• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

LibreOffice 7.3.3 x64 Lite

Started by scarface, May 16, 2016, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

#10
libreoffice has been updated to 6.1.0 (link in the first message of the thread).
It’s a x64, light version with only 3 dictionaries installed by default (English, French, Spanish). The interface is in English.
Unlike the previous versions, the installer is now totally silent, with a progress bar. You can deploy this version in your firm, Libreoffice is free.






Vasudev

#11
Quote from: scarface on August 17, 2018, 05:45 PM
libreoffice has been updated to 6.1.0 (link in the first message of the thread).
It’s a x64, light version with only 3 dictionaries installed by default (English, French, Spanish). The interface is in English.
Unlike the previous versions, the installer is now totally silent, with a progress bar. You can deploy this version in your firm, Libreoffice is free.






On Windows, I use Office 2016 which can open odt and other Libreoffice/Openoffice formats. On linux I use LibreOffice.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on February 10, 2019, 09:45 PM
updated to LibreOffice 6.2.0 x64 Lite

Does the Libreoffice installation program allow you to install only those features you need? I'm asking with Office 2016 all I use is Word and Excel, so that's all I install. The rest is bloat, I have no use for it. It's pretty bad having to install garbage you don't need and will never use.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on February 11, 2019, 05:36 AM
Quote from: scarface on February 10, 2019, 09:45 PM
updated to LibreOffice 6.2.0 x64 Lite

Does the Libreoffice installation program allow you to install only those features you need? I'm asking with Office 2016 all I use is Word and Excel, so that's all I install. The rest is bloat, I have no use for it. It's pretty bad having to install garbage you don't need and will never use.
Then grab a Home/Student edition from kinguin that includes only Word,excel,powerpoint and Onenote.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on February 11, 2019, 01:05 PM
Then grab a Home/Student edition from kinguin that includes only Word,excel,powerpoint and Onenote.

If all I use is Word and Excel, the other stuff remains unwanted bloat. I can't understand why these guys force users to install bloat that will never be used and does nothing more than take up hard drive space. Oh well -- I'll still use MS Office until the day that getting a pirated copy is impossible (yeah, right)  :)

scarface

#15
updated to v 7.1.1
Note that the installer was remodeled (see first post).


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p8BTr8Lpgo