• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

If anyone wants to download offline Appx for Intel control panel and nvidia or for any other driver use this: https://store.rg-adguard.net/
Simply copy the link from MS store and download relevant Appx package and you're done.

scarface

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 17, 2020, 12:22 AM
Note that a new version of windows 7 is available here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg35653#msg35653

I'm curious about something. How do you update this thing? To my knowledge Micro$haft retired Windows 7 and aren't providing updates for it.

Also, does it include software that enables the user to get the most out of Intel's latest i9 and AMD's Ryzen 2? Somewhere I heard that although Windows 7 will run under the newest CPU's, you won't take advantage of everything they have to offer because they're not being supported in W7. Vasudev told me this has to come from 3rd parties (or so I think).

scarface

Quote from: humbert on August 17, 2020, 04:24 AM
I'm curious about something. How do you update this thing? To my knowledge Micro$haft retired Windows 7 and aren't providing updates for it.
Read this: https://www.teiss.co.uk/microsoft-windows-7-esu/

Also, does it include software that enables the user to get the most out of Intel's latest i9 and AMD's Ryzen 2? Somewhere I heard that although Windows 7 will run under the newest CPU's, you won't take advantage of everything they have to offer because they're not being supported in W7. Vasudev told me this has to come from 3rd parties (or so I think).
I don't know. I don't use windows 7 and I have no intel i9 or Ryzen. Maybe Vasudev knows the answer.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on August 18, 2020, 01:14 AM
Read this: https://www.teiss.co.uk/microsoft-windows-7-esu/

I don't know. I don't use windows 7 and I have no intel i9 or Ryzen. Maybe Vasudev knows the answer.
There's unofficial support and drivers for Win 7 but I couldn't get Skylake PC to get working on UEFI and it worked only in legacy mode. On desktop it doesn't make much difference but on laptop, legacy BIOS has super long boot times for NVMe drives.

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on August 20, 2020, 07:21 PM
There's unofficial support and drivers for Win 7 but I couldn't get Skylake PC to get working on UEFI and it worked only in legacy mode. On desktop it doesn't make much difference but on laptop, legacy BIOS has super long boot times for NVMe drives.
Visibly you have a lot of knowledge about computer. Maybe you know that my former computer, a MSI GE72 6QD was dying, and therefore I got a new laptop, a hp 17-cd0079nf (It is a mid-range computer with a good Nvidia graphics card. I wanted a intel i7 instead, but there was no more choice with the covid crisis. No more MSI computer, for instance. And I wanted a computer with Freedos, but I've been obliged to buy a computer equipped with windows 10). Before getting rid of the old computer, I opened it to recover a samsung ssd 850 EVO. I opened the hp and put the SSD. I wanted to install windows 10 on the nvme drive. I had to go to the bios and put "legacy" in order to install windows 10 via usb drive. But then I realized that the new computer was booting with the OS of the MSI! (in UEFI mode, the windows 10 installed on the SSD was not recognized). Thus, I'm still using an old copy of windows 10. And I formatted the NVME drive, I don't use it.
Do you know if I should use this NVME drive? is it faster than a 2.5 Samsung SSD? Should I install windows 10 on the "sk hynix BC501"?
I recovered a 8Gb ram too, and I put it in a free slot (so I still have 16Gb Ram).
Note that I bought a DVD drive lately...I didn't know that new computers had no blu ray drives. And I'm planning to make new DVD rips of "Swimming pool" and "D'amour et d'eau fraîche", with the latest x264 codec.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on August 21, 2020, 07:35 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 20, 2020, 07:21 PM
Visibly you have a lot of knowledge about computer. Maybe you know that my former computer, a MSI GE72 6QD was dying, and therefore I got a new laptop, a hp 17-cd0079nf (It is a mid-range computer with a good Nvidia graphics card. I wanted a intel i7 instead, but there was no more choice with the covid crisis. No more MSI computer, for instance. And I wanted a computer with Freedos, but I've been obliged to buy a computer equipped with windows 10). Before getting rid of the old computer, I opened it to recover a samsung ssd 850 EVO. I opened the hp and put the SSD. I wanted to install windows 10 on the nvme drive. I had to go to the bios and put "legacy" in order to install windows 10 via usb drive. But then I realized that the new computer was booting with the OS of the MSI! (in UEFI mode, the windows 10 installed on the SSD was not recognized). Thus, I'm still using an old copy of windows 10. And I formatted the NVME drive, I don't use it.
Do you know if I should use this NVME drive? is it faster than a 2.5 Samsung SSD? Should I install windows 10 on the "sk hynix BC501"?
I recovered a 8Gb ram too, and I put it in a free slot (so I still have 16Gb Ram).
Note that I bought a DVD drive lately...I didn't know that new computers had no blu ray drives. And I'm planning to make new DVD rips of "Swimming pool" and "D'amour et d'eau fraîche", with the latest x264 codec.
SK Hynix BC501 is pretty good mid-range NVMe almost comparable to Crucial P2, Kingston A series etc...
You can use existing RAM w/o any issues.
As for UEFI boot, you can use Windows media creation tool to download the ISO or you can make any edition ISO using single file
https://uup.rg-adguard.net/
You can try Ventoy where you simply copy the raw ISO file and it boots anything and you don't have to format USB or write to it every damn time. Just copy the ISO and enjoy.

scarface

Note that the new editions of windows 7 and windows 10 will not be available before the end of the week, and maybe next week. I can't connect to the hotspot I was using any more and I have no connection besides my phone.

I don't know if you remember my old car. Well, the engine is almost dead. There is a leaking head gasket and it might not be worth fixing.
In the meantime, I hope that humbert, vasudev, shadow.97 and the little users of the forum are fine.

Note that the stock markets tumbled today, the cac 40 was down 1.59% while the s&p 500 lost 2.76%. Tesla literally collapsed and dropped 21%. On 21 July I told you I wasn't at ease with Tesla at 1500$ in the financial news and stock markets topic. Well, it reached 2500$ before split, and it's now at...1650$ before split. On the short term, I think a rebound of the stock markets is likely, so that the bulls can leave the market (at least I'm not expecting a big rebound, maybe 2% on the cac 40 before the downturn in financial markets resumes).

scarface

Currently, I can't connect to the hotpost I was using and then I can't provide the users with a new version of windows 10 yet.
Maybe I'm going to go to Orange on the Champs-Élysées tomorrow to know if I can upgrade my phone package (I only have 10Gb per month).
Note that the next version of windows 10 will include the latest adobe flash plugin, the new visual c++ redist of Aboddi1406. I think that mkvtoolnix could be included by default too.

humbert

Hey Scarface: How many cell phone providers are available in France? I assume they're all GSM, i.e., the protocol that allows you to simply insert the company's SIM card. How much data do you think you need?

With respect to the car, are you living anywhere near Paris? I'm asking because one thing I liked about Paris is that you don't really need a car, in fact the car is a disturbance. The metro is excellent and it gets you anywhere easily. Sadly here in the USA with the exception of New York, without a car you're dead. You have to buy a car often with money you don't have, then pay fuel, insurance, repairs, license plate etc etc.