• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Driver trouble, won't connect to internet!

Started by jpl123, March 26, 2012, 03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpl123

Hello, thanks for the time and effort put in to this torrent..good stuff! I need help installing drivers, internet, vga, network, etc.. I've tried using the device manager to update them through the CD with the ISO file but it can't find them. I'm not sure if I made a mistake during installation or if I have to download the drivers from another website, any help would be much appreciated thanks!

BLADESHARK

Quote from: jpl123 on March 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
Hello, thanks for the time and effort put in to this torrent..good stuff! I need help installing drivers, internet, vga, network, etc.. I've tried using the device manager to update them through the CD with the ISO file but it can't find them. I'm not sure if I made a mistake during installation or if I have to download the drivers from another website, any help would be much appreciated thanks!

Hello jpl123 8)
Can you please specify the make and model of your motherboard
Use Piriform's Speccy if possible.
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

jpl123

Quote from: BLADESHARK on March 27, 2012, 05:24 PM
Hello jpl123 8)
Can you please specify the make and model of your motherboard
Use Piriform's Speccy if possible.

Hi Bladeshark, here are the specs from Speccy:

MOBO:
Version                            R4510822
Chipset Vendor                Intel
Chipset Model                  i855PM
Chipset Revision              A3
Southbridge Vendor         Intel
Southbridge Model           82801DB (ICH4-M)
Southbridge Revision        03

BIOS:
Brand                                Phoenix Technologies LTD
Version                              R0062G2
Date                                  4/22/2004

PCI DATA:
Slot Type                           UNKNOWN
Slot Usage                         Available
Bus Width                          32 bit
Slot Designation                PCCARD1
Slot Number                       0

Ahmad

Quote from: jpl123 on March 26, 2012, 03:54 PM

Hello jpl123.  :)

First, I want to say that the ISO file you have downloaded doesn't contain the drivers for VGA, sound or LAN...etc.
You have to install those drivers from the CD that came with your motherboard.
If you don't have it, try downloading any driver pack from internet like:
Driver Pack Solution

But it's better to save time, knowing the model of each card and downloading the proper driver for it from its site. If you don't know how, then try Driver Pack.

By the way, you didn't give us the model of VGA, Audio or Network card from Speccy !!

Good luck. ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

jpl123

Driver Pack worked like a charm for everything except a couple of things.

Speccy has my sound card listed as Realtek AC'97 Audio but when I run dxdiag, it says that no sound card was found.

I went to Realtek's website and downloaded the latest drivers/updates and still the sound isn't working! Also in the device manager under "other devices" there's a yellow mark by "PCI Modem," and Driver Pack is also detecting a missing sound card driver but still nothing changes after its been installed and the missing driver message keeps coming up.

One more thing is that when I start the computer Driver Pack says that I need an update for device: "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C6&SUBSYS_816A104D&REV_03"

I'm so confused =x Any ideas?!

Ahmad

Hello buddy.  :)
Could you open Speccy, from File menu, Save Snapshot, and upload the Snapshot file as attachment so that I can help?

Sorry for this as I want to know the model of your motherboard and if you are installing external cards to your motherboard.

...Waiting.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: jpl123 on March 28, 2012, 12:13 AM
"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C6&SUBSYS_816A104D&REV_03"

Hello jpl123 8)
For your missing driver PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C6&SUBSYS_816A104D&REV_03
Download and install this driver which I provided in this link:--

ftp://213.248.114.178/PUB/VAIO/ORIGINAL/B3_DRIVERS.ZIP

Looks like you are using a Sony Vaio Lappy? Are you? :P

BLADESHARK

Speccy has my sound card listed as Realtek AC'97 Audio but when I run dxdiag, it says that no sound card was found.

Try this Driver :

ftp://209.222.7.36/pc/audio/WDM_R267.exe

If still it shows that no sound card detected
Open up your CPU and do some dusting.
De-install all cables and again install them. Make sure to do the same with the sound card.
Remember DUSTING is very Important to keep your PC running smoothly.
DUST the inside of your CPU every 3 months.

as Ahmad 8) said it will be more helpful if you attach the snapshot from speccy.

Thank You! :D

Shadow.97

Quote from: BLADESHARK on March 28, 2012, 08:42 AM

Try this Driver :

ftp://209.222.7.36/pc/audio/WDM_R267.exe

If still it shows that no sound card detected
Open up your CPU and do some dusting.
De-install all cables and again install them. Make sure to do the same with the sound card.
Remember DUSTING is very Important to keep your PC running smoothly.
DUST the inside of your CPU every 3 months.

as Ahmad 8) said it will be more helpful if you attach the snapshot from speccy.

Thank You! :D
Any suggestions on how to dust it off?

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 03, 2012, 05:29 AM
Any suggestions on how to dust it off?

