• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on October 13, 2020, 05:38 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 12, 2020, 02:29 PM
I recommend you all to do this when you boil eggs as well. Or 10~15min in luke warm water.

I'm curious. You live alone in a rented apartment in Dublin, right? If so, do you cook your own food or just buy stuff you can quickly microwave -- or both?

I live in a shared house.
It is wayy too expensive for an own appartment in Dublin.
Acceptable 1 room'ers start at â,¬1400.
I pay 650 for 1 room in a shared house of 3 people. The other two are a married couple.  This place has a much higher standard than what you'd get for a 1 bedroom â,¬1400 place.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 14, 2020, 04:03 AM
I live in a shared house.
It is wayy too expensive for an own appartment in Dublin.
Acceptable 1 room'ers start at â,¬1400.

Unbelievable! Here you could rent a whole house for that price. There must not be many apartments available for rent. If there were then market economics would stablize the price.

Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 14, 2020, 04:03 AM
I pay 650 for 1 room in a shared house of 3 people. The other two are a married couple.  This place has a much higher standard than what you'd get for a 1 bedroom â,¬1400 place.

Do they provide a WiFi internet connection as part of the deal, or do you have to buy that separately?

What about meals? Does everyone use the kitchen separately to prepare food?

And (pardon the question but I'm curious), if you found a sexy babe and wanted to do the deed, could you do it there or would you have to either use her place or rent out a motel room? The question is mostly because, as far as I know, Ireland is a brutally Catholic country where this frowned upon. True?

The married couple - are they Irish?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on October 15, 2020, 05:58 AM
The married couple - are they Irish?
Yes

Ireland is a brutally Catholic country where this frowned upon. True?
I havn't seen a single hint of religion in this house

What about meals? Does everyone use the kitchen separately to prepare food?
kind of, sometimes we share spaces. I usually dont need much space in the kitchen. The lady in the house cooks for her husband, the only time that is really hard to cook is sunday. Because they do big sunday roasts that cover the entire stove top.
I usually just make some rice or boil a few eggs or something.
We also don't have the same food-pattern, they eat later than I do.

And (pardon the question but I'm curious), if you found a sexy babe and wanted to do the deed, could you do it there or would you have to either use her place or rent out a motel room? The question is mostly because, as far as I know, Ireland is a brutally Catholic country where this frowned upon. True?
We could probably do the deed in my room, but I'd likely move in with someone before I had sex with someone. Unless it's at their place. I don't feel like hosting One nighters.
Irish people are in my experience not very attractive in the way they act, dress, talk, or look.
About Ireland being brutally catholic. It is true, but at the same time, they're still civilized about it in general. The amount of religious people here decreased drastically after all the sex scandals surrounding the church. Here, have a wikipedia article about it :P https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases_in_Ireland

Do they provide a WiFi internet connection as part of the deal, or do you have to buy that separately?
They provide a port on the router, and wifi password. I wish I could have my own, that way I could have faster speeds. I've been pestering them about increasing the speed from 80/20. They download a whole lot of stuff, so they eat up all the speed and make the net unusable some evenings.
I ended up buying a new simcard for my phone, so i could share that while they hog the network.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 17, 2020, 07:14 AM
We could probably do the deed in my room, but I'd likely move in with someone before I had sex with someone. Unless it's at their place. I don't feel like hosting One nighters.

Thanks for the reply. My question was so much about your personal preferences. It was about whether or not you (or anyone) would be allowed to bring someone into your room. I'm thinking when you rented the place, they might have warned you not to do that. Apparently not.

Irish people are in my experience not very attractive in the way they act, dress, talk, or look.
About Ireland being brutally catholic. It is true, but at the same time, they're still civilized about it in general. The amount of religious people here decreased drastically after all the sex scandals surrounding the church. Here, have a wikipedia article about it :P https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases_in_Ireland

Thanks for the article. Quite a bit of the information I had was outdated - the church no longer has the stranglehold it used to have. And, as you imply, if there is mutual respect then nothing else matters.

Curious about something else. Language. Do they speak mostly Gaelic or English? Have you had a language problem assuming you don't speak Gaelic?

