• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nawab

Windows 8 Enterprise Phone Activation

If you have installed Windows 8 Enterprise Edition, you will now want to activate it. There are two ways to do it. One via the Internet and other by using the Phone.

• Open Up The Command Prompt With Admin Rights. Search For CMD On The Start Menu
  • Type "SLUI.EXE 4" (Without Quotes) And Hit Enter
  • This Will Open The Windows Activation Dialog Box
  • Select Your Country From The Drop-Down Menu And Click Next
Here You Will Get Some Toll-Free Phone Numbers Which You Should Call. You Will Be Asked To Give The Numbers To The Other Person, Who Will In Turn Give You A Confirmation ID, Which You'll Need To Enter. Once Done, Click "Activate". Once Activated, You May Wish To View The Licensing Status And Activation ID Of Your Windows 8 With "slmgr.vbs".

Please Note:-

You Can Follow This Procedure For Activation Of Windows 7 And Windows Vista.

Thanks Maher For The Inspiration :)
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

There Is No God But Allah And Muhammad Is The Messenger Of Allah

The Nawab

If you have installed Windows 8 Enterprise Edition, you will now want to activate it. There are two ways to do it. One via the Internet and other by using the Phone.

• Open Up The Command Prompt With Admin Rights. Search For CMD On The Start Menu
  • Type "SLUI.EXE 4" (Without Quotes) And Hit Enter
  • This Will Open The Windows Activation Dialog Box
  • Select Your Country From The Drop-Down Menu And Click Next
Here You Will Get Some Toll-Free Phone Numbers Which You Should Call. You Will Be Asked To Give The Numbers To The Other Person, Who Will In Turn Give You A Confirmation ID, Which You'll Need To Enter. Once Done, Click "Activate". Once Activated, You May Wish To View The Licensing Status And Activation ID Of Your Windows 8 With "slmgr.vbs".

Please Note:-

You Can Follow This Procedure For Activation Of Windows 7 And Windows Vista.

Source:- http://forum.technoroles.com/threads/windows-8-enterprise-phone-activation.52/

Shadow.97

Does it cost to call, for example dial up/minute price as i guess it is not in every country i have to pay the bill to them and back and that would be around 1-1.5 dollars each minute?
I remember when my mom called my granddad, he lives in the Philippians(cant spell it) it costed 100sek for a 1 minute call ( about 13$)

humbert

Quote from: The Nawab on August 22, 2012, 03:16 PM

Will this work for those copies of Windows 8 you download from TPB or elsewhere, or do actually have to go out and BUY Windows (eecchh...) :(

Shadow - regarding your post about calling M$oft - when I visited Europe around 5 years aso I bought a telephone card which made the price of calling home very affordable. It's entirely possible that the cheapest card will be cheaper than calling from your home phone.

humbert

Do you have Windows 8 up and running on at least one of your PC's? Did you buy it? What are your overall impressions? In your opinion is it worth upgrading - at least right now?

If you did install it, how difficult is the Metro interface?

The Nawab

@Shadow.97, Toll-Free

@humbert, I Think Leaked Copies Will Work

Maher

@Nawab
Thank you.

@Humbert
Man, it's a dream! I love it.
It's very easy, not as everyone thought that it would be difficult.
Switching between the regular desktop and the metro interface is done in just 1 click of keyboard or mouse.
It's the fastest OS I've ever used! Search youtube for reviews, you'll find lots of videos there.

By the way, you can have it for only $14.99 if you apply!
Check this site:
https://windowsupgradeoffer.com/
You know I don't buy :P I downloaded the leaked MSDN ISO, then I managed to activate by phone using a leaked key.
I recommend upgrading, but after October 26th when it's available to everyone ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Nawab, you forgot to mention 1 very important thing!
To get this method to work, you need a MAK (Multiple Activation Key).
Lots of MAK keys leaked online, but most of them are already blacklisted by Microsoft.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

Why not check out full-packs.com. These guys have the latest Win8 activation information as well as which keys are working as of what date, which KMS servers are up (if any). And all kinds of updated information on W8 downloads and activation.

I think I'll probably wait another month before taking the plunge.

humbert

Quote from: Maher on August 24, 2012, 01:30 AM
@Humbert
Man, it's a dream! I love it.
It's very easy, not as everyone thought that it would be difficult.
Switching between the regular desktop and the metro interface is done in just 1 click of keyboard or mouse.
It's the fastest OS I've ever used! Search youtube for reviews, you'll find lots of videos there.

Yes, I'm seeing you and Nawab are giving it very good reviews, which will prompt me to take the plunge a little sooner than anticipated. Just a few more questions - is any tile removable (or unpinnable) from the Metro interface, or are there some you can't remove? Can you remove your name in the upper right hand corner?

Was this a clean install or could you simply install it over 7 and keep the apps and configuration preferences?

Quote from: Maher on August 24, 2012, 01:30 AM
By the way, you can have it for only $14.99 if you apply!
Check this site:
https://windowsupgradeoffer.com/
You know I don't buy :P I downloaded the leaked MSDN ISO, then I managed to activate by phone using a leaked key.
I recommend upgrading, but after October 26th when it's available to everyone ;)

I checked the site. This is only for those people who a few months ago bought a PC with Win7 preloaded (not my situation). Oh, and what difference is there between an MSDN copy and one which doesn't have that acronym on it?

I'll take you up on your advice and wait until 26/10 to upgrade.