• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Documentaries

Started by aa1234779, August 20, 2017, 07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Today, I'm putting on the forum a few exceptional photos of the demonstrations taking place in the northern part of the Gaza Strip, as part of the "Great March of Return".

scarface

I didn't put any comments in the previous message but we can imagine easily why the Palestinians are gathering there.
Maybe the farmer with the horse has decided to compete in the race at the hippodrome of Auteuil.
Most probably, they found a link on the forum for Deus ex: Mankind divided a few months ago, and after playing the game, they decided to go to Dubai. The man with the horse is going to guide them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCDpWm5MYZM

scarface

Tonight, I’m going to talk about climate change and deal with this issue: Why cold waves do not call into question global warming.

As soon as winter becomes harsh, the ironic argument about the extent of global warming resurfaces. But do not confuse weather and climate.

In December 2017, Donald Trump mocked, in a tweet, global warming by commenting on the intense cold wave that was raging on the east coast of the United States.

The argument is a classic: it comes back whenever winter temperatures become negative. It seems curious - or contradictory - to a number of observers that we talk about global warming while some countries regularly experience episodes of intense cold.

The argument has a corollary widely used by climate scientists: "How can scientists predict the climate in a hundred years when they can not predict that of next week? The answer is simple: the daily weather and climate have no connection.

To summarize: the weather varies over short times, while the climate varies over (very) long periods. To be precise, meteorology refers to the study of atmospheric phenomena and conditions over short periods of time, while climate refers to the evolution of the atmosphere over the long term.

To use an analogy, if the weather is the cash you keep in your pocket, the climate is your annual income. The first varies from day to day, when the second varies much more slowly.

Evolution of average temperatures in February in metropolitan France between 1899 and 2016.

Actually, the episodes of intense cold will not disappear, they will continue to appear regularly. Simply, global warming makes them rarer.

scarface

Here are two articles in French. Maybe some of you will be interested.

A lot of rioters took to the street in the Gaza strip to protest against the ambassy of the US in Jerusalem. Despite their bravery, it turned out the Israeli Army was stronger.
http://www.lemonde.fr/proche-orient/live/2018/05/14/en-direct-seize-palestiniens-tues-a-gaza-par-des-tirs-israeliens_5298685_3218.html

India is threatened by the depletion of its groundwater.
http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2018/05/07/l-inde-menacee-par-l-epuisement-de-ses-nappes-phreatiques_5295240_3244.html

scarface

On the forum, a lot of users come from India. we can see this on this site: https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/nomaher.com
It would be interesting to have other statistics though.

But maybe some of you come from Argentina. And this country is currently going through a rough patch.
Argentine peso plumbs new low; nears 25 per dollar. Currency now down 18% over past 12 days despite interest rate hikes.

The Argentine peso suffered another mauling, falling 7.7 per cent despite efforts from the Macri government and the International Monetary Fund to prop up the country’s financial position.

The currency fell sharply at the opening of trading to just below 25 pesos the dollar, taking the decline in the last 12 days to 18 per cent.

The country’s bonds and stocks were also under pressure, with the 100-year bond trading back under 86 cents on the dollar and Argentina-related electronically-traded funds down more than 1 per cent.

The sharpness of the fall again underlines the poor liquidity in the peso, one of the least traded of emerging market currencies. The daily average turnover in over-the-counter foreign exchange in Argentina amounts to only $1bn on a net-gross basis, according to the Bank of International Settlements.

The Argentine government last week approached the IMF about a line of credit, after its central bank’s raid on reserves and a hike of interest rates to 40 per cent failed to arrest the peso’s decline.

Analysts have warned that while the move should help reassure foreign investors, Mr Macri risks alienating ordinary Argentines and their faith in the national currency. The IMF is unpopular in Argentina because of the impact its measures had on the economy in the early 2000s.

Argentines are concerned the IMF would demand the peso be allowed to float absolutely freely as a condition for lending money. Many observers argue the peso is overvalued, but after its devaluation over the last two weeks, economists are beginning to suggest the currency is reaching its market value.

President Macri said in a statement he had spoken to US president Donald Trump to discuss the start of the IMF talks. The US has the biggest voting strength among IMF member countries.

The IMF said in a statement that discussions with the government were ongoing and that it would not attach any conditions related to the exchange rate as part of its talks.

“The exchange rate should continue to be determined by market forces, with the central bank continuing to use all the policy tools that are at its disposal,” said an IMF spokesperson. An informal IMF board meeting on Argentina has been scheduled for Friday.

But analysts said time was pressing. They attributed much of Monday’s pressure on the peso to the big test faced by the central bank on Tuesday when it holds its monthly auction of short-term securities, known as Lebacs, with notes worth 639bn pesos maturing on Wednesday, or about $26bn.

