• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on April 21, 2020, 11:50 PM
hi humbert.
I hope you are fine.

I'm doing great. Enjoying the light traffic, cheap fuel and abundant orders for delivery. I work part-time (4 hours a day), I make a few cents on the side. They're asking for masks in most places you go and can easily get in if you have one. You can even wear it wrong and nobody notices. Let's see how long this blessing lasts  :). I suppose the only things I miss are live sports on TV and the availability of products at supermarkets. It has improved, but not yet at pre-"pandemic" levels

In order to rearm win 10, and if you are using my version of windows 10, you can use my home-made switch-less activator in the $oem$ folder. You can find it here too (x64 only): https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg35382#msg35382

Unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing a link for the activator/rearmer. I'm always on the hunt for good activators that don't install unwanted garbage on your computer.

You know, when you have sold your flat in Miami, if you have 10 million dollars and if you want to buy a flat in Paris with a tennis court, you can contact me.

By the term "flat" do you mean an apartment or any dwelling? I had a house in Miami. It took a miracle for me to sell it. Naturally I used the money to buy another house in San Antonio. Better price, better location, and infinitely better than Miami in every way. With respect to the flat in Paris, keep in mind $10 million in cash is not enough. You need a healthy income to live in a place like that.

Note that I have been arrested by the confinement police, I was driving my car. Since I had no attestation, they gave me a fine.

Were you handcuffed and taken to jail? If so I assume they called a towing company to tow you car away, and naturally sent you the bill. What exactly do you mean by "no attestation"? I looked that up in the dictionary, the definition didn't make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3lysY4M-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSCN2F47RAA
[/quote]

scarface

Quote from: humbert on April 22, 2020, 06:02 AM
Unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing a link for the activator/rearmer. I'm always on the hunt for good activators that don't install unwanted garbage on your computer.
keep looking...
if you can't find it, here is a link...https://mega.nz/#!lZNnGCjI!z8lO3wDxUH0o0iQDSAr_ztf8ADlYnBc3Syi-kbNskno

By the term "flat" do you mean an apartment or any dwelling? I had a house in Miami. It took a miracle for me to sell it. Naturally I used the money to buy another house in San Antonio. Better price, better location, and infinitely better than Miami in every way. With respect to the flat in Paris, keep in mind $10 million in cash is not enough. You need a healthy income to live in a place like that.
I was joking. And even if I had a lot of money, I would not buy real estate other there, because I think it is totally overpriced.
But I wouldnt say no if I could live in a little house by the sea like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc8dmf9L6U4
With 10 million$ in cash, you could buy a lot of flats over there though.

Were you handcuffed and taken to jail? If so I assume they called a towing company to tow you car away, and naturally sent you the bill. What exactly do you mean by "no attestation"? I looked that up in the dictionary, the definition didn't make sense.
no, just fined. You need to fill out a form to go out.

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 19, 2020, 12:21 AM

Mixing and matching any DDR4 is OK, as it will go back to the lowest-in-common JEDEC standard, which in this case should be ddr4 2133. You might see a slight performance drop when using the lower mhz' stick, but in reality the more ram should outweigh the difference unless you're playing games or rendering things all day within the first ram-sticks limit.

You may also want to try https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm
It's a tool disabling the Spectre patches, that are known to cause slowdowns on intel systems.
I'm sure you're aware of the pro and cons of disabling security patches like that
Yes, I'm aware of security issues.

scarface

Note that the new version of windows 10 x64 could be ready as soon as tomorrow on the forum, the version 20h1, not released officially yet.
You can post comments here, I'd like to know if you are waiting for this 20h1 version.

The main improvement of this version is to continue to enhance the system search function. The May 2020 Update is faster on HDD hardware, thanks to the reduced disk usage by Windows Search process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpcYH7DUEPk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thB4EhQ-HwU

PS: note that in the new version, I'm planning to add a new lockscreen too, as well as new drivers and programs like vlc 3.0.10.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on May 02, 2020, 12:14 AM
Today, a new version of windows 10 x64 pro Lite v2004 is available ("20H1" for Vasudev)

As usual, it contains many reg tweaks, netfx 3.5, netfx 4.8, dx9 (and 12) and many programs.
Note: in this edition you'll find many more programs like the latest releases of vlc, firefox, handbrake, cdisplay, Sumatra, Flashplayer, 7zip 19.00, winrar 5.90, Treesize free, Visual C++ Redist, the game "Mastermind" and Ultraiso (full version), Subtitles Edit v3.5.14...
Fx sound enhancer v13.028 was added (full version).
Abbodi1406’s vcredist was updated to 0.29.
New wallpapers are available.
New programs installed silently: mediacoder 0.8.61 (modified edition), Psychopinball (by Fuj), Smartcopy, Grand dictionnaire Hachette Oxford, psp 8, Remove empty directories, WiseDuplicatefinder, Ant renamer, Pinball, LameXP, Belatout, Easeus Partition Master 13.8.
HDD programs: HDD low level format, HD tune pro.

