• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Maybe the forum is lacking a place where anyone can talk about anything.
Here you can say whatever you want. If you are a newly-registered user, no need to introduce yourself.
Usmangujjar or shadow97 can tell us here whether they are fine or not, or the weather in their country.

Original first post in this "chatroom".

Quote from: scarface on August 05, 2016, 03:58 PM
Maybe tonight there will be other movies...
I have a request;
Pick as few as possible.
What is your favorite:
Information/Documentary movie?
Romance? (Yes, I love romance :b)
Eye opening?

Thanks in advance!

Edit; the reason I ask for this is because I generally dont watch movies at all, and have a hard time enjoying it. But right now, I am in a sleepy movie mood!

scarface

QuoteWhat is your favorite:
Information/Documentary movie?
some found on youtube are very good:
The louvre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o437CjNWgv0
The end of oil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nHFkoo7zKE

QuoteRomance? (Yes, I love romance :b)
Eye opening?
Well, my choice would be "In time", but overall I guess it's not the type of movies I've been presenting.
Maybe I would choose "les amants criminels" too, but once again it's a bit sick.

humbert

I was looking at the movie "The End of Oil" (as mentioned below). Consider the following:

As I child I remember the gas crises of 1973 and 1979 when people stood in long lines for gasoline and the price tripled. Then-president Carter warned that "even foreign oil would become scarce by the 1980's". Today here in San Antonio a liter of gas sells for about 49¢ (43¢ for E85). Adjusted for inflation, this price the same or less than it before the crisis of 1973. According to the US Energy Information Administration's web site, in 2015 the US imported only 24% of its oil (lowest since 1970), and most of that was from Canada, Venezuela and Mexico. This came to about 9.4 MMb/d. At the same time this country exported 4.8MMb/d. We're told this is due to increased phracking, overproduction by oil-producing countries (especially those who cannot afford to cut production), and generally reduced demand, especially in China.

In the mean time, the US oil industry is doing everything in its power to block further deployment of alternate fuel sources such as ethanol and biodiesel. This involves heavy lobbying, campaign contributions to friendly politicians (i.e., legal bribery), plus massive misinformation campaigns. In Brazil ethanol has displaced gasoline as the primary fuel source for vehicles. The oil industry has vowed to never let that happen here.

There is no question only a finite amount of oil exists on this planet, but we will not run out if it in our lifetimes. If and when it starts to become scarce, alternate fuel sources will be there.

scarface

In Paris the weather is dull, and it's raining. But it's good news, the heat wave may be over.
The stock markets are currently falling by 1%.
I had a vision this morning: Ismet and usman both riding a camel and bound for Mecca to make their pilgrimage. The painting of Léon Belly, now at the Museum of Orsay, is reminiscent of these ancient times. This painting is present somewhere in the "new photos topic" where the museum of Orsay was presented.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on August 29, 2016, 09:50 AM
Here you can say whatever you want. If you are a newly-registered user, no need to introduce yourself.
Usmangujjar or shadow97 can tell us here whether they are fine or not, or the weather in their country.
I kinda died.
So I'm currently looking for an appartment, signing the contract tomorrow at 7pm.
I was walking to my car from the University. It was raining and there was heavy winds. I only had a tshirt on, and my umbrella broke because of the winds. I had to walk around 2 hours home in that weather. I still havnt recovered. Haha.
The internet is ****. Like it drops every minute, and the speeds peak at 10mbit.. For me this is almost unusable, maybe because I'm spoiled with interweb speeds at home.
Chinese studies have started, and its going fine. Alot of things to learn, but also a very interesting thing to study.
Living without a stove and fridge is sure challenging. Food becomes very dull and boring.

I've been unusually good lately. Feels good to get away from family and 'friends'. The people here talk "official" swedish, which for me sounds quite odd. Because I'm not used to hear it on this scale. People see me as an outsider, which is fine.

