• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

More questions for Maher ;-)

Started by humbert, October 10, 2011, 05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Maher on October 23, 2011, 12:47 PM
One prayer happens to be in the time of my job. At school we have breaks, I can do my prayer at the break.
Because we are all Muslims here, in any job you can have a 10 mins break or so to do prayers :)

I would imagine there is a prayer room at school, right? If not, then they must provide rugs so you won't have to lie on the floor. How do I know about prayer rooms? Years ago when I worked and traveled (before I got cancer), I visited Bangkok (Thailand) on business. As I was in the airport for the LONG flight back to Miami, I saw a room with a door and a sign, in Thai and English, that read "Islamic Prayer Room". I saw so curious to enter, but I was also terrified because in Thailand, any religious desecration is severely punished (probably by caneing or something) and naturally I was afraid of unintentionally doing something wrong. For example, I don't know about prayer rooms, but just recently I learned that to enter a mosque you must remove your shoes. I didn't know this at the time.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on October 24, 2011, 04:49 AM
Quote from: Maher on October 23, 2011, 12:47 PM
One prayer happens to be in the time of my job. At school we have breaks, I can do my prayer at the break.
Because we are all Muslims here, in any job you can have a 10 mins break or so to do prayers :)

I would imagine there is a prayer room at school, right? If not, then they must provide rugs so you won't have to lie on the floor. How do I know about prayer rooms? Years ago when I worked and traveled (before I got cancer), I visited Bangkok (Thailand) on business. As I was in the airport for the LONG flight back to Miami, I saw a room with a door and a sign, in Thai and English, that read "Islamic Prayer Room". I saw so curious to enter, but I was also terrified because in Thailand, any religious desecration is severely punished (probably by caneing or something) and naturally I was afraid of unintentionally doing something wrong. For example, I don't know about prayer rooms, but just recently I learned that to enter a mosque you must remove your shoes. I didn't know this at the time.
Not in every school. But you can find rugs almost everywhere in every place. Every school has rugs, because people there are muslims and do prayers :) every shop has rugs, because who doesn't pray in Mosque prays in his shop. So it's almost everywhere!
I remember once when I was in Russia I had to pray before I get to the bus (I was at a bank). Because if I get into the bus, it's about an hour home and I will miss the time. It was in February I think and it was (-30 C) out there, and everything is white because of snow.
I thought there is nothing cleaner than snow :) and I did my pray on the snow and lots of people stopped watching :)

Regarding mosques, or prayer rooms there is nothing special there! It's just a place where you have to remove your shoes and be quiet. It's a blessed place as Allah says in The Holy Quran. In every Mosque there is a toilett and a place where you can do "wudoo" or ablution as you can say in English.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/