• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Searching for a shop selling Nvidia GeForce 545 (OEM) DDR3

Started by Shadow.97, April 20, 2012, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Hey does anyone know a shop that actually still sells the 545?? It needs to be the single slot verision. Or does anyone know a better single slot card, or competative card? http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-545-oem-ddr3 Thats the one i planned to buy, but every shop i found selling it either had it out of stock and wouldnt restock it, or they removed it from their page.
Please help :(

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 20, 2012, 06:58 PM
Hey does anyone know a shop that actually still sells the 545?? It needs to be the single slot verision. Or does anyone know a better single slot card, or competative card? http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-545-oem-ddr3 Thats the one i planned to buy, but every shop i found selling it either had it out of stock and wouldnt restock it, or they removed it from their page.
Please help :(

Have you tried Ebay? I don't see a reason why they wouldn't ship to Sweden. The things I've seen sold on Ebay simple boggle the imagination, and the interesting part is that somewhere, somplace, a buyer appears. I've done business with them many times, and I've never been cheated nor have I had a reason to file a complaint. Why not check them out? You never know.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 22, 2012, 04:43 AM

Have you tried Ebay? I don't see a reason why they wouldn't ship to Sweden. The things I've seen sold on Ebay simple boggle the imagination, and the interesting part is that somewhere, somplace, a buyer appears. I've done business with them many times, and I've never been cheated nor have I had a reason to file a complaint. Why not check them out? You never know.
Oh my! i found it! just one problem, how do i ship it/ know its not a scam?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-GeForce-GT545-Verto-Graphics-Card-1536Mb-DDR3-PCie-2-0-VCGGT545XPB-/370605683640?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item5649d1f3b8

humbert

Oh my! i found it! just one problem, how do i ship it/ know its not a scam?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-GeForce-GT545-Verto-Graphics-Card-1536Mb-DDR3-PCie-2-0-VCGGT545XPB-/370605683640?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item5649d1f3b8

I took a look at the link you gave me. I noticed this was the only card available from any vendor, which clearly means nobody makes it any more. Accordingly, if it absolutely, positively and without exception MUST be this card and no other will do, you have to grab it, and grab it NOW! Who knows how many other Shadow97's are out there looking for the very same card. Here's what you do. First, open an account on Ebay with login and password. Give them your real name, address, e-mail, phone etc. If they e-mail you ads, you can easily unsubscribe. Secondly, open an account on Paypal and, if possible, on Bill Me Later. They give you 6 months to pay at no interest for purchases over $100. You'll need either a credit card or maybe bank account. If you don't have one, surely your parents can help. After that, go ahead and place the order.

Ebay is a worldwide vendors representative and they will NOT tolerate cheats or scammers, be they buyers or sellers. Also, notice that this vendor has been rated as "top seller", a label he will not put in jeopardy by stealing a small amount of money from you. Not only that, but if there's a problem, Paypal will NOT pay him if there's any kind of complaint. Believe me, I've bought things from Ebay many times and I've never been cheated. Even when I bought a refurbished iPhone dock, it arrived plain and loose in an unmarked box with no instructions. Once I learned how to use it, the thing WORKED perfectly. No complaints were necessary.

Here's this link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57951662/buy-ebay.jpg, go there and grab a little jpeg with instructions on the best way to buy on Ebay. I also have one for selling if you're interested. Let me know.

Shadow.97

Sorry but what were you selling?? The thing that worries me is the money it costs to deliver to sweden, 50$ :( not sure if its worth the money...

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 23, 2012, 01:02 PM
Sorry but what were you selling?? The thing that worries me is the money it costs to deliver to sweden, 50$ :( not sure if its worth the money...

No, let me explain. What I meant was if you, having an account of Ebay, wanted to sell a used item or something which you could easily put a few Kronas in your pocket, you could easily place an ad with pictures and a full explanation. To give you an idea, bought a Microsoft TouchMouse and just couldn't get used to the idea of swiping my finger all over it, so I posted an ad for it on Ebay. A guy in Brazil eventually bought it, and Paypal paid me. The other file was about selling, the one you have concerns buying.

Regarding the price of the freight, which I too believe is high, do this -- look for any more modern video card as if you were going to buy it. You'll notice there will be many vendors selling it. Compare their freight rates to Sweden and see what you come up with. For simply browsing, no login or password are needed -- that's required only if you buy or sell. You can also get rates online from carriers such as UPS, Fedex or DHL for (for example), a 1-kg box which measures 20 x 10 x 7 cm, from Texas, USA to your city. If you see that the freight rates are significantly lower, you can write this vendor an e-mail and complain about that. Remember, he wants to sell the card and he'll probably go with a better freight rate if one exists.

Naturally all this assumes you've looked all over the net and haven't found the damn thing anywhere, and that absolutely no other card will do the job.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 24, 2012, 02:53 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 23, 2012, 01:02 PM
Well, there is a card with almost exactly the same name, so that comes up instead of the one i am searching for.. So i think ill wait instead for the new 600 series from nvidia. As my graphics card isnt a small form factor, only single slot..(My card is better than the currently ones comming out from nvidia's 600 series thats single slot).. i think it will be cheaper this way, not sure

BLADESHARK

�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 24, 2012, 08:42 AM
Well, there is a card with almost exactly the same name, so that comes up instead of the one i am searching for.. So i think ill wait instead for the new 600 series from nvidia. As my graphics card isnt a small form factor, only single slot..(My card is better than the currently ones comming out from nvidia's 600 series thats single slot).. i think it will be cheaper this way, not sure

I'm curious about something. Clearly they no longer make the Geforce 545 that you were looking for. If they did, many vendors online would have it. What cards, if any, does Nvidia make that are on the market today which you could use? If the 600 series isn't as good as the one you currently have, why wait for it at all?

Any chance an ATI Radeon card could be of use to you, or you're just not an ATI fan? I've been using AMD products and their ATI cards forever without much of a problem.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 26, 2012, 05:19 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 24, 2012, 08:42 AM
Well if i tell you the real part, is that i dont know how to search on their website as there are tons of cards but i dont know what the numbers mean, like; 5656 for example that could be anything i guess, like a top graphics card, when the 7070 can be the worst ever.
And i think its too little info about their cards. Other wise i am an AMD/ATI fan