• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

IObit Malware Fighter

Started by akaubee, July 04, 2014, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akaubee

What does IObit Malware Fighter 2 PRO do?

With unique "Dual-Core" anti-malware engine, IObit Malware Fighter
is able to detect and remove malware of all kind, like spyware, adware,
trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and hijackers, ensuring you a safer PC.
With Real-time Protection and creative Cloud Technology, it keeps your
computer secure all the time. IObit Malware Fighter is fully compatible
with all antivirus products and can assist your antivirus products to
ensure your PC at its top security.

Download it

View key

If you like it, try Advanced System Care Free for free

scarface

I know somebody who is totally useless at computers. I inspected his computers a few weeks ago and it was steeming with spywares, I deleted all of them. He called me to say that it doesn't work once again, He has some pop up windows again. I wanted to know if there is a mean to block the spywares in firefox. Also is it useful to set the login account to be a "limited priviliges" account?

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
I know somebody who is totally useless at computers. I inspected his computers a few weeks ago and it was steeming with spywares, I deleted all of them. He called me to say that it doesn't work once again, He has some pop up windows again. I wanted to know if there is a mean to block the spywares in firefox. Also is it useful to set the login account to be a "limited priviliges" account?

For starters, in Options -> Content click the option to block Popups. Also, Firefox has plenty of addons to prevent this sort of thing. Adblock Plus [for example] has an excellent popup blocker. Because the internet is plagued with ads and tracking, addons such as Adblock Plus, Ghostery, Disconnect and others have become indispensable. You might also want to install Browser Protect, which blocks toolbars and other crap from installing itself without your permission. I don't know how you'd run a browser with limited priveleges. I suppose what you could do is activate UAC to prevent strange programs from running without permission.