• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

[Solved]realtek audio driver install issue Windows 10

Started by akaubee, July 20, 2016, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akaubee

I need your help,, I recently installed windows 10. I updated all my drivers but I failed to install audio driver. However the sound is working but I need this driver software so that I can set an option for surround speakers. However it worked on windows 7.

Here the problem: -

driver: realtek alc662

scarface

hi akaubee...
R2.71 must have been released years ago. download the latest hda drivers, R2.79 is compatible with windows 10.

akaubee

It worked.. but a new problem has started. when I click on start button. a blank blue screen appeared. I reset my computer by pressing the 'reset button' now after login I tried the same thing but a black screen appeared.. on the next reboot, I started task manager then I discovered that the usage of my cpu is 100%, the service 'Local Service' is using all my cpu then the same thing happened. However while booting in safe mode everything was perfect and there were no problems.. I spent hours on safe mode.. I removed the drivers but the problem still persist on normal mode..

I think I will shift to Windows 7.. btw I had refreshed windows 10 nearly 10 times and thanks for the solution.. I spent hours on searching

Vasudev

Will falling back/rolling back to Microsoft HD audio solve that issue? Are you using NVidia GPU? If so, update to latest driver to avoid that DPC bug.

akaubee

it didn't solved.. and yes I am using a crappy nvidia gpu. by the way i had downgraded w10 to w7

Vasudev

Quote from: akaubee on August 01, 2016, 08:51 PM
it didn't solved.. and yes I am using a crappy nvidia gpu. by the way i had downgraded w10 to w7
Have you tried this modified Realtek driver? Yeah why does NV sell those crappy under powered GPU when people need to upgrade every year to get acceptable perf.

akaubee

I got it right from here... Yesterday I fixed this problem and I think windows 10 anniversary update did the job

humbert

Quote from: akaubee on August 04, 2016, 01:50 PM
I got it right from here... Yesterday I fixed this problem and I think windows 10 anniversary update did the job

Speak of the devil. How many of you have installed the anniversary update? I just did and it runs great! I love the new Linux-based bash shell. Just one thing -- you'll have to re-run all the anti-spying software again, plus disable Cortana and remove the many "features" they include. I believe it's worth it.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on August 08, 2016, 03:40 AM
Quote from: akaubee on August 04, 2016, 01:50 PM

Speak of the devil. How many of you have installed the anniversary update? I just did and it runs great! I love the new Linux-based bash shell. Just one thing -- you'll have to re-run all the anti-spying software again, plus disable Cortana and remove the many "features" they include. I believe it's worth it.
I had it since about a month now. The single one reason I like it, is because of the new Bash shell. Its so much easier and to me, better than CMD (default) It reset my start menu though.. Candy crush reinstalled.. and like ***? Some of these things were absurd. It reset so much settings I had done..
Another glitch occured. I can NOT remove Edge as default browser. I picked during the upgrade to keep firefox as my browser. But almost everytime i click a link it opens Edge.. Sometimes it works though. Really stupid.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 15, 2016, 12:27 AM
I had it since about a month now. The single one reason I like it, is because of the new Bash shell. Its so much easier and to me, better than CMD (default) It reset my start menu though.. Candy crush reinstalled.. and like ***? Some of these things were absurd. It reset so much settings I had done..
Another glitch occured. I can NOT remove Edge as default browser. I picked during the upgrade to keep firefox as my browser. But almost everytime i click a link it opens Edge.. Sometimes it works though. Really stupid.

I figured you'd like the Bash shell. I'm under the assumption it'll work with just about any Linux command normally used in the terminal window. I've been playing around with it but haven't used it to its full potential, mainly because I have a hard time memorizing those arcane commands, let alone the infinite number of switches. Can you suggest anything useful?

I'm surprised you can't get anything but Edge to be your default browser. Mine if Firefox, and I can set the default to any browser I want. Just hit Winkey-I -> System -> Default Apps and pick your poison.