• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on June 29, 2020, 02:24 PM
Let's imagine that we can get the palace we want in Miami: Many users of the forum, like I, humbert, Maher, Christopher, Vasudev, aa1234779, shadow.97, topdog are gathering at home for a feast and looking for the perfect barbecue.

Couldn't you have picked another place? Miami's a terrible place. It's crowded, people are rude, traffic is heavy, it's expensive, etc. Let me ask this: are you looking for a place with a warm beach or what? There are an infinity of better places.

I don't know of any place in Miami where you could put a barbeque, unless you own a house with a sufficiently large back yard.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on July 08, 2020, 05:58 AM
Couldn't you have picked another place? Miami's a terrible place. It's crowded, people are rude, traffic is heavy, it's expensive, etc. Let me ask this: are you looking for a place with a warm beach or what? There are an infinity of better places.

I don't know of any place in Miami where you could put a barbeque, unless you own a house with a sufficiently large back yard.
If you don't mind, I'm going to answer this question too, which is practically the same one. https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg35622#msg35622
And if you don't mind I will delete my message and your message in the said topic.

Well, I think your answer is exceptional, because it could really depict any big town in general. For these reasons, I would not want to live in Paris any longer. I think I should have stayed in Saint Etienne to be honest, where rents are significantly lower. I'm currently in Sceaux (pronouce "Saw") and I have a balcony to put a barbecue. In big towns, it's difficult to find flats with big balconies. And when I go to Paris, I don't need any "hostal".
Maybe the photo of Place Vendôme reminded you of the Ritz. Unfortunately, their premises don't meet my standards and I won't go there. For example, there is no balcony overlooking Place Vendôme to cook some sausages. Finally, if you are not a king like these visitors, you will get a chilly reception: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_pahP8QO5c

humbert

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. When you talk about deleting messages, do you mean transferring the content to another message or topic, of something else? If this is what you mean then I have no objection, it helps keep everything orderly.

I found Sceaux on Google maps. I guess anything beats living in a big city such as Paris, or any other. If things were OK for you in Saint Etienne, why did you leave? BTW, Google says it 12° over there. How nice! Here daytime temps approach 40° and a few degrees higher next week. I hate this heat! My electric bill is already over $200 and higher next month.

I'm thinking that in your Barbeque scenario, you mean a small open place where you can put and deploy the BBQ and all of us would be inside. I was imagining something different. I believe it would be a much larger outdoor place where you can easily put a barbeque and the rest of us would be chatting under trees, or [for example] maybe some of us could play football or another sport.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on July 11, 2020, 06:15 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. When you talk about deleting messages, do you mean transferring the content to another message or topic, of something else? If this is what you mean then I have no objection, it helps keep everything orderly.
I have a tendancy to delete useless messages, and I remember usmangujjar and iih don't like this. But do you want this forum to be like Noteboreview forum? With hundreds of thousand of useless messages? I have an account over there and I know that Vasudev hangs out there, but I'm only posting messages here.

Quote from: humbert on July 11, 2020, 06:15 AM
I found Sceaux on Google maps. I guess anything beats living in a big city such as Paris, or any other. If things were OK for you in Saint Etienne, why did you leave? BTW, Google says it 12° over there. How nice! Here daytime temps approach 40° and a few degrees higher next week. I hate this heat! My electric bill is already over $200 and higher next month.

I'm thinking that in your Barbeque scenario, you mean a small open place where you can put and deploy the BBQ and all of us would be inside. I was imagining something different. I believe it would be a much larger outdoor place where you can easily put a barbeque and the rest of us would be chatting under trees, or [for example] maybe some of us could play football or another sport.
I will answer these questions tomorrow.
Note that I will present another recipe with another excellent meat.

scarface

Today, I'm going to present another kind of food.
Try to analyze the photo below. I'm sure that some users of the forum know what it is.

Those are walnuts. It's likely that few users are eating walnuts, and instead of a mcdonald I advise you to add them to you menu because it's good for the health.

The nut is the fruit of the walnut tree, of rounded or ovoid shape, with a hard wrinkled shell of a reddish-brown colour. The edible part inside has a particular sweet taste.
They grow in a hard shell, that, when opened, reveals the walnut. This is then split in two, which is why you most commonly see them as flat segments. Walnuts are usually eaten raw or roasted.

It is used as an ingredient in many dishes, sauces and ice creams. Apart from being one of the most appreciated dry fruits thanks to its pleasant taste, it is also one of the richest in oil content, reason why they are used to obtain this substance.
Walnuts have many health benefits, since they contain important phytochemicals, as well as high amounts of polyunsaturated fats that offer potential benefits for both brain health and function. Omega-3 fatty acids play a part by helping reduce oxidative stress in the brain, but also by helping to improve brain signalling and neurogenesis, which is the creation of neurons.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe. Look carefully at the photos below.
What you see is a gastronomic experience with a French speciality, most particularly the "viande limousine" (beef).
You can see some green beans, in their shallot sauce and an excellent Crozes-Hermitage too.
If you are wondering where the cow comes from, the name Limousine indicates its origin: Limousin is a former administrative region of southwest-central France. On 1 January 2016, it became part of the new administrative region of Nouvelle-Aquitaine. It comprised three departments: Corrèze, Creuse, and Haute-Vienne.

I'm going to tell Maher, aa1234779, usman shadow.97...how to obtain a good sirloin. The secret relies in mastering the cooking of the meat.
First and foremost, allow your steak to thaw to room temperature about an hour prior to cooking. Grilling it when it is cold prevents the heat from reaching the middle effectively.
Make sure that your pan or skillet is very hot before you begin as this helps to caramelise the meat while keeping the crust crisp.
Then, choose a cast iron skillet: as it can get really hot and retain the heat well â€" ideal for attaining the charred smoky exterior.
Maybe you prefer to keep seasoning to a minimum (just salt and pepper) so that the original flavour of the beef doesn’t get overpowered. Note that seasoning your steak with salt before cooking doesn’t draw out the moisture from it.
Sear evenly: The goal is to sear your steak until you get a caramelised brown crust. To do that, first make sure the pan and the fat are properly hot.
To get an even crust on both sides, turn it over every minute or so.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.

Look at the photo below.
You can see some rice with turmeric, some spinach, and a nice claret. What about the meat? Maybe you have never such a big sausage and you must be wondering if it is a saucisson.
Actually, This is not a saucisson but half a Morteau sausage, a traditional smoked sausage from the Franche-Comté region. It takes its name from the city of Morteau in the Doubs department. It is smoked in traditional pyramidal chimneys, called "tuyés".

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on September 23, 2020, 10:38 PM
Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.

Look at the photo below.
You can see some rice with turmeric, some spinach, and a nice claret. What about the meat? Maybe you have never such a big sausage and you must be wondering if it is a saucisson.
Actually, This is not a saucisson but half a Morteau sausage, a traditional smoked sausage from the Franche-Comté region. It takes its name from the city of Morteau in the Doubs department. It is smoked in traditional pyramidal chimneys, called "tuyés".

This looks very good, I love spinach. But would probably skip the sausage.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on September 14, 2020, 08:18 PM
First and foremost, allow your steak to thaw to room temperature about an hour prior to cooking. Grilling it when it is cold prevents the heat from reaching the middle effectively.

I recommend you all to do this when you boil eggs as well. Or 10~15min in luke warm water.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 12, 2020, 02:29 PM
I recommend you all to do this when you boil eggs as well. Or 10~15min in luke warm water.

I'm curious. You live alone in a rented apartment in Dublin, right? If so, do you cook your own food or just buy stuff you can quickly microwave -- or both?