Author Topic: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase  (Read 128945 times)

October 31, 2020, 08:36 PM
Reply #380
  • Global Moderator
In France it's hard to live with all those bad news. The confinement, and a new knife attack. aa1234779 and Maher must be wondering what's happening. In the Arabica peninsula and in Palestine such things never happen.

As is always the case, the righteous pay the sinner's wages. Last I heard there were close to a billion Muslims. The vast majority do not go around beheading people because they disagree with their views. Fanatics such as these, of ANY religion, are miscreants who should be put to death, the sooner the better.

November 05, 2020, 05:54 AM
Reply #381
In France it's hard to live with all those bad news. The confinement, and a new knife attack. aa1234779 and Maher must be wondering what's happening. In the Arabica peninsula and in Palestine such things never happen.

As is always the case, the righteous pay the sinner's wages. Last I heard there were close to a billion Muslims. The vast majority do not go around beheading people because they disagree with their views. Fanatics such as these, of ANY religion, are miscreants who should be put to death, the sooner the better.

I hope it's not hard to live in France or El Paso or any where else for anyone.
It's not people's views that cause such incidents & violent reactions of a minority of a minority. All practicing Muslims feel insulted when their Prophet is insulted, and it's not guaranteed that to keep everyone "inline" when such insults are considered "opinion" even though the European Court of Human Rights ruled that insulting the Prophet of Islam is against their laws. Many other countries in the West consider it a hate crime. France and Denmark and others have tried this before and it has always been the same result generating more hate. Insisting on this & broadcasting insults of other's beliefs on buildings is very dumb and cause for more division in an already divided society.

Again, most Muslims will not take up violence in their reaction to such childish insults. Yet that cannot be guaranteed from all.
Repeating these insults will give us only the same reactions and more division.
The boycott of French products has been taken up by most Muslims and will cause only loss.
Everyone is losing in this situation.
Sad.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:42 PM by aa1234779 »
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

November 06, 2020, 09:27 PM
Reply #382
  • Global Moderator
Feeling insulted is one thing. It's quite another to behead people and/or carry out heinous acts of violence. All kinds of people feel insulted over all kinds of things. If laws were passed to prevent people from feeling insulted by something, just about everything would be forbidden. You can't prohibit something for no other reason than someone else doesn't like it.

Believe me -- once censorship starts, there is no end.

November 07, 2020, 03:04 AM
Reply #383
Feeling insulted is one thing. It's quite another to behead people and/or carry out heinous acts of violence.

As I said, drawing the Prophet Muhammad is an insult to all practicing Muslims, and if violence happens because of childish disrespect to other's beliefs, it is because a minority of the Muslim minority in Europe could not stand such speech, not Muslims or Islam is to blame, as it is not the course of action the majority of Muslims would do.

All kinds of people feel insulted over all kinds of things. If laws were passed to prevent people from feeling insulted by something, just about everything would be forbidden. You can't prohibit something for no other reason than someone else doesn't like it.

Believe me -- once censorship starts, there is no end.

Yes people get insulted over many things, but when insults to religious figures generates the same result every time from a small minority that takes up violence, I suppose respect should be considered to be legislated, or else this depressing situation goes with hate and violence by/against Muslims continues.

As for free speech, I'm all for it as a Muslim libertarian, yet I'm also for respect. Free speech is never absolute even in US, Canada and EU. There are defamation & liable laws, and others against inciting violence, which is something similar to insulting God and his Prophet's, because it's always the same depressing results..

This situation reminds me of Larry King's interview with Seth McFarlane when he was asked about South Park's silly depiction of the Prophet Muhammad..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SAl0NVEHQ

BTW, I'm a fan of Family Guy, it's a favorite cartoon, yet I always skip insults of God, Moses and Jesus who they make a lot of fun of.

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)

November 08, 2020, 10:11 PM
Reply #384
  • Global Moderator
As I said, drawing the Prophet Muhammad is an insult to all practicing Muslims, and if violence happens because of childish disrespect to other's beliefs, it is because a minority of the Muslim minority in Europe could not stand such speech, not Muslims or Islam is to blame, as it is not the course of action the majority of Muslims would do.

I'm not too clear what you mean. I do believe the vast majority of Muslims would never engage in violence for no other reason that someone drawing a picture of Mohammed. If they (or anyone) is offended because of a picture (or similar) just ignore it - look the other way. I'm offended by everything Donald Trump says. What do I do? Turn the TV off or change the channel.

As for free speech, I'm all for it as a Muslim libertarian, yet I'm also for respect. Free speech is never absolute even in US, Canada and EU. There are defamation & liable laws, and others against inciting violence, which is something similar to insulting God and his Prophet's, because it's always the same depressing results.

