Author Topic: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase  (Read 163865 times)

August 10, 2021, 04:36 PM
Reply #490
  • Global Moderator
humbert is right: from now on, only new versions of windows 10 will be available on the forum. You will find a new updated version on the forum soon. And windows 11 is voluntarily boycotted.

August 12, 2021, 06:15 AM
Reply #491
  • Global Moderator

August 13, 2021, 10:00 PM
Reply #492
  • Global Moderator
humbert is right: from now on, only new versions of windows 10 will be available on the forum. You will find a new updated version on the forum soon. And windows 11 is voluntarily boycotted.

I agree. What's the point of making Windows 7 if nobody's interested? I also agree with your decision to hold off on Windows 11. It's still way too early. Give it another 6 months at the very least.

September 04, 2021, 09:41 PM
Reply #493
  • Global Moderator
Note that Windows 7 was finally updated with the latest updates. Maybe quite a few users are still using it on the forum even if some, like humbert, left this OS a long time ago for newer versions or for Linux.
You can find it here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg36198#msg36198

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZVxfqstjtM

September 05, 2021, 08:38 PM
Reply #494
  • Global Moderator
Note that Windows 7 was finally updated with the latest updates. Maybe quite a few users are still using it on the forum even if some, like humbert, left this OS a long time ago for newer versions or for Linux.

Let's see something. A question for all users on the forum: How many of you are still on Windows 7? Please raise your hands.

Me running Linux? I wish! I'd love nothing more than to unshackle from Micro$haft. Sadly that's not possible. The reason is clear: lack of support. There are many examples. If all I did was surf the web and check email, then any distro of Linux would do fine. I do much more than that.

September 08, 2021, 01:24 PM
Reply #495
  • Global Moderator

Let's see something. A question for all users on the forum: How many of you are still on Windows 7? Please raise your hands.

Me running Linux? I wish! I'd love nothing more than to unshackle from Micro$haft. Sadly that's not possible. The reason is clear: lack of support. There are many examples. If all I did was surf the web and check email, then any distro of Linux would do fine. I do much more than that.
I use W7 July edition Pro x64 for VM and some old government sites/apps that doesn't work with W10.

September 08, 2021, 09:26 PM
Reply #496
  • Global Moderator
I use W7 July edition Pro x64 for VM and some old government sites/apps that doesn't work with W10.

The government has no interest in upgrading the sites/apps you mentioned. This is beyond your control. You are left with no choice but to stick with W7, at least to be able to do your job.

For the rest of our forum members: is there anyone who is still on Windows 7? If so, why?

September 11, 2021, 03:32 PM
Reply #497
  • Global Moderator
Note that new versions of windows 10 and 7 will be available next Tuesday, for humbert and Vasudev.

September 11, 2021, 08:55 PM
Reply #498
  • Global Moderator
Note that new versions of windows 10 and 7 will be available next Tuesday, for humbert and Vasudev.

Do you have any plans to put out a version of Windows 11 after its official release? Sooner or later you'll probably have to. You know as well as I do upgrades are inevitable. I've seen resistance to upgrades are far back as when MS-Dos was the operating system of choice. Eventually we'll all be overwhelmed by the tide.

September 12, 2021, 09:55 AM
Reply #499
  • Global Moderator
Do you have any plans to put out a version of Windows 11 after its official release?
Probably. Even if Windows 11 might not bring anything new.