They provide a port on the router, and wifi password. I wish I could have my own, that way I could have faster speeds. I've been pestering them about increasing the speed from 80/20. They download a whole lot of stuff, so they eat up all the speed and make the net unusable some evenings.I ended up buying a new simcard for my phone, so i could share that while they hog the network.

There's something I don't understand. First, when you say 80/20 I'm assuming you mean 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up. The Netflix app on my Samsung TV can tell you the bitrate. 4K/HDR (2160p) does about 15Mbps, regular HD (1080p) is about 5.5Mbps. According to this, if all 3 tenants were streaming 4K at the same time, you're talking slightly over half the bandwidth they provide, all else being equal. Could it be they're using an old router that doesn't even support Wifi5 (802.11ac)? I'm missing something here.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present a new recipe on the forum.
Look at the photos below.

Maybe you are looking at the photos right now. I imagine shadow.97 and aa1234779 peering down at this dish and trying to identify every ingredient.
What kind of meat it is? Is it a French saucisson or a white boudin?
What about the vegetables? No doubt you won't find that at mcdonald's.
Actually, this a sausage of Toulouse, made of pure pork. As for the peas, those are lentils, an edible legume.
As for the wine, it comes from Spain. Sangre de Toro means the "blood of the bull". This name is inspired by Bacchus, the Roman god of wine, known in ancient times as "Son of the bull". This is a wine that enjoys international recognition made from local varieties. It is perfect with stews, game, meat paellas and traditional mountain cuisine.

scarface

Tonight, I'm presenting another recipe.
Look at the photo below. I guess you must be trying to identify the various ingredients of this dish.

It's pretty easy to identify the green vegetables. Those are spinach.

What about the black sausage? In all likelihood, some of you have never seen such a sausage.
In the United States, it's very rare to find this kind of sausage in supermarkets. In the Arabian peninsula, it's practically non-existent for some reasons. But you can find this sausage in the form of big pudding in Sweden. Swedes are rather greedy indeed.
In France, this sausage is called "boudin" and you can translate this as "blood sausage". This sausage is made from pork blood indeed. I imagine that some of you find this disgusting.
At least, the "black boudin" is pretty cheap, and it's precooked, so you don't need hours of preparation.

Maybe you have noticed the little fruit too, called kiwi.

humbert

Do you cook all this food yourself? Does it take long to do that?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on November 01, 2020, 03:30 AM
Do you cook all this food yourself? Does it take long to do that?
No I didn't. As far as the boudin is concerned, I enjoyed it after 3-4 minutes of warming-up in a frying-pan...
But you are right if you think: During this complicated period you may learn how to cook again (As the French government took the extraordinary step of another partial lockdown, it's important to eat good things).
Usually, people think of having pasta, rice and wheat but they are not varied ingredients. For that I recommend buying canned vegetables such as green beans, peas and carrots.
In winter, Soups are a necessary supply of vegetables too. I don't know if humbert, Maher and shadow.97 like tasty vegetable soups. But if you are like jackouille in the movie les visiteurs, there is no doubt about it.
"The good souplette" scene is available here at 43.10 : https://ok.ru/video/1645417925272

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present another recipe.
Maybe you are wondering what kind of dish you can get for 1â,¬?
I know that humbert has been to the number 140 of the champs Elysées. At the mcdonald's, you need at least 2â,¬ for the burger and 1.90â,¬ for the small fries (see below)
At the number 99 of the Champs Elysées, on the other side of the avenue, it's even more expensive at the Fouquet's, a famous restaurant.

Here is what you can find for 1â,¬: some small carrots (the word is practically the same in French: carotte), some noodles, and a glass of soda (the latter is not essential).
I hope it will give you some recipe ideas.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on November 02, 2020, 09:20 PM
I know that humbert has been to the number 140 of the champs Elysées. At the mcdonald's, you need at least 2â,¬ for the burger and 1.90â,¬ for the small fries (see below)

I'm not really a fan of fast food. I only ate there because we were hungry and were looking for a quick meal. In all honestly I think that was the last time I ate something at McDonalds. I wouldn't even know where to begin to compare prices for for the items you mentioned. Maybe it's higher or lower in different markets.