• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 22, 2021, 02:57 PM
Today, I'm going to present another recipe.

How do you find the time to cook these meals? I assume it can't be done in just a few minutes.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 24, 2021, 04:39 AM
How do you find the time to cook these meals? I assume it can't be done in just a few minutes.
That's right. But since I'm 100% teleworking, I have more time to cook and present some recipes on the forum.

Now look at this photo below.

It's probably the most exquisite blue cheese you could find. Maybe shadow.97 or Vasudev know what it is: it is called Roquefort.
Roquefort is a soft, crumbly cheese with a sharp, tangy taste. It can only be made in caves in the south of France, where it undergoes a lengthy aging process. It’s also made from unpasteurized sheep’s milk.
humbert has certainly never seen this in Texas since it is not legal in America (because it's made of unpasteurized sheep’s milk). Likewise, Camembert, Crottin and Bleu are banned in the US.

scarface

Look at the photo below.
This is certainly an everyday recipe for Vasudev, humbert and shadow.97.
It looks like a soup because there might be too much sauce, but it is actually a couscous.
Couscous is an icon food in northern Africa for dietary and cultural reasons.

scarface

Look at the photo below.
You can see a small wheel of a smelly French cheese. This cheese is called Camembert.
The fresh Camembert cheese is bland, hard and crumbly in texture. As the cheese matures it forms a smooth, runny interior and a white bloomy rind that is typical to Camenbert cheese.

scarface

Look at the photo below. I'm going to talk about a new recipe.
shadow.97, Vasudev and aa1234779 have certainly never seen anything like this.

What you see is a Coq au vin or "rooster with wine". This is a French dish of chicken braised with wine, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and optionally garlic. In this case, it is a flashy and elegant red Corbières wine that was chosen.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to show you another recipe.
I've been ill all day long with a stomachache. I didn't eat anything since Monday.
I know it's not reasonable but I prepared a "blanquette de veau".
Maher, humbert and aa1234779 have certainly never seen this.

Here you can see the veal stew with potatoes, carrots and crème fraîche.

scarface

Today, I'm going to show you a healthy meal.
Look at the photo below.

Here you can see some fish fillets packed with nutrients that can be beneficial in the prevention of a number of health conditions. Those fish are called sardines after Sardinia, an island of Italy, because of the abundance that could be found there. You can also see some carrots and a kiwi.

scarface

Look at the photo below.
What kind of sausage is it? I'm going to let the users of the forum analyze this photo.

I'm going to reveal what kind of sausage it is: this is a Spanish Fuet.
Fuet is a Catalan thin, dry-cured sausage made with pork and stuffed in hog casings. The seasonings are very simple â€" salt, white wine, white pepper and fresh garlic.
The cure is carried out, by the fermentation produced by bacteria that are part of its preparation, which provide the Fuet with greater and better conservation, reinforced by the drying to which the pieces are subjected.
Finally the pieces are covered with spores of a fungus that will contribute to its conservation by preventing other fungi from reproducing that could damage the product and this coating is what gives it that whitish and floury appearance.

I found this Spanish Fuet in a small supermarket. There was a bull statue in the supermarket and I thought I would find some bull meat. Instead, they were promoting Spanish products like the Fuet.

scarface

Today, I'm going to show you another recipe.
Here you can see basmati Rice with mussels.

scarface

Today, you can see a recipe with some local products. I already showed you something similar in the previous message.
As you can see, there is no junk food in here.

Most of the mussels we eat these days are cultivated on ropes suspended from floating rafts in clean waters. This is the case for those mussels.
They plump up naturally on plankton, converting it into nutritious meaty flesh. Farmed mussels are environmentally benign, and some research suggests their cultivation may have an overall beneficial effect on the marine ecosystem. On the plate, mussels are super-satisfying, and can always be relied on to bring full-bodied flavour to the table.

Some users of the forum have certainly never eaten mussels. They probably prefer a mcdonald or a pizza.
You have to know that mussels have the most impressive nutritional profile of all shellfish. They contain high levels of highly desirable long chain fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These fats have many beneficial effects, including improving brain function and reducing inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis. Mussels are also a brilliant source of vitamins.