• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

CCleaner 5.01.5075 Free/Business/Professional + Portable

Started by Maher, May 26, 2013, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

Don't forget to make a trip to http://singularlabs.com and grab a copy of Ccleaner Enhancer. It's an absolute must - the amount of raw garbage left behind by OS'es and programs is simply mind boggling.

Vasudev

Why use ccenhancer when you can download latest winapp2.ini from winapp2.com and also trim.bat.
Copy winapp2.ini to ccleaner's install directory, don't forget to copy trim.bat.
Run trim.bat as administrator and follow on-screen instructions.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Why use ccenhancer when you can download latest winapp2.ini from winapp2.com and also trim.bat.
Copy winapp2.ini to ccleaner's install directory, don't forget to copy trim.bat.
Run trim.bat as administrator and follow on-screen instructions.

Thanks for the tip. Still I need your help. I can't get trim.bat to work. First I get error messages when trying to download it, and when I finally do and run it as administrator, it doesn't do anything. Do me a big favor. Take your working copy of trim.bat and email it to me. You can use the email I have on there ([email protected]).

Vasudev

Are both winapp2.ini & trim.bat present in this location: C:\program files\ccleaner

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 17, 2015, 03:03 PM
Are both winapp2.ini & trim.bat present in this location: C:\program files\ccleaner

Thanks for sending me this. I got it to work on my lappie, but on the desktop I'm having a problem. After doing "analyze" and closing Ccleaner, it comes back with a message that no update is available, then the whole thing crashes. UAC is disabled just as on the lappie.  :(

Vasudev

did you replace old winapp2 with new one I sent you?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 18, 2015, 06:31 AM
did you replace old winapp2 with new one I sent you?

Yes I did and it still didn't work. Trim.bat goes through the motions and prompts me to turn Ccleaner, click on Analyse and close when finished. When I hit any key, Ccleaner pops up again with a error message saying no update is available. Then trim.bat says to disable UAC despite the fact that it's already disabled, and subsequently crashes. It worked on the lappie despite the same settings. Go figure!

Vasudev

is there file named "ccconfig"? If so,try deleting that one and re-run trim.bat.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 19, 2015, 03:23 PM
is there file named "ccconfig"? If so,try deleting that one and re-run trim.bat.

I tried that and it didn't work. :(