• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Firefox Add-ons

Started by Ahmad, May 17, 2012, 02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Ahmad, when you get a chance do me a small favor. Open another tab and go into the add-ons manager, then do a search for a persona named 'First Sentence'. To find it, go to any add-on page and at the top, click 'Personas" then just search. It has something written in Arabic and i'm wondering what it says. I assume this is a phrase because as you read from right to left, not all the letters are connected, which tells me these are words. You don't have to install it, just highlight it so you can read it.

I don't know if you're aware of the fact that you can check out how a persona looks on your browser by just mousing over it. Firefox will become like that persona until you simply remove the mouse cursor, then it'll come back to how it was before. I don't know if in your case it might require the Personas Plus add-on. My Firefox doesn't have it and the personas still work. I recommend that you check out one called 'Electric Chaos'. This one is amazing! On the top right of Firefox there are lightning bolts flashing. These aren't just pictures of lightning - it actually flashes. i installed it immediately.

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on June 30, 2012, 01:18 AM
Ahmad, when you get a chance do me a small favor. Open another tab and go into the add-ons manager, then do a search for a persona named 'First Sentence'. To find it, go to any add-on page and at the top, click 'Personas" then just search. It has something written in Arabic and i'm wondering what it says. I assume this is a phrase because as you read from right to left, not all the letters are connected, which tells me these are words. You don't have to install it, just highlight it so you can read it.

If you mean this one (Here), then you're right.. The sentence is in Arabic and it equals "In The Name Of Allah".
It's the first verse in The Holy Qur'an, also, we say it before doing anything.

Thanks for the "Electric Chaos" persona. It's awesome and I liked it. :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on July 01, 2012, 02:21 AM
If you mean this one (Here), then you're right.. The sentence is in Arabic and it equals "In The Name Of Allah".
It's the first verse in The Holy Qur'an, also, we say it before doing anything.

That's exactly the one! Thanks for all that additional information you gave me about the phrase, as well as the translation.

Quote from: Ahmad on July 01, 2012, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the "Electric Chaos" persona. It's awesome and I liked it. :)

As you know, there are tons and tons of personas on their site. This one is above them all! I've yet to see another where the things on it actually move or flash - most of them are pretty pictures of flowers and other stuff. I immediately installed Electric Chaos on my Firefox.

Ahmad

You're welcome buddy.  :)

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.