.. I cant game on this! :D
One interesting thing about their internet is that they have a total of around 7~ routers. Asus RT-AC68U.
My "idea" is that they do not have a professional network guy here. Because.. It seems like they forgot to add a password/turn off the 5ghz band on some of the routers. However, the device closest to me does not have 5ghz on Which I assume is because its an AP, and not a router.
The best signal strengh I can recieve to my room is around 90dbm or whatever the thing is they count it with. The others are around 50-60.
I asked them why the connection keeps dropping. (Not from the wifi, but to the internet) They gave me another room key, and told me i could use the laptop there. (Probably to connect to another router being closer). This did not help however... I have a theory. They are using the isp I've always had issues with (Telia Sonera AB).. Yeah. I just think they have a bad line or modem. Perhaps something else.
This is somewhat interesting in my perspective, they structured their network quite oddly. Because they are not using Vlans, like I would've..  They do not have any restrictions from me talking to other computers on the network.
I can also talk over the ips. Like. 192.168.0.1->192.168.7.1.
I noticed that they are also using Asus RT-N12D1 as AP I assume.
Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     2 ms     2 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.2.1]
  2     3 ms     2 ms     2 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5    11 ms     4 ms     5 ms  192.168.99.1
  6    48 ms    45 ms    49 ms  90.228.165.148
  7   126 ms    68 ms    62 ms  s-b5-link.telia.net [62.115.114.24]
  8   135 ms     *       72 ms  google-ic-314684-s-b5.c.telia.net [62.115.61.30]
  9   130 ms   155 ms   138 ms  216.239.54.213
10   200 ms   192 ms   107 ms  72.14.234.89
11   101 ms    78 ms    90 ms  google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

We had an introduction to Chinese, where we basically(in swedish) told some things about us, and why we decided to study chinese. Alot of classmates came up to me being inspired, and said they felt more motivated to study now.
Basically I said that china wont fix itself, we need to fix it. (Environmentally, mentally, and show that we do not hate china, and that we have respect for the country etc.) I basically held a speech for 5 minutes.

scarface

Maybe you could with this? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5592536452
At least if you find your studies interesting, that's what matters most.
If I could come back 15 years earlier, I would surely enjoy my studies a bit more.
Now I have the impression to live here like a dinosaur. And if you are not in a big town, that's good news. My wish would be to go somewhere else, and maybe buy a house or something. Well, to be honest I could buy something here, but with the evolution of the economy, climate change, and other things, maybe a piece of land, some fruit trees, and a small house at the countryside can be valuable assets.

at the beginning of the week, I was feeling like a roasted chicken: It was like a oven in my tiny apartment. Friday evening, during the heat wave, it was more than 30 degrees inside at 11 pm.
This is called the kiss cool heat island effect.

humbert

I'm glad this topic was started.

With respect to the weather it's not as hot as previous years. I'm anxiously waiting for fall and then winter. It's not as strong as it is in Europe, but at least it's a relief from this hateful heat and sunshine.

Shadow97 - your post prompts many questions. I'm curious about a few things:

Based on what you're telling us, it seem to me you didn't pick an ideal place to move. Was the situation at home so bad that you had to leave immediately even if it means sleeping under a bridge?  If not, then is it that you couldn't afford a better place or simply believed it would suit your needs?

By Chinese, do you mean Mandarin? If so, why that language? How do you even practice it in Sweden? Oh, and what exactly is "official" Swedish and how does it differ from regular Swedish?

Scarface - In that dream you had, how did you picture gujjar and ismet?

usmangujjar

Thanks for this topics, forum really need this kind of topic since long time.
As I already told, I am busy somewhere. And will post somethings about Windows, specially for slimming down Windows 7 & 8.1 & image capturing.

There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH,
Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of ALLAH.

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on August 30, 2016, 11:09 PM
Quote from: scarface on August 29, 2016, 09:50 AM
I kinda died.
So I'm currently looking for an appartment, signing the contract tomorrow at 7pm.
I was walking to my car from the University. It was raining and there was heavy winds. I only had a tshirt on, and my umbrella broke because of the winds. I had to walk around 2 hours home in that weather. I still havnt recovered. Haha.
The internet is ****. Like it drops every minute, and the speeds peak at 10mbit.. For me this is almost unusable, maybe because I'm spoiled with interweb speeds at home.
Chinese studies have started, and its going fine. Alot of things to learn, but also a very interesting thing to study.
Living without a stove and fridge is sure challenging. Food becomes very dull and boring.

