• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Maher's XP download

Started by chantegras, April 21, 2012, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chantegras

Hi Maher,
I just downloaded your latest (I think) Windows XP pack (with April updates).
When I try to do a clean install, I get this message:
   file setupdd.sys could not be loaded
   The error code is 8192
I've no idea what this means or what the problem is (I'm not very good with computers). The install aborted.
Any ideas?
With thanks,
Chantegras

Ahmad

Hi chantegras. :)

From what I know, this kind of problems is caused by one of these :

1- Uncompleted or corrupted download >>  Download the ISO file completely and seed for a while.
To be sure you have downloaded Maher's April XP ISO file completely, check the MD5 hash of ISO file >> It must be this:

Code (MD5 hash of April XP ISO file) Select
1875A903A3F7FF8972BFF54B5E6DAC55

You can download Maher's April XP from here as a torrent:
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7186404/Microsoft_Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_Integrated_April_2012

2- Burning at high speed >> Try burning the ISO file at lower speed (4x).
3- Check the cable of your DVD, it may be corrupted.

Good luck.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

chantegras

Hi Ahmed,
Thank you so much for your advice.
I'm having just one minor doubt: you mention a DVD. I used a CD. Should I be using a DVD or will a CD do the job?
Thanks and best wishes,
CG

Shadow.97

Quote from: chantegras on April 22, 2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Ahmed,
Thank you so much for your advice.
I'm having just one minor doubt: you mention a DVD. I used a CD. Should I be using a DVD or will a CD do the job?
Thanks and best wishes,
CG
Im not an expert on this but, does the disc have enough space?? Otherwise use a DVD+R 4.7gb, 1-16x speed disc, thats what i used so i can almost guarantee that it will work. Dont listen to me, listen to the people who knows the stuff ;)

Ahmad

@ chantegras.  :)

It doesn't matter, buddy. CD or DVD will do the job.
BUT of course when burning a CD, you choose burn CD, and when burning a DVD, you choose burn DVD.  [Lower Burning Speed is recommended]

I think it's a problem of burning at high speeds or a cable problem.
Anyway, may be I'm wrong and someone knows better than me will reply.

I hope your problems will be solved.
Good luck.  :)  :D

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on April 22, 2012, 02:23 PM
@ chantegras.  :)
It doesn't matter, buddy. CD or DVD will do the job.
BUT of course when burning a CD, you choose burn CD, and when burning a DVD, you choose burn DVD.  [Lower Burning Speed is recommended]
I think it's a problem of burning at high speeds or a cable problem.
Anyway, may be I'm wrong and someone knows better than me will reply.
I hope your problems will be solved.
Good luck.  :)  :D

I'm not exactly sure why, but I've never had a problem burning something at high speed. One thing I always do and recommend to everyone -- always tell your burning software to verify after burning. What happens it that it compares the new info on the just-burned CD to that on the hard drive, and lets you know if some difference exists. This HAS happened to me.

fankoosh

could be corrupted download of iso file or high speed while burning iso , always burn at 4X on CD for winxp & use CDBurnerXP a nice tool to burn xp > google & search it or u can use nero or ultraiso

humbert

Quote from: fankoosh on April 24, 2012, 12:20 AM
could be corrupted download of iso file or high speed while burning iso , always burn at 4X on CD for winxp & use CDBurnerXP a nice tool to burn xp > google & search it or u can use nero or ultraiso

A corrupted ISO file I'd believe, simply because verification only compares what's on the HD with what was just burned. If a problem happened due to high speed, almost for sure verifying would pick it up. Maximum speed burning has never been a problem for me, for some reason.

Ahmad

I also had no problems with burning at high speeds.
BUT when there is a problem, we recommend the best thing to do.

Also, the most accurate way is to compare the hash of the ISO file with the value that our leader wrote on April XP page on SoftArchive ;;;  If they are identical, then no problems with the ISO file and then, it may be a burning problem.

Here, he'd better burn at low speed to avoid errors and verify after burning is recommended to be sure that burning had no problems.

If he did all of that and problems are still present, it may be a cable problem and then, CHANGE the cable and try again.

I'm saying that because I can't determine the exact cause for that, even if it happened with me, I'll do the same steps until I reach the cause.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on April 24, 2012, 02:20 AM
Maximum speed burning has never been a problem for me, for some reason.
Which DVD ROM do you have? :P
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