Maher's Digital World

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Offline humbert

Re: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2019, 09:34 PM »
I finally installed v1909 (via a clean install). I didn't notice any bug (unlike Vasudev I have no audio issues). I couldn't see any major changes either.

I agree. I installed it under VirtualBox and it installed and ran perfectly, even better than previous versions. The problem with this thing is upgrading from a previous version of Windows. I tried this and the whole thing crashed when it reached 67%, forcing me to restore 1809 from backup. Hopefully someone will find a way to fix this because for me a total wipe and clean install is out of the question. No time to reconfigure the OS and reinstall+configure the apps.

« Reply #291 on: November 27, 2019, 12:10 PM »
I finally installed v1909 (via a clean install). I didn't notice any bug (unlike Vasudev I have no audio issues). I couldn't see any major changes either.

I agree. I installed it under VirtualBox and it installed and ran perfectly, even better than previous versions. The problem with this thing is upgrading from a previous version of Windows. I tried this and the whole thing crashed when it reached 67%, forcing me to restore 1809 from backup. Hopefully someone will find a way to fix this because for me a total wipe and clean install is out of the question. No time to reconfigure the OS and reinstall+configure the apps.
You must enable Windows updates, undo all changes in OOSP 10 and try again. Once I enabled WU upgrade worked!
Its good to see you took a backup and restored once the install got haywired!

Offline humbert

« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2019, 05:10 PM »
You must enable Windows updates, undo all changes in OOSP 10 and try again. Once I enabled WU upgrade worked!

Hopefully that's it. I was using a WU manager and that might be the problem. Just one thing: what is 00SP10?

« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2019, 09:54 AM »

Hopefully that's it. I was using a WU manager and that might be the problem. Just one thing: what is 00SP10?
O&O Shutup 10!