• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

I am from Sweden

Started by Shadow.97, April 10, 2012, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubster

LOL...how the honk did my introduction end up in this thread and not in the "introduce yourself" thread?!?!? I apologize for that mistake.

@Humbert
QuoteBTW, if you're looking for pr0n, I'll send you a Dropbox link for "torrent searcher". I found this freeware proggie by accident and, believe me, with this you can get anything out there. I leeched so many full featured and complete pr0n movies that there are some which came down in February that I still haven't had the time to look at!! And if you really like it, I suggest you run out and get the biggest USB hard drive you can afford ;).
Who says I don't already have that hard drive? (Damn..better stop now before I get labeled...Perv of the Site!)

When it comes to the names that IKEA uses, they are often names of persons, or areas/villages/places here in sweden. Stornäs as you mention you can find on 9 different location hee in sweden. The name can be broken down though, and then it becomes Stor = Big and Näs = Isthmus (is a narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas usually with water on either side). So it will then mean a big strip of land that goes out into the water, which is probably how the area looked when they named it.
Oh..and Malm means Ore
Also, I think it is sad that they don't give the employees some introduction to the swedish language...a simple course on a CD at least. Then I thnk it is very common for having guys coming over from sweden to start up the stores in all corners of the world, and train a couple of locals to take over and run the place.
Lingoberry....lol..yep, that is addictive!

@Maher
Thank you very much! Pretty sure that you can find some store where you can buy stuff online too, if you dont' have any stores close to yo anymore!  ;)
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!

humbert

Quote from: Bubster on June 05, 2012, 04:00 PM
LOL...how the honk did my introduction end up in this thread and not in the "introduce yourself" thread?!?!? I apologize for that mistake.

Apology? C'mon, man!! Incidentally, thanks for poining that out. I'm going to listen to your voice again because I was so concentrated on correctly pronouncing those vowels that mentally I tuned out everything else. I'll have to be when I get back - it's already 22:05 here and I gotta get up early. I'm not Ahmad or Bladeshark who can easily stay days awake and not even know it  :) - I've seen them online at 3:00am their time.

BTW, if you're looking for pr0n, I'll send you a Dropbox link for "torrent searcher". I found this freeware proggie by accident and, believe me, with this you can get anything out there. I leeched so many full featured and complete pr0n movies that there are some which came down in February that I still haven't had the time to look at!! And if you really like it, I suggest you run out and get the biggest USB hard drive you can afford ;).
Who says I don't already have that hard drive? (Damn..better stop now before I get labeled...Perv of the Site!)

Hey, I'm a pervert and I make no effort to hide it.  :)  So relax and enjoy it.  :) ;) :)

When it comes to the names that IKEA uses, they are often names of persons, or areas/villages/places here in sweden. Stornäs as you mention you can find on 9 different location hee in sweden. The name can be broken down though, and then it becomes Stor = Big and Näs = Isthmus (is a narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas usually with water on either side). So it will then mean a big strip of land that goes out into the water, which is probably how the area looked when they named it.
Oh..and Malm means Ore
Also, I think it is sad that they don't give the employees some introduction to the swedish language...a simple course on a CD at least. Then I thnk it is very common for having guys coming over from sweden to start up the stores in all corners of the world, and train a couple of locals to take over and run the place.
Lingoberry....lol..yep, that is addictive!

Yes, I'm familiar with ithmuses. In fact my first marriage took place years ago in the Isthmus of Panama (look at Google maps and you'll see what I mean) -- big mistake, too young, too naive. Thanks for the explanation regarding those names. Excuse me, you did say I eat my meals on a big isthus the Ingvar family sold me, right?  :)  Incidentally, here as I type I am sitting on a chair that also has a wierd name, I just can't remember it. The one to my left is a Tusla (I hope I got the spelling right).

Regarding languages, let me ask you this -- would you like to me elaborate on the meaning of the phrase "this isn't Europe", or do you think you know? If not I'll gladly explain in detail when I get back.

Regarding your comments to the chief and his to you, be advised my wife's first encounter with an Ikea store happened when she spent nearly 9 months in Toronto, Canada, studying there before we met. When she came to Miami to live with me, she asked if there was an Ikea there. I was clueless as to what she meant. A few years later, big announcement: Ikea will open a branch in Sunrise (see map). She was tickled to death! When we finally went to see it and had lunch there, I never looked back. :)

Bubster

BTW, if you're looking for pr0n, I'll send you a Dropbox link for "torrent searcher". I found this freeware proggie by accident and, believe me, with this you can get anything out there. I leeched so many full featured and complete pr0n movies that there are some which came down in February that I still haven't had the time to look at!! And if you really like it, I suggest you run out and get the biggest USB hard drive you can afford ;).