Tips:
    Wearing a dust mask can save you a good deal of irritation and sneezing, especially if you have breathing or lung conditions.
    Cleaning your machine outside can save you a lot of clean-up, IF you can ensure a stable and clean spot. An open garage and clean work table would be an excellent cleaning environment. However, be sure that there are no extraneous materials (wood chips or twigs) that can enter your machine. Particles such as this can cause major damage. Also, as a tip, if you deal with a lot of dust or smoke near your computer purchase floor vent filters. They cost only a few dollars for 10 or more of them and you can cover the vents to your computer with them so that dust is filtered out.

Warnings:
    Never use a feather duster, Swiffer-type product, or vacuum inside your computer. Such tools can generate static charges which have the ability to fry internal components. (Using latex gloves is another way of making sure that you don't fry the computer, also do not work in an area where static charges are frequent such as the carpet or Styrofoam mats)
    Blowing on the inside of your computer is not recommended. This does very little and you run the risk of accidentally spitting on internal components. You might also churn dust up into your face.
    Never touch internal components. It is not necessary to touch anything inside your computer while cleaning it. The less contact you make the better.
    Although the process above is very safe, dusting can still lead to anomalous errors. While rare, dusting can sometimes cause just the wrong particle to settle in just the wrong place. However, the benefits of cleaning out your computer far outweigh the risks. In addition, NOT cleaning your computer can eventually lead to overheating and component failure.
    Always hold the can of compressed air upright. An inverted can of compressed air can let out bursts of liquid which can damage electronic components.
    Warning: depending on the manufacturer, opening the case may void the computer's warranty.

Things You'll Need:
    Canister of compressed air or small air compressor.
    Suitable workspace with adequate ventilation for dust.
    Screw driver and any other tools necessary to open your computer. This will vary according to the machine you have. Some computers do not need to be unscrewed to open.

Retrieve necessary tools. You will need to have a can of compressed air or a small air compressor, plus a screwdriver if you must remove screws to open your machine. A small vacuum might come in handy for cleaning up the mess you make around the computer, but should never be used inside it. Wearing a dust mask is optional, but can save you a bit of sneezing if your machine is over due for cleaning.

Shut down your machine. Turn off your computer and any surge protectors or alternate power sources it may be connected to. Most computers also have a "master power switch" on the back. Although the majority of users simply leave this switch on, flip it to the off position for extra safety.

Disconnect all peripherals. After your machine is shut down, unplug all cables connecting it to external components and power sources. Do not leave any cables connected to your computer while cleaning it, especially the power cord and the monitor cable.

Move to a suitable work area. If you have not cleaned your computer in a while (or ever), it would be a good idea to move to a suitable workspace. While you can clean your computer where it sits, this usually isn't ideal. Despite what you might assume, the job can be very messy and you'll want to work somewhere where you can adequately ventilate dust.

Open your machine. Once you have a suitable workplace, open your computer. This will vary greatly depending on your machine. If you have a user's manual, consulting it would be a good idea. Most machines have screws holding a side panel down. After removing these, you can then slip the side off your machine.

Prepare to clean. After opening the computer, get your can of compressed air, or ready your air compressor. Additionally, you might want to wear a dusk mask. Never touch the inside of your computer unless it is absolutely necessary. You may discharge a static shock to vital internal components and damage them. If you must touch the inside of your machine, discharge any static by tapping your finger to the computers metal case before unplugging it.

Begin dusting. Use your compressed air to blow out the inside of the your machine. It is usually a good idea to start on the upper region of the computer, then work your way down. In this manner you can sweep out all the dust that settles on lower components in one run. Do not worry if you cause the blades of internal fans to spin. This is expected and it is important to keep these components clean. Be thorough, but do not press on cords or components. Also keep your air source a moderate distance from the component you're working on.

NOTE: Always hold your can of compressed air upright. If inverted, it can be let out as a liquid which can cause severe damage to your computer.
    Compressed air is freezing cold when it leaves the can; don't let frost form on your chips.
    A lot of dust can be raised; try not to breathe it. If the PC is very dusty, take it out of doors before using the compressed air.

Make sure the Heat Sink fan is clean. The heat sink sits over the Processor, and it is a collection of metal ridges that stick up away from the Motherboard. If this fan does not function properly, the processor will overheat and possibly be ruined.

Look around the entire inside and outside for any dust you may have missed. Once you are sure it is cleaned thoroughly, carefully replace the sides. Do not try to force them into place.

Clean up your work space. The initial run will churn up a lot of particulates. Depending on your workspace, you may need to get a small vacuum and clean the area around the computer. Do not use a vacuum on the inside of the computer. You might want to consider leaving your machine open while you do this. Airborne dust inside the computer will begin to settle and you can make your effort exceptionally productive if you make a second run.

Close your machine. After you've finished dusting, replace the side of your machine and any screws. Once the machine is tightly shut, return it to its usual spot and reattach the power cord and other cables. (You might consider cleaning this entire area to remove excess materials that can contribute to dust intake.) If you flipped the master power switch on the back of your machine off, be sure to turn it on again or your machine will not start. A clean computer will run significantly cooler and last much longer than a computer clogged up with dust and debris.

For a Video Tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovgvppZX4k&feature=player_embedded