• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

How to install WIN7 via USB flash drive

Started by win123, November 28, 2012, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win123

I have the file Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) Integrated October 2012
by Maherz.

Original file is in .zip format. I have extracted a copy into a folder on my desktop.

My question is what are the steps for transfering the files onto the flash drive so i can boot via USB.

Thanks!

win123

**edit**

might want to also add details of my setup

its a brand new build. on asus p9x79pro mb with a Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148767&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

yea i know lame HDD for such a awesome mb(planning on getting ssd in near future)

also do i have to do anything to setup the HDD before i do the win7 install? seeing as how it is a fresh out of the box hard drive do i just plug it in and install? or is there a assembly procedure i have to follow?

brunlea

Quote from: win123 on November 28, 2012, 05:39 PM
I have the file Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) Integrated October 2012
by Maherz.

Original file is in .zip format. I have extracted a copy into a folder on my desktop.

My question is what are the steps for transfering the files onto the flash drive so i can boot via USB.

Thanks!

click on link and download microsoft USB tool..its a lot easier that way.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

win123

ok my question is what file do i select? the .zip file? or the folder i unzipped to? sry. super noob here >.<

win123

or i guess how do i make the .zip file it came in into an iso file?

brunlea

Quote from: win123 on November 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
or i guess how do i make the .zip file it came in into an iso file?

If you got UltraISO  premuim software installed on your computer , you can make ISO with it.

select the ISO file and its dead easy...when u click on the usb tool it wont let you select any other file than ISO.

Ahmad

@win123:
Welcome to our world. :)

This is a tool from Microsoft to do that as brunlea said before me:
Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool

Also, you can try WinToFlash

Also, you can try Rufus.

If any tool has problems, use another ..

BTW, If you downloaded Windows 7 October 2012 as a torrent from here, then the file you have downloaded is an ISO file NOT .zip format.
If you have the ISO file compressed in a .zip format then, you have to extract the zip file to give you the ISO file .. BUT never extract the ISO file.

Anyway .. The required file for those tools is the ISO file .. Open Rufus tool for example and browse for the ISO file you have downloaded and it'll do the rest.

I didn't try Microsoft tool before.
Regarding Wintoflash, it requires the folder of the Windows, so you have to extract the ISO file as well and then, browse in Wintoflash for the extracted folder.

Good luck.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

win123

i have downloaded the ultraiso. Now i see that it is in the correct format .iso. Rest of my hardware comes in from newegg tomorrow =D

If you dont see me reply by tomorrow night, that means something went horribly wrong and i bricked my new 1300 dollar build.

GOD BLESS. AND PRAY FOR ME!!!!

Ahmad

Don't worry.
Follow instructions and it'll be very easy.
:) :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.