Author Topic: What games are you playing?  (Read 125804 times)

December 13, 2020, 12:20 PM
Reply #370
  • Global Moderator
Note that some repacks were updated.

Amnesia Rebirth – new size: 8.06 Gb (2 Gb smaller). To get such a small size, the size of the textures was reduced. It’s visually unnoticeable.
I tested this game. And my favorite one among the frictional games is still Penumbra black Plague (with Soma).
The Amnesia games aren't for everyone. That lack of agency, along with the bleak, hopeless stories the studio crafts, can't be described as "fun." And Amnesia Rebirth goes back to The Dark Descent's roots by creating something meant to haunt your nightmares.
https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg35986#msg35986

Outlast 2 new size – 9.58 GB (200 Mb smaller)
https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg29111#msg29111

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:31 PM by scarface »

December 21, 2020, 06:18 PM
Reply #371
Highly recommend checking out Epic Games store for all the free games they are giving out. AAA titles, one free per day right now.

January 20, 2021, 05:56 AM
Reply #372
  • Global Moderator
Note that the repack of Sonic 2 HD is available on the forum here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg35612#msg35612
It replaces the repack "Sonic Mania". Maybe shadow.97, aa1234779 or Vasudev know the original game Sonic 2. You can test it, this is an unfinished game but  an unprecedented remake of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, with high definition (HD) graphics and remixed music while strictly preserving the original gameplay.

February 16, 2021, 10:40 PM
Reply #373
Been playing Rimworld lately.

It's my dream game in a way. I'd love to make a very elaborate mod for it.
It has a lot of mechanics that I always wanted to have in a game.

Sadly their implementation geared for me.

But still, decent game. Played 80 hours in 14 days. Takes around 5~10 hours to actually get into the game and understand it enough to enjoy.

February 17, 2021, 05:24 PM
Reply #374
  • Global Moderator
Note that a new repack is available on the forum, with the 4 games "The room".

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/JBdwiLpK#qns1EpMP0L8oGYAUcpmcFA

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:54 PM by scarface »

February 25, 2021, 11:20 PM
Reply #375
Maybe you've heard of Valheim?

It's a viking "mmo" with up to 10 people on a server, where you survive, and beat bosses together.
It's like minecraft, terraria, and raft had a baby.

When logging in to steam some nice person in my friendslist had given the game to me. I thought it would be bad.
To my surprise this is probably the best polished game I have seen in a long while. Although there's not a billion amounts of content, that's okay. The things that are there are beautiful, decently simple, and engaging.
No massive issues, no crashing, and no "getting stuck" everywhere. I've heard desyncs exist, but havn't had them myself. It matters a lot that everyone in the party/game has good internet, as the person who first joins a region will be in charge of syncing all animals and items etc. Even if the game is server-based.

I've came to expect games to have extreme issues on launch. This was not one of those games.

Im unsure if I think it deserves the extremely good reception it has had, but it definitely does not-not deserve it.

February 26, 2021, 06:32 PM
Reply #376
  • Global Moderator
Maybe you've heard of Valheim?
It's a viking "mmo" with up to 10 people on a server, where you survive, and beat bosses together.
It's like minecraft, terraria, and raft had a baby.
No I haven't.
I heard of minecraft but I don't know what it is.
Note that a new repack of the frictional games will be available soon for those who like Soma or Penumbra. I know that Vasudev told us that Penumbra might be too scary for him, but I like this game and its mods.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 06:38 PM by scarface »

February 27, 2021, 08:23 AM
Reply #377
  • Global Moderator
Note that a new repack for the Frictional games is available here: https://mega.nz/folder/wYsAiAjJ#0HcBkUEr44ujsays88a1mw
Former size: 8.95 Gb. New size: 8.42 Gb.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 04:36 PM by scarface »

February 28, 2021, 08:44 PM
Reply #378
  • Global Moderator
Been playing Rimworld lately.
It's my dream game in a way. I'd love to make a very elaborate mod for it.
It has a lot of mechanics that I always wanted to have in a game.
But still, decent game. Played 80 hours in 14 days. Takes around 5~10 hours to actually get into the game and understand it enough to enjoy.

This is an unwanted side effect of making games complex and realistic. The learning curve gets higher and higher. You have to play hours and hours just to learn it. Not many people have the time -- nor the interest.