• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Maybe some of you are still confined due to the lockdown.
I don't thin it is the case in the US or in Palestine. But in France, an exemption certification is needed to go out.

Note that if you need an exemption certification,  this one must be valid.
In today's Figaro, I stumbled upon an interesting article:
He said he was waiting for someone to beat him up and he put it on on his certificate: a resident of Lannion (Côtes d'Armor) was fined 135 euros in the night from Friday to Saturday as a result of 'a police check. The 39-year-old was hiding behind a car near Lannion train station on Saturday around 1 a.m. when he was spotted by a police patrol. The man was equipped with a switchblade. “He had his handwritten certificate with his real name, the time he left home at 10:15 pm. But he was told that the reason was not valid, ”added the police, confirming information from the local press. “He's someone who is concerned about the law in his own way,” the police officer said.
Drunk, the suspect was placed in a drunken cell. He came out on Saturday morning with a fine of 135 euros for the certificate and another of 150 euros for public and overt drunkenness. He left with a good model of certificate and it was pointed out to him that "to fight is not planned," added the police commander.

humbert

Fortunately we are on the verge on ending this Covid19 crisis. There are already several vaccines out. Like all new things, they require fine tuning - but it will be done. Distribution will begin sometime next year. It will take a while for fine tuning an mass distribution, but it WILL happen. I'd say by this time next year Covid19 will be relegated to the history books.

Add to this the fact that Covid is not Bubonic Plague nor the Spanish flu. This thing has a very low kill ratio. The more people survive, the more difficult it will be for them to be reinfected. In a matter of speaking, the survivor will be, in effect, vaccined.

Shadow.97

Merry christmas to everyone :) Even if you don't celebrate it.

I wasnt planning on having any form of celebration, but ended up buying a small cake and some candy.

My landlords gave me a little goodiebag that was very much appreciated, containing:
2 Guinness drought
1 Chocolate bar
1 Sherlock Puzzleman(Toy https://www.easons.com/sherlock-puzzleman-6302063 )
1 bag of travel-essentials, deodorant, face wash etc.

@Scarface, as the Wine expert of the forum, have you tried Mulled wine?
I came to realize that the ones we have here are very weak flavorwise in comparison to what I was used to.
In sweden we heavily associate Mulled Wine (Glögg) with christmas. We usually serve it hot on the stove, one for the children without alcohol, and one for the adults.
Then we add raisins(sultanas) and almonds and drink from an espresso sized cup.

The ones who do not wish to have as much alcohol usually mix both.

humbert

Shadow: You said "2 Guinness drought". Is this beer? If so, you're saying your landlord gave you 2 bottles (or cans) of beer? If so, is it that disgusting dark beer that tastes bitter as hell? They say Irish people are heavy drinkers. All along I thought this was just stigma.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on December 26, 2020, 04:17 AM
Shadow: You said "2 Guinness drought". Is this beer? If so, you're saying your landlord gave you 2 bottles (or cans) of beer? If so, is it that disgusting dark beer that tastes bitter as hell? They say Irish people are heavy drinkers. All along I thought this was just stigma.

Irish people are undoubtably very heavy drinkers. My landlords has been completely wasted 4 times the last days.
I have yet to meet any irish people who are not heavy drinkers.
And when they drink, they drink a lot. They also like pushing others to drink more.

They usually say 'Want some cans?' or 'Cans tonight?' when they ask if you want to drink with them.
The Guinness is drought stout. So yes, beer. Dark.
I prefer Red ale, but drought stout is probably near the top for me. I cant stand the 'fresh'/sour beers. Cocos, Heineken, Bud light are all bad according to me.

A solid recommendation from me would be:
Red Ale, by Foxes Rock

scarface

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on December 27, 2020, 12:52 PM
Irish people are undoubtably very heavy drinkers. My landlords has been completely wasted 4 times the last days.
And when they drink, they drink a lot. They also like pushing others to drink more.

I thought this was "racist" (for lack of a better word) generalization, but according to you that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm curious - does your landlord's wife drink as much as he does? What about the married couple that lives there? Here's another interesting question: how do they behave when they're drunk? I'm asking because everybody reacts differently to excessive amounts of alcohol. I'm thinking their behavior might be offensive or something.

If the women drink as much as the men, then I'd guess it's a lot easier to get laid in Ireland. From what I've been reading with women it's a double whammy: their inhibitions decrease and their testosterone level increases. Ideal conditions if you're looking for a quickie -- or maybe more.

They usually say 'Want some cans?' or 'Cans tonight?' when they ask if you want to drink with them.
I prefer Red ale, but drought stout is probably near the top for me. I cant stand the 'fresh'/sour beers. Cocos, Heineken, Bud light are all bad according to me.

The dark beer you mentioned as well as the one in the picture: are any of them bitter? I love beer also, but I can't tolerate bitterness. Next time it's possible I'll probably try the beers you mentioned - as long as they're not bitter. I'm not clear as to what you mean by "fresh/sour". Regarding your preferences concerning Cocos, Heineken and Bud light, is it because they're too "plain" or maybe "watery"? Naturally I don't refer to the alcohol content, I mean the taste.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on December 28, 2020, 05:34 AM

I thought this was "racist" (for lack of a better word) generalization, but according to you that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm curious - does your landlord's wife drink as much as he does? What about the married couple that lives there? Here's another interesting question: how do they behave when they're drunk? I'm asking because everybody reacts differently to excessive amounts of alcohol. I'm thinking their behavior might be offensive or something.

If the women drink as much as the men, then I'd guess it's a lot easier to get laid in Ireland. From what I've been reading with women it's a double whammy: their inhibitions decrease and their testosterone level increases. Ideal conditions if you're looking for a quickie -- or maybe more.

The dark beer you mentioned as well as the one in the picture: are any of them bitter? I love beer also, but I can't tolerate bitterness. Next time it's possible I'll probably try the beers you mentioned - as long as they're not bitter. I'm not clear as to what you mean by "fresh/sour". Regarding your preferences concerning Cocos, Heineken and Bud light, is it because they're too "plain" or maybe "watery"? Naturally I don't refer to the alcohol content, I mean the taste.

My guess would be that you wouldnt like it :)
I would not call them plain or watery. Just straight sour, nasty after taste that lingers in the back of my throat.
The one in the picture is a red ale, which i'd say isnt very dark. It's more dark orange than yellow or black.

When it comes to getting laid, I never really enjoyed the precense of drunkos around me, so Id rather just not go to a pub.
It's not uncommon for families and such to go to the pubs, it's not like a pub in sweden where people go to party. Ofcourse it depends on the pub. But children are usually allowed until 9pm.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on December 28, 2020, 06:11 AM
My guess would be that you wouldnt like it :)

Translation: it's very bitter - stay away from it  :) ;)

When it comes to getting laid, I never really enjoyed the precense of drunkos around me, so Id rather just not go to a pub.

Yes, I'm aware of the fact that you're not really into that sort of thing. I was asking more in general terms, not specifically you.

It's not uncommon for families and such to go to the pubs, it's not like a pub in sweden where people go to party. Ofcourse it depends on the pub. But children are usually allowed until 9pm.

Let me ask you again -- how do the Irish people you live with (landlords + married couple) behave when they drink too much? I'm asking because everyone reacts differently to an excess of alcohol. Some people talk too much and say what they shouldn't, some become agressive, and some others fall asleep. I'm thinking this can become a problem for you or any tenant.

scarface

Happy new year for the users of the forum.

This year I'm alone for New year's day.
I used to be with my father, but he's not here anymore.

I hope that aa1234779, humbert and Maher are fine.
As you can see on the photo below, I'm having a pizza.