• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on September 11, 2020, 03:21 AM
Currently, I can't connect to the hotpost I was using and then I can't provide the users with a new version of windows 10 yet.
Maybe I'm going to go to Orange on the Champs-Élysées tomorrow to know if I can upgrade my phone package (I only have 10Gb per month).
Note that the next version of windows 10 will include the latest adobe flash plugin, the new visual c++ redist of Aboddi1406. I think that mkvtoolnix could be included by default too.

Have you looked into smaller providers in france?
I found out about 48.ie They offer 100gb data for â,¬8 a month.

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 11, 2020, 05:16 PM
Have you looked into smaller providers in france?
I found out about 48.ie They offer 100gb data for â,¬8 a month.
Well, it seems 48.ie is an Irish provider.
But don't be worried, I just upgraded my package with Orange: 70Gb per month. And it's a non-binding offer since I'm an old customer.
I'm not sure it will be enough though.
Note that I'm currently downloading the latest edition of windows 10. I'm going to try to prepare a new version soon.

Finally, as far as the stock markets are concerned, on 8 September, I was saying "I think a rebound of the stock markets is likely, so that the bulls can leave the market (at least I'm not expecting a big rebound, maybe 2% on the cac 40 before the downturn in financial markets resumes." Well, it seems I was right, the s&p 500 rebounded on 9 september but another downward movement seems to be underway. The s&p 500 is already down 0.8 since the closing of the European markets, at 3320 points. Below 3300 points, a potential target could be 3150 points.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 11, 2020, 05:48 AM
Hey Scarface: How many cell phone providers are available in France? I assume they're all GSM, i.e., the protocol that allows you to simply insert the company's SIM card. How much data do you think you need?

With respect to the car, are you living anywhere near Paris? I'm asking because one thing I liked about Paris is that you don't really need a car, in fact the car is a disturbance. The metro is excellent and it gets you anywhere easily. Sadly here in the USA with the exception of New York, without a car you're dead. You have to buy a car often with money you don't have, then pay fuel, insurance, repairs, license plate etc etc.
I didn't need much data as long as I could connect my computer to a hotspot. since it's not working anymore, I'm using my cellphone as a modem, and you can understand easily that 10Gb per month is not enough. I could subscribe to fiber internet, but since I'm leaving too far from work, I think I'm going to leave.
And you are right, I can use public transport. That's what I already do. But it requires 3 hours round trip, vs 2 hours with a car. Note that I'm not leaving "anywhere near Paris", but in the south of the Hauts-de-Seine, and I have to use the RER B, and then the A, and then either the line 3 or the line 1 of the metro...

scarface

I know that Vasudev is regularly downloading the new versions of Windows 7 in this topic.
Unfortunately, even if I made a new windows 7, I will not upload it this month since I have a data cap (unless the hotspot is working again, which is not the case currently).
I keep it for later.

Note that the next frictional games titled Amnesia Rebirth will be part of a new repack that will probably be released at the end of October.

Vasudev

Yeah was waiting for W7 ISOs. I'm still using 1809 and 1909 as preferred W10 versions for more stability and somewhat less bugs. Even I have a data cap since I use hotspot through cellular.

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on October 04, 2020, 09:55 PM
Yeah was waiting for W7 ISOs. I'm still using 1809 and 1909 as preferred W10 versions for more stability and somewhat less bugs. Even I have a data cap since I use hotspot through cellular.
As for me, I'm still using v1909. But as soon as v2009 is officially released, I will install it. It could be available by the end of the month (I think I uploaded a beta version since there is no official news about it).
Note that this month could be exceptional in terms of new releases since Amnesia Rebirth will be released on 20 October. A new frictional games AIO repack will be made as soon as I get it.
Note that I uploaded Resident Evil 2 months ago and I finally tested it: it's pretty good. There will be no repack for RE3 since it garnered mixed reception from players.
Like Vasudev, I'm still using my samsung s6 as modem, and I have almost reached my data cap. It will be reseted on Sunday. In the meantime, I hope shadow.97, humbert, Vasudev and maybe some users will liven up the forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1gtp5PG2ZQ

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on October 06, 2020, 11:27 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 04, 2020, 09:55 PM
As for me, I'm still using v1909. But as soon as v2009 is officially released, I will install it. It could be available by the end of the month (I think I uploaded a beta version since there is no official news about it).
Note that this month could be exceptional in terms of new releases since Amnesia Rebirth will be released on 20 October. A new frictional games AIO repack will be made as soon as I get it.
Note that I uploaded Resident Evil 2 months ago and I finally tested it: it's pretty good. There will be no repack for RE3 since it garnered mixed reception from players.
Like Vasudev, I'm still using my samsung s6 as modem, and I have almost reached my data cap. It will be reseted on Sunday. In the meantime, I hope shadow.97, humbert, Vasudev and maybe some users will liven up the forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1gtp5PG2ZQ

Same here v2009 should be LTSC branch and is considered super stable but I will install it after few months.

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on October 07, 2020, 06:11 PM
Same here v2009 should be LTSC branch and is considered super stable but I will install it after few months.
I found an article stating that windows 10 20h2 is officially available: https://itigic.com/windows-10-20h2-the-october-2020-update-is-now-official/
So the version on the forum is not a beta version, but the RTM (with an update). I don't know if another version will be released this month then.

humbert

The problem with these Windows releases is that they refuse to install. This happens even on Windows Update. The other day it prompted me to upgrade. I did that. Unfortunately, at the end I saw the all too familiar "we were unable to install the upgrade, restoring previous version." (or whatever). This sort of thing is the norm, not the exception. Clearly these upgrades are very badly written and not properly tested.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on October 10, 2020, 05:16 AM
The problem with these Windows releases is that they refuse to install. This happens even on Windows Update. The other day it prompted me to upgrade. I did that. Unfortunately, at the end I saw the all too familiar "we were unable to install the upgrade, restoring previous version." (or whatever). This sort of thing is the norm, not the exception. Clearly these upgrades are very badly written and not properly tested.
I had the same message. Note that I disabled automatic updates in the new version of windows 10, available in the previous message. You'll have a notification instead to update manually. If you don't download these updates, you won't get this message. It might be a relief for humbert.
I did this because I have a data cap and windows update is downloading tons of data, sometimes to no avail. I heard Vasudev had connection problems too, it might be interesting for him too.
With the new configuration, you can skip the updates:

Note that a repack for the latest nvidia drivers is available too in the previous message.