• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Note that the Dow Jones futures are indicating a probable decline in the market tomorrow.

scarface

As forecasted, the Dow Jones is losing 440 points this Afternoon.
I think the correction could continue, with a first target at 22500 points.

Note that Macron is going to speak tonight, at 7 pm GMT. France is to extend lockdown again beyond 15 April.
link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tEBQhwCvY4
The confinement will last till 11 May apparently.

scarface

Note that the Wall Street futures are negative. On the short term, I see some bearishness indeed.

scarface

A few years ago, between 2014 and 2016, I bought approximately 100 gold coins, some Napoleon 20 francs, at an average price of 220e. Today, these gold coins are worth 330e per coin.
I also bought some American eagle 20$ at 1280e per coin. They are now worth 1850e.
I told some people I was buying gold but those people were generally mocking me. And yet this is probably one of the best investments I have ever made. At this time gold was not going up, and I was wondering if I wasn't making a mistake. I should have bought much more gold actually.
Now I'd like to ask humbert or Vasudev if they would sell it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFTAawLH2ps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5d3eR6fL_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gzx5GA3sgU

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on April 24, 2020, 10:37 PM
A few years ago, between 2014 and 2016, I bought approximately 100 gold coins, some Napoleon 20 francs, at an average price of 220e. Today, these gold coins are worth 330e per coin.
I also bought some American eagle 20$ at 1280e per coin. They are now worth 1850e.
I told some people I was buying gold but those people were generally mocking me. And yet this is probably one of the best investments I have ever made. At this time gold was not going up, and I was wondering if I wasn't making a mistake. I should have bought much more gold actually.
Now I'd like to ask humbert or Vasudev if they would sell it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFTAawLH2ps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5d3eR6fL_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gzx5GA3sgU

I'm actually quite interesting in your long-term trading. I've long been able to flip things for short periods of time for quite some good profit. Especially computer parts and items in games like Counterstrike, which represent real life money, and can even though against the rules be traded for real money. As you just list the item as a gift and send the other person gift money.

It's not at all as much profit, and quite stressful at times if you see an item drop in price due to a patch.

This last CS update, my skins have risen in around 100â,¬ in price, just because I had items that were seen as bad before the patch, but in this patch they're seen as good or decent items. which means that more people buy the m as they gain popularity.

The first time I accidentally flipped items was in Runescape, an MMO where you buy and sell items.
I was anxious if I should buy some high level armor which was worth my entire cashstack. So I put in an offer for roughly 15m coins ingame, and the item was normally going for 19m.
The item bought when I was doing other things, and because I still hadnt decided if it was a good idea for me to use all my money for the item, I put the item up for 21m coins. Then I went to sleep. The next day when I woke up I had made 6 coins million ingame. Which at that time was a lot for someone like me. A good moneymaking method ranges from 400~700k coins per hour of grinding. And doing flipping was a really good method. I had always heard how people did it and made such profits, but they just made it sound so complicated. But in reality it's really simple.
You make profit by getting a good deal on the item, and then selling it at normal or overprice(if lucky).

Since then I started with a self-competition. A bank-standing account, that only flipped items and picked up free items that people dropped on the floor. In around 1 real life month, I got enough from 1 cold coin, to buy a bond for 5million coins. A bond is an item that allows you to access paid to play content. This account was a limited free to play account that only had access to certain items, and had very restricted limits on what it could and could not buy. Finding items that were not restricted was a challenge at first.

I must say; a bit off topic. But Runescape is the game that has taught me the very most of all games I've ever played. It's been a great tool for me to learn English words and be able to understand how some objects and items in real life are produced and what they contain. And how some economics work; you can follow trends of items and how supply and demand works you can really profit a lot. Just like in real life.
Right now PC components are going up in price, and you can make great deals buying peoples things if they havnt realized that the prices have gone up. And then sell it more expensive due to the times we are in.
You have to act fast though as often others will realize that it's a good deal and buy it instantly.

scarface

Well, shadow97, I do not know how to say this. Your answer is probably interesting. And it is kind of you to answer. But I don't understand anything about your games. I'm nearly 40, I m not 12 years old.
No matter what you would answer or not though, I already know if I'm going to sell my gold coins or not. They are still in a bank vault located nearby...the bataclan in Paris.

Note that I caught a disease lately. It is not the coronavirus, it is a mycosis. My tongue just became black. I'm being treated for this.

scarface

Maybe Ive been a bit tough with shadow.97, even if I don't understand the counterstrike stuff. I was judging something I don't know. After all, maybe Vasudev or panzer24 have counterstrike tokens and they could be interested in his/her message. Therefore I will delete my message later.
As far as gold is concerned, I think I'm going to sell my coins because I think there could be a correction next summer, after the rally that began in April 2019. However, on the long term, gold might still be a good investment.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on April 26, 2020, 01:35 PM
Maybe Ive been a bit tough with shadow.97, even if I don't understand the counterstrike stuff. I was judging something I don't know. After all, maybe Vasudev or panzer24 have counterstrike tokens and they could be interested in his/her message. Therefore I will delete my message later.
As far as gold is concerned, I think I'm going to sell my coins because I think there could be a correction next summer, after the rally that began in April 2019. However, on the long term, gold might still be a good investment.

No need at all to delete the messages :) I'm not upset at all about them, if anything it really just shows that we all share this earth but we all got a different understanding of the same things. Or something amongst those lines  ::)

scarface

Note that the cac 40 is crumbling today. I'm currently bearish on the sp 500, with a first target at 2840 points. I'm still bearish on the Euro vs the Dollar.

scarface

Note that the Wall Street futures are now down 240 points.

I think that the sp 500 could go back to 2800 points on the short term as forecasted in the previous message.
I advise you to take some positions on the dsp5, an inverse ETF tracker, like me, if you can buy some European trackers.
Note that I reinforced my position on Societe Generale today, despite the fact that the bank announced big losses.