• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Nero Burning Rom 2015 Installation problem

Started by Kjhoh, November 19, 2015, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Yoda on November 21, 2015, 03:12 AM
You can't keep your old movies collection (hundreds of them) or all your favorite series (thousands of episodes) or all your of mp3 songs to flash drives...
You need to reserve a million flash drives for ever to do this...
DVDs and Blurays are the only cheap media to keep this staff archived...

I don't know what part of the world you live in, but according to Amazon here in America these are the prices:

100 Pack of DVD's               --  about $21.50
128 GB Flashdrive               --  about $25.00  (storage capacity of about 27.3 DVD's)
1 TB USB Portable Drive      --  about $50.00  (storage capacity of about 213 DVD's)

Add to this the inconvenience of having 100's of disks taking up space, getting lost or getting scratched. Also, keep in mind the DVD price I posted is for non-rewritable DVD-R's. Once written to they can't be modified. Flashdrives and portable drives don't have this problem.

Bottom line: Burning DVD's is ancient technology rapidly headed for extinction.

Yoda

No... you misunderstood me... I m not doing that for money.
I had a 3TB full of TV series but the disk crashed and I lost all of them. From that moment I m only burning movies I want to archive (Not view or modify) to DVDs.

Regarding the prices in Greece (shop prices) both HDDs and DVDs are cheap enough:
e.g.: 100 Branded DVDs (Money back guarantee) 18â,¬, 100 Unbranded DVDs (Bulk) 12â,¬
May The Force Be With You ...

josephfranklin166

Check in add/remove programs if Nero Burning ROM 2015 has an entry. If yes, then uninstall it. There are two different installer technologies out in the field.