• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Free Antivirus

Started by BLADESHARK, February 09, 2012, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Bubster on May 29, 2012, 02:38 AM
But what I meant' was is you manage to get a license key for their free version of the program.   ::)
NO the Internet Security :o
But I think its too much bloated :(
I think I should try Antivirus Pro :)
Which do you prefer to ME? :P
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Bubster

Well, if we talk about Internet Security...and having a paid version (no matter how yo got it)  ;) Then I'm not
so sure anymore. I was for the longest time a big fan of F-Secure, but as time went by, it just got bigger and
bigger, and took too much resources from the machine. So that was the point I went over to Avast instead.
(If I were to get a total package today, it would probably still be F-Secure, simply because of familiarity!)  ;D
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!

Ronsin-ok

@bubster

Do they still have the sandbox mode in the new free version?

Sounds good just for that.
"I haven't failed, I've found ten thousand ways that don't work."

Ronsin-ok

I was just there, Sandbox mode is not included in the free version.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download

If anyone wants a direct link link to the file.

http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
"I haven't failed, I've found ten thousand ways that don't work."

katana

Hey, guys! Glad I found this forum...

I've been using avast for a couple of years now though I used nod32 before. Avast is a really good one but I think I'll give Avira a try. Some of my buddies said that it doesn't take much from the system so it'll be good for older PCs...
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

Ahmad

Hello everybody. :)

I'll speak only about taking much from system resources, but with PAID one :

My favorite AntiVirus is ESET NOD32 which I've been using for about 7 years.. with no one problem.. and just for information, I think the oldest PC among us is MINE  ;D ;D. Yet, I don't feel any slowness on my PC.
I really like it very much specially, the Smart Security version which includes a firewall to be a complete internet security program.

BTW, it has very advanced features and a lot of options for advanced users to adjust it as they like.

This is just my opinion and I respect others  :).. I don't say that other AntiVirus programs are bad, but this is what I'm familiar and satisfied with.

Wish you all the best.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

katana

Can you recommend a good torrent for nod32? I use different AV's for each of our family members' desktops, laptop & netbook.  :)
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

Bubster

Quote from: Ronsin-ok on May 30, 2012, 02:51 AM
I was just there, Sandbox mode is not included in the free version.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download

If anyone wants a direct link link to the file.

http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe

Doesn't surprise me a bit. They are hungry for money no, and do everything they can to get people to pay for their stuff instead. So
happy that I changed to Avira.  :)
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on May 30, 2012, 06:11 AM
I'll speak only about taking much from system resources, but with PAID one :
My favorite AntiVirus is ESET NOD32 which I've been using for about 7 years.. with no one problem.. and just for information, I think the oldest PC among us is MINE  ;D ;D. Yet, I don't feel any slowness on my PC.
I really like it very much specially, the Smart Security version which includes a firewall to be a complete internet security program.
BTW, it has very advanced features and a lot of options for advanced users to adjust it as they like.

May I ask, how much do you pay a year (or a month) for updates to NOD32? As you're aware, the initial price is one thing, but if they don't update your definitions, you've done nothing. I guess it shouldn't be too much. Also, can you pay them in Egyptian pounds or do you have to run out and buy foreign currency?

katana

By now, I'm pretty much familiar with AVAST features but I want to try Avira on my sis' netbook. Does Avira also have Site Blocking & Browser Protection?