Hey, I'm a pervert and I make no effort to hide it.  :)  So relax and enjoy it.  :) ;) :)

Phew, god to know that I'm not the only one  8) (Oh dammit...just admitted it again....gonna shut it now!) :-X

Yes, I'm familiar with ithmuses. In fact my first marriage took place years ago in the Isthmus of Panama (look at Google maps and you'll see what I mean) -- big mistake, too young, too naive. Thanks for the explanation regarding those names. Excuse me, you did say I eat my meals on a big isthus the Ingvar family sold me, right?  :)  Incidentally, here as I type I am sitting on a chair that also has a wierd name, I just can't remember it. The one to my left is a Tusla (I hope I got the spelling right).
Never heard of ahything called Tusla, and I tried to look it up, but nothing on IKEA...ad Google keeps sending me off to Tulsa!

QuoteRegarding languages, let me ask you this -- would you like to me elaborate on the meaning of the phrase "this isn't Europe", or do you think you know? If not I'll gladly explain in detail when I get back.
Nope, not sure of that one at all. Looking forward to see your elaboration of it.

QuoteRegarding your comments to the chief and his to you, be advised my wife's first encounter with an Ikea store happened when she spent nearly 9 months in Toronto, Canada, studying there before we met. When she came to Miami to live with me, she asked if there was an Ikea there. I was clueless as to what she meant. A few years later, big announcement: Ikea will open a branch in Sunrise (see map). She was tickled to death! When we finally went to see it and had lunch there, I never looked back. :)
Yay. Lucky you! But now I have to let you on to a little secret....so, psst, don't tell anyone else. I actually hate the IKEA stores!!! The furniture are crap (well, not crap but there are so many better things out there that is already assembled when you get them), the stores are horrible (laid out like a big animal pen, that only leads one way) and finally the crowd of people that is always cluttering the store!
The stores outside the swedish borders are a little bit more fun though since the have a food section that we don't have. But it doesn't make up on how I feel about the stores in general though.  :P

Oh dang it...I said it out loud!!
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!

humbert

Quote from: Bubster on June 06, 2012, 03:58 PM
Phew, god to know that I'm not the only one  8) (Oh dammit...just admitted it again....gonna shut it now!) :-X

The only difference between us and many others who live on this planet is that we don't lie -- they do.  :) ;)

Never heard of ahything called Tusla, and I tried to look it up, but nothing on IKEA...ad Google keeps sending me off to Tulsa!

This is a spelling error on my part. To make matters worse, I tried to open Ikea's web site to check and the whole thing was in Russian! The search only accepted Cyrillic characters. I'll let you know more when I return. I don't have the luxury of using HideMyAss, this is my old lady's laptop and she prefers Google Chrome  :( \ .

Regarding languages, let me ask you this -- would you like to me elaborate on the meaning of the phrase "this isn't Europe", or do you think you know? If not I'll gladly explain in detail when I get back.
Nope, not sure of that one at all. Looking forward to see your elaboration of it.

I'll let you know when I get home. Here am am sitting somewhat uncomfortably in the kitchen and it takes a bit of typing. Believe me I'll let you know.

Yay. Lucky you! But now I have to let you on to a little secret....so, psst, don't tell anyone else. I actually hate the IKEA stores!!! The furniture are crap (well, not crap but there are so many better things out there that is already assembled when you get them), the stores are horrible (laid out like a big animal pen, that only leads one way) and finally the crowd of people that is always cluttering the store!

As for the furniture being lousy, it's all a question of "you get what you pay for". For example, the Ingvar family wanted $643 for the mattress I sleep on (this is a king size bed). There were "better" mattress out there, the only problem was I simply couldn't afford them, so I went with their offer. Add to this that they also offered me a bed frame that's like a rectangular box where the mattress drops into and fits it. For me this is perfect because the mattress can't move, it says firmly embedded in that rectangle. I searched all over San Antonio for something similar and couldn't find it anywhere. Only Ikea had EXACTLY what I was looking for. Also, I wouldn't say their decoration is all that bad, in fact I actually like the ideal way the redistribute space. Also, as bad as their merchandise may be, so far I have no reason to call to complain about anything. My computer chair is so far the most comfortable one I ever owned - and I bought it on impulse. I was there and just saw it, so I sat on it. I stood up and said, "I'll take it".

I'm surprised there is no food at the Ikea stores there. Ikea without that great food is like Christmas without Santa Claus. :)

And as I said before, in all Ikea stores at the main entrance, there is a huge flag on a pole with a gold nordic cross and blue field. I'm only saying this because somehow I think you may have seen it somewhere before. Who knows, you might even be familiar with the nation, and most importantly the people who own that flag on that pole.   

Take care,
Humbert