• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

The position has just been sold with gains. The market has moved down due to discrepancies between Hollande and Merkel.

scarface

On 7 may, I was talking about the Chinese stock exchange, warning that a bubble might explode.
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg17263#msg17263
The Shanghai stock exchange broke through the 5000 mark since, but in less than a month it lost more than 20% and came back below 4000 points.

The situation in Greece and the slowdown in China can also explain this situation.

scarface

As expected in the previous messages, the Chinese bubble keep exploding.
The SSE is currently losing 5%...why not a return on 3000 points?

scarface

Today, a crash is expected on the stock markets...

The Shanghai Stock exchange lost 8.45%.

And the futures for Europe and Wall Street are extremely negative.

Are we already on the brink of war?
it's possible.

Macedonia is being invaded by migrants and the police is using tear gas, to no avail.

And in Germany some riots broke out with people protesting against the opening of a center for refugees in Heidenau.

In the meantime, Is militants blew up the Baal Shamin temple in Palmyra.

scarface

Yesteday, there has been a rebound on the stock markets, but they are declining again today. the cac 40 is currently losing 2.22%, the dax 2.17% and the index of Stockholm 1.86%.

On the forum, we have not spotted fuj and iih for a long time now. Perhaps they are back to school, who knows.

I have to go out now. Maybe I will take some photos.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to give you a quick insight of the stock markets.

I advised you to stay out of the stock markets, and I did not imagine that the last few weeks would be so difficult. Recently, the Greece stock markets closed and a few weeks later, in mid August, the markets literally collapsed. The cac 40, the Dax and Stockholm lost 13% in one months, the Shanghai stock Exchange 15%, and the Tadawul of Saudi Arabia 16%. Wall Street only lost 8%.
Certainly, it has been a time of turbulence in financial markets.

Lately I sold my small positions on Theolia, with a small gain. I talked about it recently. I only have some Diaxonhit now, but its stock price plummeted.

And in the next few weeks, perhaps it's going to go up, but I'm not very optimistic. The dow jones is still high, and if it was to go to 13000, the downside potential for the other markets would still be significant.

What's more, the fall in the commodity price does not bode well for growth and it's symptomatic of an economic downturn. But this is good news for the people who have to drive.

Here, I'm showing you the evolution of the stock price of Vallourec, the world leader in the manufacture of seamless steel tubing, notably useful for the oil sector. Its price literally plummeted, since it has been divided by 3 in one year. It's due to the fall in oil prices. The firm announced some losses recently, while publishing its half-yearly results.

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.
After the big rebound of 5% the SSE, the European markets are green (except the Dax). The Dow jones is close to balance.
The cac 40 is up 1.2%.
I told you to stay away from the stock RWE. It lost 30% ever since. And considering that the firm is going to need further impairment provisions, it's still not advisable to buy it.

humbert

According to Goldman Sachs, it's possible the price of crude oil could drop to as low as $20 a barrel. Basically there's too much supply and not enough demand. China is in the middle of a slowdown. The USA is extracting more oil though phracking, and of course there are oil exporting countries who simply cannot afford to cut production. It has gotten so bad that today the price of a liter of gasoline here was 53¢. It's even less expensive than E85 (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline) which sold for 55¢ despite tax breaks and subsidies. For more details check this link.

scarface

In the US, gasoline is cheap because there is practically no taxes. In Paris, the cheapest station displays 1.35 euros...
Well, nobody seems worried about the US debt though, you can keep paying peanuts for the gasoline. Last year, the US deficit was 800 billion vs 80 billion for France, Germany had a surplus of 18 billion (and we are usually singled out by Merkel, so the US being 5 times more populated than France, it stands out as the worst of the lot).

A article of a man who is predicting a big correction on the markets for October... http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/07/governments-worldwide-will-crash-the-first-week-of-october-according-to-2-financial-forecasters.html
So if you have stocks, and if you have not sold before the correction that I had predicted (The main markets have had difficult times lately, like the Dow jones, the SSE, the Mumbay Sensex, the Dax, the Cac40...) then Be alert for signs that may indicate a further downfall of the stock markets (for example a dove on the roof, a barking dog...) 
Personally, I made a mistake since I bought some diaxonhit in mid-August. I reinforced my position on Friday. By the way, The cac40 lost 2,3% and the dax 3% after a small rebound in the preceding days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7lX0lR2dgI

humbert

There are gasoline taxes in this country, just not as notoriously high as in Europe. The states of New York and California are probably the worst offenders. Regular gas in those states has gone as high as $1.30 per liter. I should also emphasize that the low price of gasoline is a temporary situation caused by the steep drop in crude oil. How long it will last is anybody's guess.

If this country adopted a more ethanol-friendly policy, passing anti-pollution tests would be a lot easier. Sadly the oil monopoly will use all its money and power to prevent that from happening.