• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Firefox Add-ons

Started by Ahmad, May 17, 2012, 02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on June 08, 2012, 01:27 AM
Hey! To clarify - I was making a joke all along  :). When I informed you that Maxthon wasn't new, I did it in a very facetious manner so we would all enjoy a laugh.  :) ;) All I achieved was to create a misunderstanding.
BTW, I love this way, and I always do it here with whom I know.

I think it's important for all of us, myself included, to keep in mind that the form of communication we are using is very prone to misunderstandings. Humans communicate through body language first and spoken language second. Sadly we don't have that luxury. Also, remember that English is our link language. If there is anyone among us who can claim that Engish is their first language, would he (or she) raise his hand.

Totally with you. Often, we understand each other by just looking, not necessary to speak.
Also, regarding language, many times, I can't say exactly what I mean [I can do that very well in Arabic].

Concerning Maxthon, let me give you a tip. See if you can get yourself a copy of the classic version (1.69 I think). This first version is truly lean and mean, and was, in fact, the very first one to ever offer some sort of ad and popup blocking software. Sadly, Maxthon went the way of Nero and added an unbelievable amount of bloat to their browser, so as to make it unusable. This is precisely why I love Firefox -- it comes blank and gives you the opportunity to add whatever bloat you like and stay away from bloat you don't like.

You're right. I noticed that Maxthon has features I don't need.
Actually Mozilla has "Sea Monkey" for those who want such things in a browser. But also, they have just a browser for others. So they satisfy every taste.

BTW, I had no clue you got on the internet just a year ago. You've done unbelievably well and have surpassed the vast majority of the population in the knowledge of it. My congratulations.  (DO take this seriiously)  :)

To be precise, I have internet for 2 years + 2 months. But sometimes I can't notice, time going on [I asked my brother about the exact period to tell you]. Plus I feel as if I'm still new, and I think 2 years are not enough to know enough about internet beginning from scratch. It's like an ocean !!
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Ahmad on June 08, 2012, 04:03 AM
Hey! To clarify - I was making a joke all along  :). When I informed you that Maxthon wasn't new, I did it in a very facetious manner so we would all enjoy a laugh.  :) ;) All I achieved was to create a misunderstanding.
BTW, I love this way, and I always do it here with whom I know.

I think it's important for all of us, myself included, to keep in mind that the form of communication we are using is very prone to misunderstandings. Humans communicate through body language first and spoken language second. Sadly we don't have that luxury. Also, remember that English is our link language. If there is anyone among us who can claim that Engish is their first language, would he (or she) raise his hand.

Totally with you. Often, we understand each other by just looking, not necessary to speak.
Also, regarding language, many times, I can't say exactly what I mean [I can do that very well in Arabic].

Concerning Maxthon, let me give you a tip. See if you can get yourself a copy of the classic version (1.69 I think). This first version is truly lean and mean, and was, in fact, the very first one to ever offer some sort of ad and popup blocking software. Sadly, Maxthon went the way of Nero and added an unbelievable amount of bloat to their browser, so as to make it unusable. This is precisely why I love Firefox -- it comes blank and gives you the opportunity to add whatever bloat you like and stay away from bloat you don't like.

You're right. I noticed that Maxthon has features I don't need.
Actually Mozilla has "Sea Monkey" for those who want such things in a browser. But also, they have just a browser for others. So they satisfy every taste.

BTW, I had no clue you got on the internet just a year ago. You've done unbelievably well and have surpassed the vast majority of the population in the knowledge of it. My congratulations.  (DO take this seriiously)  :)

To be precise, I have internet for 2 years + 2 months. But sometimes I can't notice, time going on [I asked my brother about the exact period to tell you]. Plus I feel as if I'm still new, and I think 2 years are not enough to know enough about internet beginning from scratch. It's like an ocean !!
Hey sorry if i am hopping in a little bit. But i have been trying out Maxthon for about 2 weeks now, and i must say i think i will abandon FireFox. For these reasons; 1 Private browsing in different windows without having to close the other windows. And the ability to stream from Fear.FM directly to the nice sidebar to the left(really love it). And the clear layout. And, best of all The syncing to my phone/school pc!! Its also pretty fast on most of the sites :O. What i really hate with it(Maxthon)!On some pages like my schools website takes years and years and years to load! really slow.. and.. the top bar(where the tabs are) is hard to quick-grab and pull to other locations on the screen(you can change it but then the whole layout gets weird :( ) And also the thing i missed in FireFox, 64bit support :(

Ahmad

@ Shadow.97 :)

For me, other reasons not to use Maxthon is that I couldn't integrate IDM with it. Also, I need some important add-ons which I can't find with Maxthon.
Plus, Firefox is faster with my slow internet speed.

If I put the 3 browsers in order, then it'll be like this:
Firefox >> Chrome >> Maxthon

This is just my opinion.  :D

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Ahmad on June 11, 2012, 01:28 AM
reasons not to use Maxthon is that I couldn't integrate IDM with it.
Hie Ahmad 8) [Long time no see same as Humbert & topdog]
Haven't you tried to click the button "Add Browser" in IDM options. ???
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 13, 2012, 08:04 AM
Hie Ahmad 8) [Long time no see same as Humbert & topdog]
Haven't you tried to click the button "Add Browser" in IDM options. ???

Really, no. I didn't notice that.
Anyway, I won't use any browser other than Firefox.
I made a final decision.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on June 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
Really, no. I didn't notice that.
Anyway, I won't use any browser other than Firefox.
I made a final decision.

I totally agree! If you feel the need, simply use that IE add-on for those sites that insist on it. You know something? It's been quite a while since I've run into any of those site.

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on June 14, 2012, 01:54 AM
It's been quite a while since I've run into any of those site.
Me too.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Ahmad on June 14, 2012, 09:16 AM
Me too.
http://rsskoldata.com/ never got it to work with FF

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 15, 2012, 01:45 PM
http://rsskoldata.com/ never got it to work with FF
Whats the problem it runs great except for the language. ???

BLADESHARK

F****** Indian sites run only on IE8 or IE6 >:(
just frustrates me even more >:(