New:
Updated programs:  vlc 3.0.10,

This version of windows 10 is activated by default.

Nothing was deleted in winsxs and to obtain such a size, install.wim was converted into esd.

New drivers:
Realtek RTL8723BE WLAN 2024.0.10.211, Alcor1.17.13.2300, LAN_Killerwin10_2.2.3212, Synaptics19.3.4.193, PCI-bus-AMD-15.301.0.0, Elan-smbus-driver-15.2.10.1, intel_chipset_10.1.18263.8193, RadioBtn_Win10v1.1.8.0,
intel_rst_17.8.8.1072, Hp-Wifi-Broadcom7.35.344.0, intelethernetPROWin10x64-25.0, Wireless_21.80.2_PROSet64, realtek_card_reader_10.0.18362.31255, Realtek Ethernet 10.039.0323.2020
realtekcamera10.0.17763.20089, usb3.1_asmedia_1.16.59.1, BT_21.80.0.3_64_Win10
Note that the intel graphics drivers are not integrated any more.

Nothing was removed.
Windows defender is disabled by default but can be re-enabled again via gpedit.msc.
Note that the new feature Windows Defender Tamper protection was deactivated too.

In the previous versions a script was run to remove the useless appx and provisioned packages. It wasn't used in this version.
Here is the script previously used to remove provisioned apps (the "Sysprep" switch was used).
#This function finds any AppX/AppXProvisioned package and uninstalls it, except for Freshpaint, Windows Calculator, Windows Store, and Windows Photos.
#Also, to note - This does NOT remove essential system services/software/etc such as .NET framework installations, Cortana, Edge, etc.

#This is the switch parameter for running this script as a 'silent' script, for use in MDT images or any type of mass deployment without user interaction.

param (
  [switch]$Debloat, [switch]$SysPrep
)

Function Begin-SysPrep {

param([switch]$SysPrep)
        Write-Verbose -Message ('Starting Sysprep Fixes')

# Disable Windows Store Automatic Updates
       <# Write-Verbose -Message "Adding Registry key to Disable Windows Store Automatic Updates"
        $registryPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore"
        If (!(Test-Path $registryPath)) {
            Mkdir $registryPath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
            New-ItemProperty $registryPath -Name AutoDownload -Value 2
        }
        Else {
            Set-ItemProperty $registryPath -Name AutoDownload -Value 2
        }
        #Stop WindowsStore Installer Service and set to Disabled
        Write-Verbose -Message ('Stopping InstallService')
        Stop-Service InstallService
        #>
}

#Creates a PSDrive to be able to access the 'HKCR' tree
New-PSDrive -Name HKCR -PSProvider Registry -Root HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
Function Start-Debloat {

param([switch]$Debloat)

#Removes AppxPackages
    #Credit to Reddit user /u/GavinEke for a modified version of my whitelist code
    [regex]$WhitelistedApps = 'Microsoft.ScreenSketch|Microsoft.Paint3D|Microsoft.WindowsCalculator|Microsoft.WindowsStore|Microsoft.Windows.Photos|CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows|`
    Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes|Microsoft.MSPaint|Microsoft.WindowsCamera|.NET|Framework|Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension|Microsoft.ScreenSketch|Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp|`
    Microsoft.VP9VideoExtensions|Microsoft.WebMediaExtensions|Microsoft.WebpImageExtension|Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller'
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where-Object {$_.Name -NotMatch $WhitelistedApps} | Remove-AppxPackage -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    # Run this again to avoid error on 1803 or having to reboot.
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where-Object {$_.Name -NotMatch $WhitelistedApps} | Remove-AppxPackage -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    $AppxRemoval = Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Where-Object {$_.PackageName -NotMatch $WhitelistedApps}
    ForEach ( $App in $AppxRemoval) {

Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName $App.PackageName

}
}

Function Remove-Keys {

Param([switch]$Debloat)   

#These are the registry keys that it will delete.

