• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Today, I'm going to present another recipe.
Look at the photos below and try to identify the various ingredients.

shadow.97, humbert and aa1234779 must be amazed at the size of the piece of meat.
Here a ham hock is the guest at the table. It is commonly known as "jarret de porc" in French. You can also see some fresh beans.

Let's drop the green beans into salted boiling water, and cook them until tender-crisp.

Here you can see that the jarret is being boilt. To finish cooking the beans, let's heat butter (olive oil is better) in a skillet over medium heat and stir the green beans to sauté them.

Then let's fry the shallots in a small amount of oil or butter. This dish seems excellent.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to show you another recipe.
Look at the photo below.

You can clearly see a vegetable salad. As for the sausage, you have probably recognized a black boudin.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on February 24, 2021, 10:57 PM
Tonight, I'm going to show you another recipe.
Look at the photo below.

You can clearly see a vegetable salad. As for the sausage, you have probably recognized a black boudin.
This looks really good. :D

Tonight I'm having eggs and pasta.

When you make food, do you plan ahead, before going to the store?

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 24, 2021, 11:57 PM

Well, sometimes I plan to do something special. Maybe you remember the photos of the squid here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg30177#msg30177
I went to the supermarket to buy them. But most of the time I don't. I bought this vegetable salad this morning and I had one boudin left in the freezer...But I now think that the boudin doesn't match the rest of the dish, a sirloin steak would have been better.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2021, 12:52 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 24, 2021, 11:57 PM

Well, sometimes I plan to do something special. Maybe you remember the photos of the squid here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg30177#msg30177
I went to the supermarket to buy them. But most of the time I don't. I bought this vegetable salad this morning and I had one boudin left in the freezer...But I now think that the boudin doesn't match the rest of the dish, a sirloin steak would have been better.
Sirloin steak is too fancy for me :)
Tonights breakfast was *drumroll*... Milk and cereal.
Night time dinner: Bread with cheese and ham.
"normal" breakfast(Morning food): undecided. Likely some noodels or something.

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 26, 2021, 07:22 AM
Sirloin steak is too fancy for me :)
Tonights breakfast was *drumroll*... Milk and cereal.
Night time dinner: Bread with cheese and ham.
"normal" breakfast(Morning food): undecided. Likely some noodels or something.
Milk and cereal for dinner? That's original.
Cheese and ham are good for me. If we meet one day, you will not be able to avoid the saucisson since it seems you are eating pork meat.

scarface

Look at the photo below. I guess that humbert and aa1234779 must be flabbergasted, they have certainly never seen anything like this.
It is a popular dish in France. You can see some bred, a piece of saucisson and some slices of saucisson on the right.
You can also see a glass of claret. The norm is to enjoy a glass of wine or two along with your dinner.

scarface

Today, I'm going to show you another recipe.
It is called petit salé aux lentilles in French (salt pork with lentils).
A glass of Crozes Hermitage brilliantly pairs with this dish.

scarface

Today, I'm going to present another cheese. Look at the photo below.
Vasudev and humbert have certainly never seen this. What is this small round, wrinkly cheese dusted with a coating of white yeast ?
This cheese is called St Marcellin.

scarface

Today, I'm going to present another recipe.
Look at the photo below.
Vasudev and humbert have certainly never seen anything like this. This dish is called "cassoulet".