I've been unusually good lately. Feels good to get away from family and 'friends'. The people here talk "official" swedish, which for me sounds quite odd. Because I'm not used to hear it on this scale. People see me as an outsider, which is fine.

.. I cant game on this! :D
One interesting thing about their internet is that they have a total of around 7~ routers. Asus RT-AC68U.
My "idea" is that they do not have a professional network guy here. Because.. It seems like they forgot to add a password/turn off the 5ghz band on some of the routers. However, the device closest to me does not have 5ghz on Which I assume is because its an AP, and not a router.
The best signal strengh I can recieve to my room is around 90dbm or whatever the thing is they count it with. The others are around 50-60.
I asked them why the connection keeps dropping. (Not from the wifi, but to the internet) They gave me another room key, and told me i could use the laptop there. (Probably to connect to another router being closer). This did not help however... I have a theory. They are using the isp I've always had issues with (Telia Sonera AB).. Yeah. I just think they have a bad line or modem. Perhaps something else.
This is somewhat interesting in my perspective, they structured their network quite oddly. Because they are not using Vlans, like I would've..  They do not have any restrictions from me talking to other computers on the network.
I can also talk over the ips. Like. 192.168.0.1->192.168.7.1.
I noticed that they are also using Asus RT-N12D1 as AP I assume.
Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     2 ms     2 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.2.1]
  2     3 ms     2 ms     2 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5    11 ms     4 ms     5 ms  192.168.99.1
  6    48 ms    45 ms    49 ms  90.228.165.148
  7   126 ms    68 ms    62 ms  s-b5-link.telia.net [62.115.114.24]
  8   135 ms     *       72 ms  google-ic-314684-s-b5.c.telia.net [62.115.61.30]
  9   130 ms   155 ms   138 ms  216.239.54.213
10   200 ms   192 ms   107 ms  72.14.234.89
11   101 ms    78 ms    90 ms  google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

We had an introduction to Chinese, where we basically(in swedish) told some things about us, and why we decided to study chinese. Alot of classmates came up to me being inspired, and said they felt more motivated to study now.
Basically I said that china wont fix itself, we need to fix it. (Environmentally, mentally, and show that we do not hate china, and that we have respect for the country etc.) I basically held a speech for 5 minutes.
Did you switch to google dns, perhaps? Try opendns. So, you're telling us, even with Killer Network your internet feels jittery?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on August 31, 2016, 04:32 AM
I'm glad this topic was started.

With respect to the weather it's not as hot as previous years. I'm anxiously waiting for fall and then winter. It's not as strong as it is in Europe, but at least it's a relief from this hateful heat and sunshine.

Shadow97 - your post prompts many questions. I'm curious about a few things:

Based on what you're telling us, it seem to me you didn't pick an ideal place to move. Was the situation at home so bad that you had to leave immediately even if it means sleeping under a bridge?  If not, then is it that you couldn't afford a better place or simply believed it would suit your needs?

By Chinese, do you mean Mandarin? If so, why that language? How do you even practice it in Sweden? Oh, and what exactly is "official" Swedish and how does it differ from regular Swedish?

Scarface - In that dream you had, how did you picture gujjar and ismet?
By chinese I mean Mandarin, and The writing with latin letters. We study with swedish and english literature.
I didnt feel like dealing with the unneccesary stress family was giving me. I do appreciate them, but sice they do not want to change. I have to do this alone.

I do not like killer network. It is just commercial garbage compared to intel.
I do not blame this issue on the killer network though. The QoS, and ping stabilazing has not to my vision ever worked on killer network devices Ive used.
Id prefer a good intel nic and wificard.
I have noticed that when i game and download on my old 100/100 connection I get ping spikes with my killer network but not with the intel nics I have used. If I manually config my killer nic it bottlenecks my uploadspeed.

The issue at this moment is an unreliable connection. Not a bad nic ^^ because I am not utilizing my connection, and its on all my devices.