• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Links

Started by qqwwee123, May 15, 2012, 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on May 26, 2012, 04:49 AM
It is our obligation to respect them as much as we respect each other, and similarly, it's their obligation to respect whatever way we choose. As Ahmad said once, it is Allah and not us who decides how to deal with them.

This is the most important thing..
In life, everyone has free choice to choose his own beliefs and religion, but all must respect each other to make life goes on.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on May 26, 2012, 05:52 AM
It is our obligation to respect them as much as we respect each other, and similarly, it's their obligation to respect whatever way we choose. As Ahmad said once, it is Allah and not us who decides how to deal with them.
This is the most important thing..
In life, everyone has free choice to choose his own beliefs and religion, but all must respect each other to make life goes on.

I totally agree. To give you an idea, now on the 9th I have to make another trip to Mexico, only this time for a wedding. The respective families are Catholic, but rarely do you see them go to mass on Sunday or follow their religion's dictates. Yet, for them, having the bride get married in a non-religious ceremony is unthinkable! Similarly, my sister's boyfriend is Jewish as I may have mentioned before. Despite the fact that the Jewish religion, just like Islam, strictly forbids pork and all related products (such as ham), he accompanies my sister to Christmas Eve celebrations where, in my Latin culture, it's common to cook a pig. Her Jewish boyfriend easily puts away 1 or 2 plates of pork like drinking water, with no feeling of guilt or anything similar.

Notice that in the above examples, nobody does harm to everyone and all desire only to live in peace with their neighbors, and naturally they do not proselytize their beliefs (or lack of them). All the more reason respect is critical. It is, in fact, the backbone of friendship.