$Keys = @(

#Remove Background Tasks
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\46928bounde.EclipseManager_2.2.4.51_neutral__a5h4egax66k6y"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.7909.7600.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.PPIProjection_10.0.15063.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.15063.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.16299.15.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"

#Windows File
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.File\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"

#Registry keys to delete if they aren't uninstalled by RemoveAppXPackage/RemoveAppXProvisionedPackage
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\46928bounde.EclipseManager_2.2.4.51_neutral__a5h4egax66k6y"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\Microsoft.PPIProjection_10.0.15063.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.15063.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.16299.15.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"

#Scheduled Tasks to delete
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.PreInstalledConfigTask\PackageId\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.7909.7600.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe"

#Windows Protocol Keys
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Protocol\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Protocol\PackageId\Microsoft.PPIProjection_10.0.15063.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Protocol\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.15063.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Protocol\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.16299.15.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"

#Windows Share Target
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.ShareTarget\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"
    )

#This writes the output of each key it is removing and also removes the keys listed above.
    ForEach ($Key in $Keys) {
        Write-Output "Removing $Key from registry"
        Remove-Item $Key -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    }
}

Function Protect-Privacy {

Param([switch]$Debloat)   

#Creates a PSDrive to be able to access the 'HKCR' tree
    New-PSDrive -Name HKCR -PSProvider Registry -Root HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

#Disables Windows Feedback Experience
    Write-Output "Disabling Windows Feedback Experience program"
    $Advertising = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo'
    If (Test-Path $Advertising) {
        Set-ItemProperty $Advertising -Name Enabled -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Stops Cortana from being used as part of your Windows Search Function
    Write-Output "Stopping Cortana from being used as part of your Windows Search Function"
    $Search = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search'
    If (Test-Path $Search) {
        Set-ItemProperty $Search -Name AllowCortana -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Stops the Windows Feedback Experience from sending anonymous data
    Write-Output "Stopping the Windows Feedback Experience program"
    $Period1 = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Siuf'
    $Period2 = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules'
    $Period3 = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules\PeriodInNanoSeconds'
    If (!(Test-Path $Period3)) {
        mkdir $Period1 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        mkdir $Period2 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        mkdir $Period3 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        New-ItemProperty $Period3 -Name PeriodInNanoSeconds -Value 0 -Verbose -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    }

Write-Output "Adding Registry key to prevent bloatware apps from returning"
    #Prevents bloatware applications from returning
    $registryPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent"
    If (!(Test-Path $registryPath)) {
        Mkdir $registryPath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        New-ItemProperty $registryPath -Name DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures -Value 1 -Verbose -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    }         

Write-Output "Setting Mixed Reality Portal value to 0 so that you can uninstall it in Settings"
    $Holo = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic'   
    If (Test-Path $Holo) {
        Set-ItemProperty $Holo -Name FirstRunSucceeded -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Disables live tiles
    Write-Output "Disabling live tiles"
    $Live = 'HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications'   
    If (!(Test-Path $Live)) {
        mkdir $Live -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue     
        New-ItemProperty $Live -Name NoTileApplicationNotification -Value 1 -Verbose
    }

#Turns off Data Collection via the AllowTelemtry key by changing it to 0
    Write-Output "Turning off Data Collection"
    $DataCollection = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection'   
    If (Test-Path $DataCollection) {
        Set-ItemProperty $DataCollection -Name AllowTelemetry -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Disables People icon on Taskbar
    Write-Output "Disabling People icon on Taskbar"
    $People = 'HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People'
    If (Test-Path $People) {
        Set-ItemProperty $People -Name PeopleBand -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Disables suggestions on start menu
    Write-Output "Disabling suggestions on the Start Menu"
    $Suggestions = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager'   
    If (Test-Path $Suggestions) {
        Set-ItemProperty $Suggestions -Name SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

Write-Output "Removing CloudStore from registry if it exists"
     $CloudStore = 'HKCUSoftware\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore'
     If (Test-Path $CloudStore) {
     Stop-Process Explorer.exe -Force
     Remove-Item $CloudStore
     Start-Process Explorer.exe -Wait
    }

#Loads the registry keys/values below into the NTUSER.DAT file which prevents the apps from redownloading. Credit to a60wattfish
    reg load HKU\Default_User C:\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT
    Set-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKU\Default_User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager -Name SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled -Value 0
    Set-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKU\Default_User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager -Name PreInstalledAppsEnabled -Value 0
    Set-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKU\Default_User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager -Name OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled -Value 0
    reg unload HKU\Default_User

#Disables scheduled tasks that are considered unnecessary
    Write-Output "Disabling scheduled tasks"
    #Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName XblGameSaveTaskLogon | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName XblGameSaveTask | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName Consolidator | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName UsbCeip | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName DmClient | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName DmClientOnScenarioDownload | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
}