Defamation and libel is VERY different from insulting a religion. If I were to defame you, I'd have to publish all kinds of lies or, at the very least, say negative statements I can't prove. Then you could legally take me to court for damages. This is very different from simply drawing a picture or saying nasty things about Mohammed, Moses, Jesus Christ, Buddha, or any other religious leader. Religion cannot expect any special protection from the government. As you know, I am an atheist. People have been saying nasty things about us since day one, many of them totally false. Many of us have been burned at the stake or suffered brutal punishment from organized religion. I see it this way: these people can say all they want - as long as they respect our rights, I have no problem.

November 12, 2020, 12:16 AM
Reply #385
  • Global Moderator
Note that a new version of windows 7 with new updates is available here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg35910#msg35910
Some new Nvidia drivers are available for windows 10 too.

November 12, 2020, 05:00 AM
Reply #386
I'm not too clear what you mean. I do believe the vast majority of Muslims would never engage in violence for no other reason that someone drawing a picture of Mohammed. If they (or anyone) is offended because of a picture (or similar) just ignore it - look the other way. I'm offended by everything Donald Trump says. What do I do? Turn the TV off or change the channel.
That's what I said more than once previously, myself and the majority of Muslims especially those in the west or watching western media do look away when feeling insulted, or reply to insults within laws, and in the case of Macron and his multiple comments recently insisting on the insult of Prophet Muhammad, Muslims are doing a great job of boycotting French products everywhere, a means of peaceful non-violent activism that our brethren in humanity, the French people, will get a feel of the economic effect of their laws allowing the insults of Muhammad (sorry scarface).

Defamation and libel is VERY different from insulting a religion. If I were to defame you, I'd have to publish all kinds of lies or, at the very least, say negative statements I can't prove. Then you could legally take me to court for damages. This is very different from simply drawing a picture or saying nasty things about Mohammed, Moses, Jesus Christ, Buddha, or any other religious leader. Religion cannot expect any special protection from the government. As you know, I am an atheist. People have been saying nasty things about us since day one, many of them totally false. Many of us have been burned at the stake or suffered brutal punishment from organized religion. I see it this way: these people can say all they want - as long as they respect our rights, I have no problem.

I was just giving examples of laws that restrict absolute free speech, laws that consider some kinds of speech criminalized.
I consider insults of religious figures, even those of religions I have absolutely no belief in, a hate crime for the aftermaths that results from such disrespect to other's beliefs.. a peaceful society needs respecting beliefs of others even those that we have reservations against.
Or else, we will always get more of the same, cause for more violence & hate & division which is not good for anyone, and more boycott of French products (sorry to our good friend scarface again) which I consider negative for all of us as fellow humans that need a respectful society to prosper together on the rock we live on.

Free speech is never absolute & laws for many issues have changed over time where one thing was legal at a time and became illegal later, and vice versa, or try stickling and thinking u can change the minds of more than a billion people boycotting your countries products, and a minority of those people who are willing to do unlawful violence in this sad cycle if insulting faiths and violent reactions from some.

BTW in France, there are laws against denying the holocaust or doubting the announced numbers of Jews the criminal tyrant Hitler killed during WWII.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:French_Holocaust_deniers
There are laws against calling for boycotting Israeli products in France.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/european-rights-court-faults-france-for-convicting-israel-boycott-activists/

They can feel the coming effect of a billion+ people boycotting them and think about electing & legislating new laws if they want.

It's all good  ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:21 AM by aa1234779 »

Hud (11)

November 12, 2020, 05:01 AM
Reply #387
Note that a new version of windows 7 with new updates is available here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg35910#msg35910

Thanks

Hud (11)

November 12, 2020, 12:42 PM
Reply #388
  • Global Moderator

Thanks
And a new version of windows 10 will be available too.

November 13, 2020, 10:26 PM
Reply #389
  • Global Moderator
I was just giving examples of laws that restrict absolute free speech, laws that consider some kinds of speech criminalized.
I consider insults of religious figures, even those of religions I have absolutely no belief in, a hate crime for the aftermaths that results from such disrespect to other's beliefs

A REAL hate crime is the bombing of a mosque in New Zealand a year ago, or [I believe] an attack on a synagogue in France several years back. Hate crimes are by no means limited to religion. Police in the USA treating black people unjustly are fine examples. But making fun of a religious figure -- NO! In a democracy you can make fun of the the country's leaders, right? Here in America newspapers are full of cartoons mocking Trump and other politicians. Why should religions be any different, especially when the Koran specifically states that Mohammed and Jesus were MEN and not, as the Christians believe, sons of God (Jesus, not Mohammed)?

BTW in France, there are laws against denying the holocaust or doubting the announced numbers of Jews the criminal tyrant Hitler killed during WWII.

Given the suffering brought on France by the Nazis, it's understandable they'd pass such a law. In my opinion this is NOT the best way to shut these people down. Let these idiots (holocaust deniers and others) talk and let them show the world how stupid they are. If you prohibit their speech all you do is give their arguments credibility. That logic seems to work fine in the USA. Here just about anything short of libel or slander is allowed. The result is that eventually it gets to the point where the majority of people repudiate their twisted beliefs.