• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

A strange thing regarding power !!!

Started by Ahmad, February 29, 2012, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

I used to install the original windows XP SP3 and after done, when putting my computer into Stand By >>> Fans, Mouse & Keyboard are still active after Stand By.
And this is to enable me to bring computer from Stand By by pressing any key or moving mouse.

Nearly a year a go, I installed the same original windows XP SP3, and after done, when putting the computer into Stand By >>> A strange thing happened ;;;   :o
Fans stopped , Mouse & Keyboard also off.
The only way to bring computer from Stand By is by pressing the Case power button.
Knowing that I didn't change anything or add any hardware or change BIOS.

And this problem is until now when installing the Original XP SP3 or Mr. Maher's release.
But, I've tried a release called "Micro XP" a few months ago >>> This problem didn't happen with this release, and it wasn't happening with any release before the last year. Suddenly, It appeared to me from nowhere. !!!

It doesn't matter to me 8) except that I want to know the possible reason for that. Or what is the service responsible for that ? Or anything !!!
Thanks for your support. :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

BLADESHARK

"Nearly a year a go, I installed the same original windows XP SP3, and after done, when putting the computer into Stand By >>> A strange thing happened ;;;   
Fans stopped , Mouse & Keyboard also off.
The only way to bring computer from Stand By is by pressing the Case power button.
Knowing that I didn't change anything or add any hardware or change BIOS."

My Dear Friend you have put your computer in the SLEEP mode,when you notice that the Fans,Keyboard,Mouse are off.
And only the Power Button from the cabinet can Wake the computer.
Even if you shout >:( at your PC or try to wake him up by hitting on the CPU ;D,it won't Wake Up.
BUT,
Remember, when you put your computer in SLEEP MODE and you switch off from UPS or the Main Power supply
Then you will face an error & next time you switch on your PC you will be asked to select options like :

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Debugging Mode
Restore to the last known good configuration

Start Windows Normally

Hope this Helps!!
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

Sorry, I'll be more clear as I know it's strange.  ::) :-\

Now, I put my computer in Sleep mode >>> Fans stop, mouse & keyboard don't have power.
To bring the computer out of standby, I press the power button in the chassis <which is the same button for turning on the computer>. Then, computer wakes up from Sleep mode normally.
Moving mouse or pressing a keyboard button doesn't wake it up as they don't have power in them.
knowing that I allow mouse & keyboard to bring the computer out of standby.

A year ago, I put my computer in Sleep mode >>> Fans still working, mouse & keyboard have power.
To bring the computer out of standby, I move the mouse, press keyboard button or press the power button in the chassis. Anyone of them was working.

I just want to know what made my computer do this sudden new strange behavior !!!  ;D ;D

Anyway, Thanks for replying, my dear friend.
If someday, you figure out a possible reason for this, share it.

Be well and safe. :) :D

BLADESHARK

Ahmad

Sorry for re-talking about this problem, but I want to ask if the type of the power supply has a reason in that problem.  ??? ???
Because I've changed it but didn't notice exactly when that problem happened.

i.e.
The type of the first power supply enables the fans to be active during Sleep mode, and the second one doesn't do that ? Or what ?

I Just want to know the reason.
Thanks and sorry for bothering you.  :-[

Shadow.97

uh, check the bios manually? seems weird!

Also does anyone know why, Start -> (arrow to right >) doesnt have "Hibernate" i can still make my pc hibernate through CMD (Shutdown -h)
just a little annoying thing as i never want to turn my pc off due to all the startup program taking years to start

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Shadow.97 on August 27, 2012, 12:19 AM
uh, check the bios manually? seems weird!

Also does anyone know why, Start -> (arrow to right >) doesnt have "Hibernate" i can still make my pc hibernate through CMD (Shutdown -h)
just a little annoying thing as i never want to turn my pc off due to all the startup program taking years to start
@Shadow.97 8)
Happy to see you again :P
Right click on desktop -> click Properties -> go to screen saver tab -> under Monitor Power click the Power button -> go to Hibernate tab -> check box Enable Hibernation
Now when you are on the window Restart-Turn Off-Stand By just hit the H button on keyboard ;)