• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Olympic Games: Where is India? and Pakistan? and Palestine?

Started by scarface, August 18, 2016, 11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

is a brief comment about the Olympic Games in Rio.

India is home to nearly 1.3 billion people, or approximatively one-sixth of the planet’s population, making it the second-most populous country in the world. But for the moment, India only claimed one medal at Rio Olympics, even though the country sent 123 athletes to the Summer Games. Sakshi Malik claimed a bronze in 58 kg women’s wrestling on Wednesday.
That's worse for Pakistan, which did not claim any medal, even though 7 Pakistani athletes are present in Rio.
Neither did Palestine claim a medal in Rio, in spite of its 6 athletes at the Olympics.
The countries which won the most medals are respectively the US (94), China (57) and Great Britain (55).

I'm currently in a big mansion, in the south of France. The weather is hot, but I have some pleasant vacations, far from Paris where I was becoming paranoid. Im sure that Vasudev and Maher are having some good time too, and I must say I'm not too worried about humbert, who must be watching the Olympic games of Rio. I've been delighted by the return of usman, and amazed at his improvement in English.

Vasudev

Do you live with your parents or do you lead a nomadic life?

scarface

I'm currently with my father, in holidays.
Tonight, I will hold a conference, to talk about various matters, including the current heatwave, the pollution peak in Paris, the gold stocks decline alongside gold price, the situation in Syria, the bankruptcy of the French agriculture, the rising level of youth unemployment in the world...and my current holidays in a palace.
In exclusivity on the forum, there will be some photos of pages taken from the weekly newspaper Charlie hebdo, released after the January 2015 attacks, because we are all Charlie on this forum.

humbert

I'm glad you were able to reconnect with your father. Last I heard relations were not that great.

I'm under the impression the reason you really feel the heat when temps rise above 35° is because, since it doesn't happen very often, not that many places are equipped with air conditioning. That's not the case here. We don't feel the heat unless we spend too much time outside.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 26, 2016, 03:38 AM
I'm glad you were able to reconnect with your father. Last I heard relations were not that great.

I'm under the impression the reason you really feel the heat when temps rise above 35° is because, since it doesn't happen very often, not that many places are equipped with air conditioning. That's not the case here. We don't feel the heat unless we spend too much time outside.
What about your mother @scarface?

scarface

Well, to put it bluntly, my father is the only person left alive in my family, physically and mentally. I've got a cousin too...he's a gay, and lives abroad most of the time with another man, who is an expatriate engineer. He does not work, but I guess his friend is earning a lot of money.
Lately they bought a mansion with an olive plantation in the south of France. Since they live in big towns, like Hanoi, they are looking for quietness.

Today I’m going to hold another conference, you are lucky.

First, I’m going to talk about the rate hike in the US.
U.S. stocks stepped firmly higher Friday as investors appeared to shrug off comments from Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen that indicated that the case for a rate hike is gathering steam.
Yellen didn't provide any specific timetable for a rate increase of key interest rates during a speech at an economics retreat in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and Wall Street, anticipating a decidedly more hawkish posture from the Fed boss, sent shares higher after a brief, initial knee-jerk move lower.
However, after a brief rise, stocks collapsed and the DJIA fell by 150 points because investors are really worried about the inability of the FED to adopt a steady position. In my opinion, there will be no rate hike because of the situation in the US: the good statistics are just a smokescreen to hide the real situation of the US, a fall in growth to 1.2%, a real unemployment rate standing at 20% and Yellen knows it, of course. In almost every speech, she finds a good reason to postpone the rate hike: The Brazilian recession, the Brexit...
The US is terribly indebted and a fourth QE is more probable than a rate hike, as Olivier Delamache points out in his interviews: http://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/video/olivier-delamarche-vs-emmanuel-lechypre-23-quid-du-ralentissement-de-la-croissance-americainea-0108-846789.html
My profound conviction is that the markets are going to return to their “fundamentals”, probably between 6000 and 8000 for the dax, 3000 for the cac 40 and 10000-12000 for the Dow Jones.
The futures for the cac 40, dax and Wall Street at the closing on Friday evening.

Now I’m going to give you a brief overview of the news in the world.

-Edward scissorhand and Amber heard finally settled Their Divorce. The latter celebrated it in a night Club.

-The predicament of the young workers in the world.
After continuous improvement since 2013, youth unemployment is rising again in the world. The report of the International Labour Organization published Wednesday, August 24, anticipates 500,000 more unemployed youths in 2016 than in 2015, a total of 71 million unemployed among the 15-24 age group. The unemployment rate, which stood at 13.1% in 2016 (against 12.9% in 2015), is expected to continue to rise in 2017. These projections are calculated from the growth forecasts of the IMF and national statistics.