM
Reply #126
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm reposting a new recipe on the forum with some comments and I’m going to reveal what kind of meat it is.

Look at the photos below. Some of you might be thinking it is a pork chop. But look more carefully at the second photo: the meat is pinkish. Should it be pork, it would either be undercooked or a “pork sushi”. God Damn would I be wrong, since pork meat is not good when it is not cooked enough!
This noble meat is not a roast lamb either, even if it looks like it.
You have probably understood that it was a pan-fried duck breast. Cooking such a piece of meat is an art, and I’m going to tell you the secret.
First and foremost, score the skin of the duck breast with a sharp knife and season with salt
then, place the breast skin-side down in a cold non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
As the fat is released, tilt the pan towards you and use a spoon to remove the liquid
Cook the duck breast for approximately 6 minutes then turn it over and continue to cook for 4 minutes.
Once done, let’s cook the vegetables. What you see on the photos are not chickpeas but green beans, cooked in butter.
With this, an excellent wine is required. Mainly made with Grenache and Syrah, the Vacqueyras reveals spicy and red ripe fruit aromas. On the palate, it is round and harmonious with smooth and a long spicy finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQC3yCszYH4

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:21 PM by scarface »

August 01, 2020, 12:58 PM
Reply #127
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.
I'm showing you the first pictures. I will show you the rest when the dish is ready.
I ought to point out that the first picture is showing two vegetables, even if their round shape may be reminiscent of the artillery shells of the second world war for some of you.
If you don't know what kind of vegetable it is, I will give you the answer tonight.

Finally, you have the last photo. In case you didn't figure out what kind of vegetable it was, those were eggplants (aubergines in French). The secret to get delicious eggplants is to grill them in a frying pan, with a lot of olive oil. Don't be stingy with olive oil, it makes them tasty.
With this, we have a rib of beef and an exquisite Spanish wine. The Denominación de Origen Calificada Rioja is located in the north of Spain, on both sides of the River Ebro. It is divided into three large zones: Rioja Alta, Rioja Alavesa and Rioja Oriental. With more than 65,000 hectares of vineyards, each town and terroir has its own personality, making Rioja a unique land. Those Rioja wines are pretty cheap, and yet Rioja produces many of Spain’s best wines as well as many good values.
I think you have here all the ingredients to make a tasty dish. It's probably even better than the dishes served at the Ritz, and I'm not even talking about the deplorable welcome (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_pahP8QO5c)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDPllSfenzQ
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:00 PM by scarface »

August 30, 2020, 06:40 AM
Reply #128
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm going to present another kind of food.
Try to analyze the photo below. I'm sure that some users of the forum know what it is.

Those are walnuts. It's likely that few users are eating walnuts, and instead of a mcdonald I advise you to add them to you menu because it's good for the health.

The nut is the fruit of the walnut tree, of rounded or ovoid shape, with a hard wrinkled shell of a reddish-brown colour. The edible part inside has a particular sweet taste.
They grow in a hard shell, that, when opened, reveals the walnut. This is then split in two, which is why you most commonly see them as flat segments. Walnuts are usually eaten raw or roasted.

It is used as an ingredient in many dishes, sauces and ice creams. Apart from being one of the most appreciated dry fruits thanks to its pleasant taste, it is also one of the richest in oil content, reason why they are used to obtain this substance.
Walnuts have many health benefits, since they contain important phytochemicals, as well as high amounts of polyunsaturated fats that offer potential benefits for both brain health and function. Omega-3 fatty acids play a part by helping reduce oxidative stress in the brain, but also by helping to improve brain signalling and neurogenesis, which is the creation of neurons.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 07:37 AM by scarface »

September 14, 2020, 12:18 PM
Reply #129
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe. Look carefully at the photos below.
What you see is a gastronomic experience with a French speciality, most particularly the "viande limousine" (beef).
You can see some green beans, in their shallot sauce and an excellent Crozes-Hermitage too.
If you are wondering where the cow comes from, the name Limousine indicates its origin: Limousin is a former administrative region of southwest-central France. On 1 January 2016, it became part of the new administrative region of Nouvelle-Aquitaine. It comprised three departments: Corrèze, Creuse, and Haute-Vienne.

I'm going to tell Maher, aa1234779, usman shadow.97...how to obtain a good sirloin. The secret relies in mastering the cooking of the meat.
First and foremost, allow your steak to thaw to room temperature about an hour prior to cooking. Grilling it when it is cold prevents the heat from reaching the middle effectively.
Make sure that your pan or skillet is very hot before you begin as this helps to caramelise the meat while keeping the crust crisp.
Then, choose a cast iron skillet: as it can get really hot and retain the heat well – ideal for attaining the charred smoky exterior.
Maybe you prefer to keep seasoning to a minimum (just salt and pepper) so that the original flavour of the beef doesn’t get overpowered. Note that seasoning your steak with salt before cooking doesn’t draw out the moisture from it.
Sear evenly: The goal is to sear your steak until you get a caramelised brown crust. To do that, first make sure the pan and the fat are properly hot.
To get an even crust on both sides, turn it over every minute or so.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 12:33 PM by scarface »