Author Topic: Financial news and stock markets.  (Read 76798 times)

November 05, 2020, 02:44 AM
Reply #360
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm going to give you a quick insight into the stock markets.

The cac 40 is up 1% this morning.
Société Générale announced strong results. the stock is up 5%. Note that I advise you to reduce your position after the recent rally of the stock, even if it can go much higher. This is what I did (I sold 1000 stocks this morning, and I made a significant capital gain, but I keep cash if it goes down and if it goes above 15€ I will keep selling).

The Dow Jones futures were down 300 points yesterday morning. I took this opportunity to sell some shorts positions bought the day before. It was a good hunch.
Finally, The Dow Jones gained 370 points or 1.34% yesterday. and the Dow Jones futures are still up 200 points today. There is euphoria because the dictatorship of Trump will be over soon (or not, since Trump vowed to take election fight to the US Supreme Court).
I think all this is a bit artificial and I don't think that the equity markets measure the consequences of the election of Biden yet. Compared to Trump, he's a communist, and he will impose more regulations. That's why I think it's wise to reduce your equity positions now.

Note that I found something in my pocket. If Maher or humbert need a donation, they can contact me. I know it won't be enough to buy a flat in Miami, but with several banknotes like this one, one can buy a computer.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 02:53 AM by scarface »

November 12, 2020, 12:37 PM
Reply #361
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the markets.

It seems there is a correction on the Dow Jones tonight, after the "Covid vaccine rally".
I think there is a significant downside potentiel on these levels, it might still be time to take profits.
I sold some stocks a bit too early on Tuesday and decided to buy some short positions on the s&p 500.