There were concerns those Lebacs not rolled over would free up pesos to buy dollars, putting further pressure on the currency. Nevertheless, analysts pointed out that as much as 60 per cent of the stock of Lebacs maturing were owned by the public sector, while high interest rates above 40 per cent meant that many investors might choose to continue holding Lebacs.

The IMF needed to provide a quick timeframe for the release of financial aid to “calm down domestic sentiment” towards the peso, said Simon Quijano-Evans, EM strategist at Legal & General Asset Management â€" “or the central bank needs to hike rates yet again”.

But the question was whether that would work, “which would raise the spectre of capital controls”, he added.

Brown Brothers Harriman said it thought another rates hike was plausible. “The plunging peso warns of a further spike in inflation, and so the bank will likely need to hike rates again,” it said.

Ilya Gofshteyn, LatAm forex strategist at Standard Chartered Bank, said: “Traders feel like there are still some people caught the wrong way who haven’t liquidated positioning yet.”

But he also attributed peso weakness to the trend running against emerging market currencies. “We have oil higher, US yields higher, and therefore broad-based dollar strengthening,” said Mr Gofshteyn. “Idiosyncratic factors aren’t helping, but if we get stability in EM forex, I still believe we will see peso pain subside.”

aa1234779

The Arrivals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLsv2e1xiCPWt-4MNDXjRkg_nfqNWEog4m&time_continue=20&v=spruVpTNMqc

This docu-series is about the Illuminati control of the world from a religious perspective, and the preparations for the coming of the Antichrist, or Dajjal (deceiver).

Even though I disagree with the Shia-Islamic point-of-view of the 12 Imams after Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him, it doesn't hurt to watch it. It's an eye-opener in some aspects, although I'm not a fan of over-hyping conspiracies as the power of the aware free people of the world can & will overcome the ongoing and coming tribulations.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

For those who want to understand the situation in Gaza...
Here is an article in French, titled In Gaza, social deprivation, the breeding ground of the revolt.
http://www.liberation.fr/planete/2018/05/20/a-gaza-la-misere-sociale-terreau-de-la-revolte_1651536

scarface

I found a TV report in French, about the pollution in India, and many users of the forum could be interested in this documentary. There is a crazy economic development in India, and out of the 20 most polluted towns in the world, 17 are in India. And in towns like New Delhi, the air pollution thresholds are exceeded, sometimes 40 times the ones recommended by the WHO. After New Delhi, the documentary talks about the town of Bangalore too.
The documentary is here (the beginning in English with French subtitles, and then essentially in French..). You can skip the first part about...Syria if you are not interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmaJ82snzwg

scarface

Tonight I'm going to talk about a well-known recruiter of Mujhaideen in Syria.

Is this man going to become the next caliph of Syria? The one that Muslims have been waiting for centuries?

I don't think so. But Omar Diaby Omsen, the French-Senegalese recruiter of Jihadists said he should take advantage of the Islamic State's debacle in Syria and Iraq. This is what the French secret services predict, according to Mediapart.

ISIS's defeat in Syria and Iraq puts foreign jihadists in an uncomfortable posture.
While the majority of them prefer to follow the organization's hard-line approach to fighting until they become "martyr", others seem to opt for another choice. This is what we learn from an article in Mediapart on the prospects of jihad in 2018.

According to the journalist Mathieu Suc who draws his information from the interviews he had with the secret services, the majority of French jihadists who have joined Daesh don't want to leave the organization. On the other hand, some of those who left the IS are going to join the French-speaking katiba of Omar Diaby.

Once a subsidiary of Jabhat as Nosra, Firqatul Ghuraba (the unit of foreigners) is now affiliated with Hayat Tahrir as Sham, a coalition of Syrian insurgent groups led by the former representative of Al Qaida in Syria, Abu Mouhamed al-Joulani. For the French secret services, the transfer of jihadists to the katiba of Omar Omsen located in northwestern Syria is expected to intensify in 2018.

scarface

I'm asking the users of the forum to be patient. Another conference will take place here soon. What's more, the repack of Farcry 4 is being compressed. Hopefully it wil be smaller than fitgirl's repack, If not I won't release it but it should be below 10,8 gb. Anyway, the script will be complex since files are reflated one by one before compression for a smaller size (otherwise we can't be below 13gb), and the repack will recompress them into their original format.
Some films will be released too, and I know that the users of the forum want the best ones.
Finally, maybe I will make a special message about the paintings of the Invalides that are already available on the forums. But without comments, I guess that Danill and aa1234779 don't really understand what they are looking at.