• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I also have automatic updates turned off. Normally I use WAU manager every few days. Windows updates are so horribly written that out of may 10 updates, 1 or 2 won't install. And of course let's not even mention updating Windows to a higher version. The failure rate is easily over 90%. I don't know how Micro$haft gets away with this.

You have a data cap?? Are there no other ISP's where you live? With so many people streaming HD and especially 4K, data caps are ludicrous. This not to even mention downloading other stuff.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on October 12, 2020, 05:46 AM
You have a data cap?? Are there no other ISP's where you live? With so many people streaming HD and especially 4K, data caps are ludicrous. This not to even mention downloading other stuff.
Yes there are. But I'm using my phone as a modem. I don't know if I'm going to stay where I am.
Note that some new versions of windows 7 and 10 could be available by the end of the week. I know that you, Vasudev, and some users are waiting for them.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on October 13, 2020, 10:42 PM
Yes there are. But I'm using my phone as a modem. I don't know if I'm going to stay where I am.

Aaahhh.... now it makes sense. All cell phone companies use data caps, even more so if you're using the phone as a hotspot. Mark my words: one day these data caps will disappear into the dustbin or history. But for now......

Quote from: scarface on October 13, 2020, 10:42 PM
Note that some new versions of windows 7 and 10 could be available by the end of the week. I know that you, Vasudev, and some users are waiting for them.

Vasudev is the big tester. Let's see if he comes up with a way to get this thing to install over a previous version of Windows. He successfully did this once and left me all the details of what he did. It worked! One of just 2 successful upgrades after maybe 20 unsuccessful attempts.

scarface

The new versions of windows 7 and 10 are ready. They will be uploaded tomorrow on the forum.

Maybe some of you are confined again due to this new virus. In France there is a curfew and it's forbidden to go out.
The annoucement here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEouAWNDWY

But some don't observe the curfew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KIJ06h6FA0

humbert

Quote from: scarface on October 17, 2020, 10:11 PM
Maybe some of you are confined again due to this new virus. In France there is a curfew and it's forbidden to go out.

New virus? You mean something other than SARS-CoV-2 (the Covid19 virus)? I didn't see the whole interview, but Macron was talking about more restrictions and curfews. I would imagine a crowded place like Paris is ideal for the virus to spread from one person to another. There's nothing like that here. Here in SA masks are mandatory only if entering a public place (stores, restaurants etc), but nowhere else. There are infections but nothing out of this world. And of course the this virus' kill ratio is 5%, if not slightly less.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on October 18, 2020, 04:30 AM
Quote from: scarface on October 17, 2020, 10:11 PM

New virus? You mean something other than SARS-CoV-2 (the Covid19 virus)? I didn't see the whole interview, but Macron was talking about more restrictions and curfews. I would imagine a crowded place like Paris is ideal for the virus to spread from one person to another. There's nothing like that here. Here in SA masks are mandatory only if entering a public place (stores, restaurants etc), but nowhere else. There are infections but nothing out of this world. And of course the this virus' kill ratio is 5%, if not slightly less.
Yes I was talking about the deadly Covid19.
Since I made an aside not linked with this topic, feel free to delete the last 2 messages and this one...

humbert

Have you tested a working copy of this? Also, somewhere I read Micro$haft is getting rid of Control Panel in favor of the decrepit metro settings app. Is this true?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on October 24, 2020, 06:05 AM
Have you tested a working copy of this? Also, somewhere I read Micro$haft is getting rid of Control Panel in favor of the decrepit metro settings app. Is this true?
A working copy of what? windows 10?
I still use the control panel anyway.
Note that windows 10 with the october update will be available tonight here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg35855#msg35855

scarface

I hope that the users of the forum are fine.
In France it's hard to live with all those bad news. The confinement, and a new knife attack. aa1234779 and Maher must be wondering what's happening. In the Arabica peninsula and in Palestine such things never happen.
Note that some new nvidia drivers will be available tonight.
I'll present a new recipe too.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on October 29, 2020, 08:40 PM
In France it's hard to live with all those bad news. The confinement, and a new knife attack. aa1234779 and Maher must be wondering what's happening. In the Arabica peninsula and in Palestine such things never happen.

As is always the case, the righteous pay the sinner's wages. Last I heard there were close to a billion Muslims. The vast majority do not go around beheading people because they disagree with their views. Fanatics such as these, of ANY religion, are miscreants who should be put to death, the sooner the better.