• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

AdwCleaner [Official Thread]

Started by shhnedo, April 12, 2015, 09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 02, 2015, 03:38 PM
You missed one, BB with winapp2.ini is a head-head competitor to CCleaner.

I disagree. I've had nothing but problems with Bleachbit, including countless error messages. What Bleacbit does clean out that Ccleaner doesn't is C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. That can be added to Ccleaner manually.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 04, 2015, 06:22 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 02, 2015, 03:38 PM
You missed one, BB with winapp2.ini is a head-head competitor to CCleaner.

I disagree. I've had nothing but problems with Bleachbit, including countless error messages. What Bleacbit does clean out that Ccleaner doesn't is C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. That can be added to Ccleaner manually.
Ignore BB error msgs, its just a log file which shows which files were deleted and which weren't.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 05, 2015, 03:28 PM
Ignore BB error msgs, its just a log file which shows which files were deleted and which weren't.

The error message shouldn't be there. That's lousy software development.

You can also do a bunch of other things with Ccleaner you can't do BB.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 06, 2015, 01:18 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 05, 2015, 03:28 PM

The error message shouldn't be there. That's lousy software development.

You can also do a bunch of other things with Ccleaner you can't do BB.
Its just carried over linux's strict logging ploicy but in linux the o/p window is hidden and in MS Windows that functionality of silently skipping that logging is not present or implemented.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 06, 2015, 04:36 PM
Its just carried over linux's strict logging ploicy but in linux the o/p window is hidden and in MS Windows that functionality of silently skipping that logging is not present or implemented.

Don't you hate these OS' or programs that keep meticulous logs of everything you do? One more reason to use a cleaner every day.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 07, 2015, 09:46 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 06, 2015, 04:36 PM

Don't you hate these OS' or programs that keep meticulous logs of everything you do? One more reason to use a cleaner every day.
From developers POV, logs definitely helps in sorting out problems. But you even get good info about "what gets cleaned and what not gets clean?"

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 08, 2015, 05:57 PM
From developers POV, logs definitely helps in sorting out problems. But you even get good info about "what gets cleaned and what not gets clean?"

It's one thing that an OS keeps logs for troubleshooting purposes, but it's quite another logging can't be disabled. Ccleaner and Bleachbit delete all kinds of logs, especially when coupled with winapp2.ini

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 11, 2015, 02:47 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 08, 2015, 05:57 PM

It's one thing that an OS keeps logs for troubleshooting purposes, but it's quite another logging can't be disabled. Ccleaner and Bleachbit delete all kinds of logs, especially when coupled with winapp2.ini
Not all logs are deleted by CC/BB take for ex: Windows Dism logs are not cleaned by either one unless you tick it yourself.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 11, 2015, 09:09 AM
Not all logs are deleted by CC/BB take for ex: Windows Dism logs are not cleaned by either one unless you tick it yourself.

What files are involved? They could probably be added to CC or BB manually.

There is so much logging on these OS's it's unreal. I hate logs.

shhnedo

There has recently been a complete re-base of the program code.
If nobody has paid attention, I strongly suggest you go check it out. Link are in OP as always.