• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Christmas time!

Started by Blob1, December 30, 2016, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blob1

Where will you be spending christmas this year?

Me at home  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
BUFFALO SOLDIER, IN THE HEARTS OF AMERICA.

humbert

I don't celebrate Christmas. There's no reason to. It's just a ruse for the retailers to make money. People end up buy others stuff they don't need with money they don't have.

Why is it celebrated December 25th? Because Christian missionaries lied to Druids and other northern Europeans by telling them their god was born on the winter solstice, i.e., the day when the period daylight starts getting longer in the northern hemisphere. The fact that the day is longer doesn't become apparent after roughly 4 days after the real solstice (Dec 21).

It's all a scam.

scarface

Well, you don't need to buy some presents to celebrate Christmas. But knowing how religious humbert is, I'm not surprised he does not celebrate it.
However, maybe you are celebrating new year's eve. At least, I'm preparing to leave because I'm going to a party with several friends tonight.

scarface

I hope you enjoyed the last days of 2016..and all the best for this new year!

a few photos taken yesterday...
A good lunch with several friends in the 18th arrondissement (they don't want their photos "on some social network", hence only a little photo of the smoked salmon)

A view towards the East of Paris, probably some towers in the 19th arrondissement

I was thinking about Maher, humbert, usman or blob1... Maybe they have some interesting photos to share with us too.
It's very cold at the moment. To put it bluntly, I wish I were someplace else, in a big mansion in Florida with Vasudev to play tennis for example.
Between the frozen streets and the people shouting in the subway, the way back was not easy.