• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on May 23, 2015, 08:56 PM
Tonight, I'm going to present the game "Need for Speed Rivals", released in November 2013.
This game inserts gamers behind the wheel of both sides of the thin blue line, daring them to cross that line as either a cop or racer in order to gain any advantage in the street’s ultimate rivalry. Players decide between two distinct career experiences, each with its own set of high-stakes challenges, rewards, pursuit tech and cars. The intensity of the action is enhanced as a result of AllDrive, a feature that destroys the line between single player, co-op and multiplayer. Through AllDrive, friends are connected to one racing world where their races and chases can collide at any time.
I have not tested shadow.97's games but they are probably good too.

Some screenshots:
Is it worth testing?

scarface

Yes, it's worth testing, if you have a decent graphic card.
But the game is a bit difficult. I wasn't brave enough to complete the game to have every car, so I found a .sav with all the cars.
There is one more car to unlock I think.
http://www.filedropper.com/12345678_1

A preview with The mclaren P1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3hr39AS2H4

Shadow.97

Quote from: Fuj on June 18, 2015, 12:57 AM
I'm playing a game from 1993 (yes, 1993, go ahead and laugh) called Master of Orion. It's a turn based, SF themed strategy game. "The purpose of the game is to lead one of ten races to dominate the galaxy through a combination of diplomacy and conquest while developing technology, exploring and colonizing star systems." I was never a huge fan of strategy games but I dimly remembered this one from a friend's PC when I was a kid and I knew it's still considered one of the top titles of the genre, so I looked it up and found there's a GOG release. When I tried it, I wasn't super impressed. I decided I don't really feel like learning the game and abandoned it. A few days later I was bored and decided to give it another chance. A few hours later I was completely hooked. I can't remember the last time I was so captivated by a game. I played it on Simple (easiest difficulty), which makes it too easy to defeat your opponents, but it's perfect for learning the game when you're a first-time player. Now I'm playing on Average and it's more challenging; you need to calculate your moves from the beginning and not waste turns. And there are lots of random variables in this game so it has a good replay value. Graphics is as what you might expect from a 1993 title, but I don't mind, eyecandy doesn't play a big role in this one. Strategy games age far more gracefully than action titles, that's for sure.

I made a light and portable repack of the game if anyone wants to take a look:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/85ajqmo9woqmmob/Master_of_Orion_1.3.zip

I never understood how to play this. I got it on Origin I ended up uninstalling it. It reminded me a lot of spore!

scarface

QuoteI never understood how to play this. I got it on Origin I ended up uninstalling it. It reminded me a lot of spore!
So did I.

scarface

If you are interested, here are good roms of neogeo, CPS2 & CPS1.
link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JBYCVlNKj5uYrCDAk6_hz-0u5TpcLb7

If you have good roms to add, you can upload them too.

scarface

there are several versions for the neogeo games and some are not compatible with kawaks... Upload them and I'll look at them.
There are only 12 games in my upload, but all of them are detected and playable. It's obviously compatible with win 7 and 8, it was working on xp too. For information, I downloaded these games 14 years ago, lately I just added the 2 metal slug roms to test them, and updated winkawaks to 1.63...
To be frank, I never play these games, but I keep them somewhere in the computer.

Yoda

Quote from: Fuj on June 18, 2015, 12:57 AMI'm playing a game from 1993 (yes, 1993, go ahead and laugh) called Master of Orion.
Master of Orion is one of my favorite games ever! I still have it installed in one of my laptops (together with Civilization) and playing occasionally.

Right now I am playing Diablo 3 and Settlers Online
May The Force Be With You ...

Yoda

Quote from: Fuj on July 24, 2015, 05:34 PM
Wargaming acquired the rights to MOO franchise and they announced they're working on a remake.
Thats really good news!

Quote from: Fuj on July 24, 2015, 05:34 PMBtw, have you played Pizza Tycoon?
Yes... The first one only... It was awesome for its age...
May The Force Be With You ...

humbert

@Yoda - I also play Diablo III. I play it for a while almost every night.

@Scarface - Where did you get your copy of Wolfenstein? Do you have to go through a launcher like youdo with Diablo III? Incidentally, does Steam work the same way, i.e., you open an account and download a free launcher, then from there you get your games and start them?

@Scarface - That video you uploaded is just people dancing and a painting talking. What's it got to do with Wolfenstein?

humbert

Do you remember if you got the "Platinum Edition PC Resource" or another, smaller file? I just want to be sure I get one that actually works.