• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

HELP ME BY MAKING A DONATION!

Started by Maher, November 16, 2012, 11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 03, 2013, 01:11 PM
A few days Before shouting on the forum I did. Its not urgent though. If I were a nabob I would have already sent him something.

I sent you a PM about this. I wonder if you got it. I'm asking only because I know you're very thorough and would have acknowledged receipt.

BTW, I've never seen a n00b send anyone a donation.  :)

scarface

I read it. I didnt said noob...but nabob (nabab in french, you perhaps better know the word tycoon).
Im just a working poor in fact. Despite my studies, once the bills paid there is nothing left. Sometimes I think I should have done something else, But probably I wouldn't want to be in the situation of maher either (I coulnt do ramadan if I were muslim Im not courageous enough, in fact lately I put on weight, probably drinking too much beer and eating too many pizzas - tonight the couscous didnt last long. Perhaps Im going to finish up like Elvis but without fame, who knows)
The eiffel tower from my window: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DocLpekBjM8&
its a luxury to live here, but its very expensive.

akaubee

I can't donate because I am 14 years old and I don't even have a job.
Sorry...

scarface

Thats ok akaubee. If youre present here and if you contribute by posting useful things, its the most important. It seems maher is not answering for the meantime anyway.

humbert

@Scarface - yes, I'm aware that your financial situation isn't the best. I just supplied you with the information you were looking for. You're a decent man and you'd be happy to help Maher if it were possible.

That video of the Eiffel Tower - did you take it yourself with a cell phone camera or something?

@akaubee - thanks for being concerned. I agree with what Scarface told you.

scarface

the video...with my cellphone. its in fact nearer from me than it seems, the camera is not really good.
I give you a map, I'm on the black cross:

as for the mcdonalds of the champs elysees it was the first mcdo in paris where I had a lunch...
By the way I discovered they dont have the same price for the cheeseburgers everywhere: franchised mcdo are more expensive. Then If you want to have a cheap cheeseburger at 1euro go to the mcdo of republic or opera they are not franchised.

humbert

@Scarface - with what program did you draw the black cross? I don't know anything about photoediting and I'm wondering what simple program to use to do what you did.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by `franchised' mcdo's. At least here you can't just open a hamburger place and call it `McDonalds', you have to buy a franchise and go by their rules, i.e. , they're all franchised.

A cheeseburger for 1â,¬ is an awesome price. Do they also charge for rental space if you want to eat your burger there?

scarface

to humbert: I used paint...
you seem to know what franchise mean. Here some mcdo are not franchised, the owner is mcdonald (only a few). No they dont charge if you eat on the spot.

to maher: I sent a delegation to fetch the money. if you want it, send a pm, otherwise nervermind.

humbert

I don't remember if that McDonalds told me the food would be more costly if it wasn't take out, but I do remember being told something and looking out onto the Champ Elysses and wondering how to eat a hamburger in the middle of that sidewalk with no place to even sit down. To me this was highly unusual since nowhere before did I ever encounter such a situation.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on August 29, 2013, 08:12 PM
I don't remember if that McDonalds told me the food would be more costly if it wasn't take out, but I do remember being told something and looking out onto the Champ Elysses and wondering how to eat a hamburger in the middle of that sidewalk with no place to even sit down. To me this was highly unusual since nowhere before did I ever encounter such a situation.
In sweden I think you have to pay a little more tax(MOMS in sweden) if you don't take the food  with you, maybe it's the oposite. Can't remember.