• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Moving Data from One Computer to Another

Started by humbert, September 11, 2011, 06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on July 25, 2012, 09:56 PM
You are not need to set up gateway in this network configuration. The gateway is... well, gateway. :) A semi-passable bridge between two networks of different ranks. So, router, as in your example, is particular type of gateway. And if you use simple switch, you are not need to set a gateway setting.

So if it's just a switch with no IP address, no default gateway is necessary. OK

Connection via crossed cable is not like an other network connection. i am not recommended this type of connection because if your computers are not grounded, and if they plugged in different phases of power line, then you can get an electrical potential of a half power voltage on pc case, e.g. 110V. Sometimes it may be very unpleasure, esp. if you touch case's bare metall.  ;D And this voltage also can damage your network adapters. If you connects computers with  X-cab, they should be powered from one "pilot".

I'm glad you mentioned this. I've noticed that in most of Europe they use what is called the "Type C" electric plug. This is just 2 prongs, not grounded. In America we use the "Type B" plug which has 3 prongs, one for grounding (see pics on electricaloutlet.org). Since ours is grounded, I don't see how using a crossed cable would be a problem. What you've explained makes sense in Europe where if one of the 2 connected computers has a short in the power supply, it's kill the other one too. This is unless you know something I don't.

If talk about "for Motherland, for Stalin" yell, this was like a pray at that time. For soviet peoples Uncle Joe was like a God at time of War. Today this yell is like an warlike shout "O'kay, bros, let's do it!" in America.  :D
And do not believe the films. Stalingrad battle (and War in Russia) was much more horrible.

I understand what you mean. The Stalingrad movie showed some serious stuff. Among them was that there weren't enough rifles for everyone, so they took 3 young recruits with 1 rifle and were told that when the guy with the rifle was killed, one of the others would pick up the rifle and shoot, until he was killed.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on July 26, 2012, 07:21 AM
I'm glad you mentioned this. I've noticed that in most of Europe they use what is called the "Type C" electric plug. This is just 2 prongs, not grounded. In America we use the "Type B" plug which has 3 prongs, one for grounding (see pics on electricaloutlet.org). Since ours is grounded, I don't see how using a crossed cable would be a problem. What you've explained makes sense in Europe where if one of the 2 connected computers has a short in the power supply, it's kill the other one too. This is unless you know something I don't.
Ohh, yes. ::) How I can forget, in US you are using a 3-pin plugs...  :D Yes, here in Russia in old houses we are often use a C-type plug, and most of all wall outlets are C-type. In new offices and buildings there is normal F-outlets, or, as they calls in Russia, "euro-outlets". And in old buildings for grounding new electronic we must buy a special "pilots" with "fake" ground, or tweak an outlets with a little screwdriver magic.  ;D

Quote from: humbert on July 26, 2012, 07:21 AM
I understand what you mean. The Stalingrad movie showed some serious stuff. Among them was that there weren't enough rifles for everyone, so they took 3 young recruits with 1 rifle and were told that when the guy with the rifle was killed, one of the others would pick up the rifle and shoot, until he was killed.
Humbert, for talking about this, let's go to "General Talk" topic. Because here is topic about computers, talking about War, Stalin and other such things may be incorrect here. It's incorrect to flooding in a topic about specific subject, isn't it? :)

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on July 26, 2012, 08:34 AM
Ohh, yes. ::) How I can forget, in US you are using a 3-pin plugs...  :D Yes, here in Russia in old houses we are often use a C-type plug, and most of all wall outlets are C-type. In new offices and buildings there is normal F-outlets, or, as they calls in Russia, "euro-outlets". And in old buildings for grounding new electronic we must buy a special "pilots" with "fake" ground, or tweak an outlets with a little screwdriver magic.  ;D

I know what you mean. Here the A plug once reigned supreme, then the government stepped in and declared them illegal. Now only very old houses have an A plug which, as you can see from the diagram, has no ground connection. For the same reason, all type C plugs will be supplanted by type F. It's just safer and not much more expensive.

dell143

Use IP Messenger Software

IP Messenger is a pop up style LAN message communication software
   for multi platforms. It is based on TCP and UDP/IP.

- This software does not require server machine.

- Folder/file transfer (ver2.00 or later)

- RSA/Blofish Encryption of commnication data (ver2.00 or later)
Please check the URL addresses below.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~vz4h-sruz/ipmsg-eng.html

dell143

IP Messenger

- IP Messenger is a pop up style LAN message communication software

- This software does not require server machine.

- Folder/file transfer (ver2.00 or later)

- RSA/Blofish Encryption of commnication data (ver2.00 or later)

- Simple, lightweight, and free software :-)

Please check the URL addresses below.
       http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~vz4h-sruz/ipmsg-eng.html

The Nawab

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

There Is No God But Allah And Muhammad Is The Messenger Of Allah

humbert

Quote from: dell143 on August 24, 2012, 01:32 PM
Use IP Messenger Software
IP Messenger is a pop up style LAN message communication software

Thanks for the tip. Let me ask you - is this thing portable? Is it necessary to open a port on the router for it to work in an internal LAN? I'm asking because if it's a simple matter of transferring some files from my computer to somebody else's, the very last thing I want to do is install software of their system. This wouldn't be necessary with Total Commander assuming I had a USB transfer cable.