• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on June 15, 2021, 01:52 PM
BTW, friends, are anyone of you already vaccinated against Covid19? And what vaccine did you use?

I'm glad you asked. I was given the first dose of Phizer-Biontech vaccine about 2 months ago. The second shot was 3 weeks later. I had no side effects, although I do know some people who had brief, mild fever and fatigue. It went away after a few hours. Naturally the vaccine is free, Biden paid for it.  :)

The results of the vaccination program are positive. New cases and deaths are down by over 90% compared to the peak in January. The country is opening up again. A few days ago I was watching a football match on TV. It was in Atlanta, there were 70,000 people there and few if any masks. Go to bing.com/covid and you'll see data and graphs for all countries.

I've left several posts on other forums about this. Only Scarface responded, telling us he had was not vaccinated and was in no hurry to do so.

Hey Daniil, did you get vaccinated or what?

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on June 16, 2021, 04:39 AM
Hey Daniil, did you get vaccinated or what?
Not yet, and that's why I asking. I'm making a statistics of vaccines effects, based on answers of my familiar persons. Yep, I know that that isn't very good statistics, but it's my own (you all knows, I'm used to not trusting the news).
Maybe you know, Pfizer vaccine is denied here in Russia, and, we have three free vaccines - "Sputnik V", "EpiVac Corona" and "COVI-Vac". All of them made in Russia. But there is some problems with them:

"Sputnik V", positioned as the best vaccine against COVID, was the first vaccine against COVID, and it was made before other contries (China, USA, EU, Israel) made their vaccines. It rases doubts to its quality - well, how russian scientists could make a vaccine so fast, if we in Russia can't make our own OS or own good PC, and our space agency can't develop any new spacecraft for 30 years?? ??? This is indirectly confirmed by a scandals in press about "Sputnik V", where mentioned that this vaccine working only 2 or 3 month, or, in some cases, not working at all.

"EpiVac" is extremly effective, but, by unofficial reviews, has a lot of side effects, maybe because it's genetically engineered. As I can understand, it's difficult to correctly decode molecular sequence of active part of COVID DNA, and that can cause side effects in human organism. Also, it's accepted to use only in Russia and Turkmenistan - that's also raises doubts about it, isn't that? ;D

And "COVI-Vac" is just ineffective.

Also, most what I said is unofficial information - official information is "russian vaccines are the best, all other vaccines are sh*t!". So, in fact I should select from 3 unknowns, or search a way to find a foreign vaccine. That's why I'm asking to anyone of my vaccinated friends and familiars, what vaccine did they use.

scarface

To Daniil: I stumbled upon a video, and I was thinking that it was going to be of interest to you.
Unfortunately the video is in French. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCtlfGVVVBE
But I'm going to sum it up.
The guy is presenting a town with the cheapest apartments of Russia. Unfortunately for you, it's not in St Petersburg. It's not in Moscow either.
I'm talking about the town named Vorkuta (which means "the abundance of bears") and just north of the Arctic Circle. I have the impression that it's not far from St Peterburg on a map (compared to Vladivostok) but since Russia is a big country, it's probably not a one hour hike. The estimated population is still about 50,000.
Incredibly enough, you can find a well-furnished apartment for 500â,¬. This is due to the closure of the mines after the fall of the Soviet union and many apartments are empty. So those who are leaving don't find buyers, hence those prices.
Here you can see an apartment in a "Khrouchtchevka" for 550 â,¬:

Daniil

Quote from: scarface on June 17, 2021, 11:29 PM
The guy is presenting a town with the cheapest apartments of Russia. Unfortunately for you, it's not in St Petersburg. It's not in Moscow either.
;D ;D ;D Yep, I also heared about this apartment. And that's not a good idea to go to Vorkuta to buy it. ;D You all, guys, doesn't understand reality in Russia. This flat in Vorkuta isn't cheap because there is nice nature or because Vorkuta is a good town to live to. Vorkuta is a monotown in the middle of poisoned industrial wasteland where temperature is about -40 for ten months in a year. You can't find any job there except slavery work at coal mines. And all life there fully related on "northern delivery". So this apartment is cheap just because the owner can't sell it. And that's not a good idea to save money. )))

scarface

For those who want to watch the football match between France and Switzerland, here is a streaming link : https://sport-stream.live/event/streaming-croatie-espagne-direct-live/13499/

scarface

Switzerland accomplished the feat of winning against France, which lost out in a dramatic penalty shoot-out, with Mbappe who failed to convert.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on June 29, 2021, 12:49 AM
Switzerland accomplished the feat of winning against France, which lost out in a dramatic penalty shoot-out, with Mbappe who failed to convert.

I saw the game as well as most of the others in the UEFA tournament. In fact if I'm out of the house I can stream them live on my phone. It was truly a dramatic finish. Too bad games like this have to end in penalty kicks. As you know, this isn't much more than a coin toss - the goaltender either guesses right or guesses wrong. Sadly FIFA doesn't have much choice. You can't ask the players to continue playing forever until someone wins. Even more so in the summer heat.

Did you see Ukraine's big surprise against Sweden? The final goal in overtime was a masterpiece. Belgium and Italy play on Friday, it seems it'll be whoever wins that game. Then again, you never know.

Speaking of the heat. When the Emir of Qatar paid off FIFA to get the 2022 games, did they promise to provide stadiums with A/C? I'd like to see how long the players last in the 50° heat.

scarface

Here is an interesting article, in French, about the situation in Afghanistan: https://www.lemonde.fr/international/article/2021/07/01/en-afghanistan-les-talibans-man-uvrent-pour-encercler-kaboul_6086498_3210.html
This article is titled "In Afghanistan, the Taliban maneuver to surround Kabul"

A rally in support of Afghan security forces to fight the Taliban, on the outskirts of Kabul, Afghanistan, June 23, 2021.

Shadow.97

My father was in a motorbike accident. He's fine, broken ribs, punctured lung and broken arm.
Booked a flight for tomorrow to go see him.

Researching travel restrictions, and different rules etc are brutally hard. I'd say it's harder than final boss fights, because you only know if you've done everything right when you're at the destination.

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on July 11, 2021, 06:34 PM
My father was in a motorbike accident. He's fine, broken ribs, punctured lung and broken arm.
Booked a flight for tomorrow to go see him.

Researching travel restrictions, and different rules etc are brutally hard. I'd say it's harder than final boss fights, because you only know if you've done everything right when you're at the destination.
I'm sure your father will be fresh as a daisy when you arrive. Since he's not ill, you don't need to be worried.