Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 33875 times)

March 27, 2020, 09:57 PM
Reply #230
  • Global Moderator
As I've said many times before, I'm sick and tired of this mass hysteria concerning Covid19. Let me remind everyone that this thing is nothing more than a very bad cold whose overall kill ratio is less than 5%. Look here for some hard facts. I don't believe bullshit, I believe numbers. Let me say once again: if this were Ebola or Bubonic Plague, then all this would make perfect sense. This thing is neither, not even close.

Believe me, mass hysteria is a very dangerous thing. People invent their own facts based on panic, and panic is very contagious. An excellent example of this is what happened to American of Japanese descent in 1942. Many were arrested, their assets were seized, and they were sent off to concentration camps in the desert. All this without a single shred of evidence that they were a danger to the Unites States.

March 27, 2020, 10:05 PM
Reply #231
As I've said many times before, I'm sick and tired of this mass hysteria concerning Covid19. Let me remind everyone that this thing is nothing more than a very bad cold whose overall kill ratio is less than 5%. Look here for some hard facts. I don't believe bullshit, I believe numbers. Let me say once again: if this were Ebola or Bubonic Plague, then all this would make perfect sense. This thing is neither, not even close.

Believe me, mass hysteria is a very dangerous thing. People invent their own facts based on panic, and panic is very contagious. An excellent example of this is what happened to American of Japanese descent in 1942. Many were arrested, their assets were seized, and they were sent off to concentration camps in the desert. All this without a single shred of evidence that they were a danger to the Unites States.
The issue isnt that it is deadly in itself, it is how fast it's spread and the toll it is taking on the hospitals by the sudden impact. They're trying to buy time by decreasing how many are infected. The more people who have to go to hospital due to corona the less people will be able to have non-critical surgury, which overtime can become critical. Just because the beds are filled.
Thats how I've interpreted the information, not that it in itself is very bad.

March 27, 2020, 10:11 PM
Reply #232
  • Global Moderator
The issue isnt that it is deadly in itself, it is how fast it's spread and the toll it is taking on the hospitals by the sudden impact. They're trying to buy time by decreasing how many are infected. The more people who have to go to hospital due to corona the less people will be able to have non-critical surgury, which overtime can become critical. Just because the beds are filled.

I agree that something like this would overwhelm the health care system. What people don't factor into the equation is that 80% of people who have this thing don't even need hospitalization. They could just be sent home and they'll recover on their own. Then again there's fear of a mass contagion which prevents rational action.