#This includes fixes by xsisbest
Function FixWhitelistedApps {

Param([switch]$Debloat)

If(!(Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Microsoft.Paint3D, Microsoft.MSPaint, Microsoft.WindowsCalculator, Microsoft.WindowsStore, Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes, Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder, Microsoft.Windows.Photos)) {

#Credit to abulgatz for the 4 lines of code
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Paint3D | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.MSPaint | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsCalculator | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} }
}

Function CheckDMWService {

Param([switch]$Debloat)

If (Get-Service -Name dmwappushservice | Where-Object {$_.StartType -eq "Disabled"}) {
    Set-Service -Name dmwappushservice -StartupType Automatic}

If(Get-Service -Name dmwappushservice | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"}) {
   Start-Service -Name dmwappushservice}
  }

Function CheckInstallService {
  Param([switch]$Debloat)
          If (Get-Service -Name InstallService | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"}) { 
            Start-Service -Name InstallService
            Set-Service -Name InstallService -StartupType Automatic
            }
        }

Write-Output "Initiating Sysprep"
Begin-SysPrep
Write-Output "Removing bloatware apps."
Start-Debloat
Write-Output "Removing leftover bloatware registry keys."
Remove-Keys
Write-Output "Checking to see if any Whitelisted Apps were removed, and if so re-adding them."
FixWhitelistedApps
Write-Output "Stopping telemetry, disabling unneccessary scheduled tasks, and preventing bloatware from returning."
Protect-Privacy
#Write-Output "Stopping Edge from taking over as the default PDF Viewer."
#Stop-EdgePDF
CheckDMWService
CheckInstallService
Write-Output "Finished all tasks."

Size: 3.51Gb
Link: Windows 10 x64 20h1

Note that a switch-less lite installer for the latest nvidia drivers for win 10 x64 is available here (v445.87)
Only graphics driver and Physx system are installed. Geforce experience is not installed.
It is possible to run this during the installation ($oem$ folder).
Link: Nvidia drivers repack

and here is the link for a switch-less win10 activator (encrypted & automatic).
I encrypted it to store it more easily since some antivirus detect it as a virus. Disable your antivirus before executing the exe (it’s not a virus).
A few seconds later,it’s done.
Link: https://mega.nz/#!lZNnGCjI!z8lO3wDxUH0o0iQDSAr_ztf8ADlYnBc3Syi-kbNskno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEMqvrMoEF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydjglwfe7II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODAyvkCNYSc
https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Fsx-1hw0Xg?cc_load_policy=1&cc_lang_pref=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24xRFPGMImY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ioxh3OTSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17CwZmI8mUQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKowWFBIuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHDoJi_LpwQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSW_lKGf9us

Nice.

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on May 03, 2020, 10:08 PM
Nice.
I think the substantive awesome would be more appropriate.
Well, I wanted to ask a specialist if changing the picture of the lockscreen was possible. It is the only thing that Ive not been able to do for the moment. I do not think it is possible via a regedit entry.
I'd want to put this picture as the default lockscreen: https://i.ibb.co/4S1Km3S/lock.jpg

Note that the new version of subtitles edit will be included in the next version of windows x64, in one week.

I am currently eating some duck gizzards with rice with a turmeric sauce. With this, I am drinking an excellent wine. I guess you should have been with me tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sN2FmlE_98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSCN2F47RAA

Vasudev

Is 20H1 any better than 1909? I'm still on 1809.

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on May 17, 2020, 10:05 PM
I didn't install it, but I read that disk usage was improved for Windows Search in the new version.
I'm not sure you need to upgrade, install it if you need to format your hard drive disk.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on May 18, 2020, 05:25 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on May 17, 2020, 10:05 PM
I didn't install it, but I read that disk usage was improved for Windows Search in the new version.
I'm not sure you need to upgrade, install it if you need to format your hard drive disk.
I think only people with HDD will notice it. I have moved most of the them to SSD (DRAM and non-DRAM based SSDs).
I don't see a major feature that made me want to hop the update train.
1909 nuked my Linux bootloader and its partitions and upon clean install my PC was stuck at black screen and never recovered after waiting for an hr or two. Restored Macrium reflect backup and everything was working with older win 10.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on May 27, 2020, 08:46 PM
Note that the latest Nvidia driver repack will be available soon here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg35471#msg35471
The new windows 10 iso will not be available because there is no significant change (only new vc redist/new drivers). In the next version there will be updated programs too.
Try non-bloated nvidia drivers https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/nVidia-modded-Inf